• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
This happens everywhere in this industry (and outside too) unfortunately.

*edit* this was in 2010? the industry have changed since the no poach agreement thing is enforced in 2010, but I think until 2010 it was still common?

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
Now I wanna hear Neil Druckman crying again, about how Jason Schreier wants to tear them down.
Because I sure hope so that Schreier and co tear them down, because fuck em, with all this crunch culture, systematic harrassment and THIS shit right here. I'm glad, that they never received a dime from me
Why are you using an incident from 10 years ago, that as far as I can tell has nothing to do with him, to attack Druckmann over something he never said?

Fair enough if this still goes on and he is responsible but this thread has nothing to do with him and these kind of responses just show people don't really care about labour abuse and the people affected by it, they just want to use it to attack people.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Awful. This seems to have happened in 2010 so I sure hope things would have changed in a decade but... hard to believe that at this point.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
I love how everyone has just accepted this is true when it could be lies.

Same with anything that can stir up drama here though.

The practice itself is pretty bad but maybe you guys should calm down until there's actual evidence confirming it is in fact true

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Now I wanna hear Neil Druckman crying again, about how Jason Schreier wants to tear them down.
Because I sure hope so that Schreier and co tear them down, because fuck em, with all this crunch culture, systematic harrassment and THIS shit right here. I'm glad, that they never received a dime from me

Did Neil ever say that? Cause he gets attributed Cory's quotes often

May 7, 2020
Was neil vp in 2010?

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Surely we wouldn't want Schreier to be a "bit of a bully" again and "tear them down".
Those poor big time, 6-figure making, executives/lead creatives don't deserve the press sneak fuck standing up for the workers :(

Really, capitalism is pretty bad already but the game industry somehow manages to make it even worse. From people in positions of power who still believe they are Oppressed For Playing Videogames and take advantage of eager beginners excited to work with something they love to fanbases who'll defend every shitty practice from their favourite studios, we have a Long way to go before this industry becomes something healthy.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's Barlog who've said that.

RedPanda

Alt-Account
Banned
May 28, 2020
so you wont be buying any game in the future from any game company? you know this is an industry-wide problem right? I know a game company really well. one of their employers wanted to start a union. his boss flat out said he would fire him if he ever did because it would make it impossible for him to make money in the industry and they are not even as huge as naughty dog or insomniac.

The reason unions are sadly not happening is because of the way the whole industry is set up. it's a toxic environment where much is demanded and less is given. most of the time they buy the would of their employees with a gift each year instead of pay raise. overhours are at best payed back with time for time set ups. and things like this make sure you cant find another job, regardless of how good you are.

the problem you are talking about is much much much bigger and attacking one individual is not really the solution here.

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia

Maybe get your quotes right in the first place? Since Druckmann wasnt the one saying that shit about tearing them down, you know.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I love how everyone has just accepted this is true when it could be lies.

Same with anything that can stir up drama here though.

The practice itself is pretty bad but maybe you guys should calm down until there's actual evidence confirming it is in fact true
This a bad take and you know it.

Deleted member 69771

Regarding Druckmann...

lol.

hope schreier's writing something about the poaching thing if it's still going on/relevant. i guess it wouldn't be "illegal" now since they're all sony studios but still shitty

Last edited by a moderator:

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this extend to other Sony studios.

Seems maybe this is what is happening behind those celebratory artworks that those Sony studios love to post every time a 1st party Sony games release.

Hellshy

Nov 5, 2017
If you go to ArtStation and look at the official work on TLOU2, you will notice a pretty staggering number of Insomniac Games people. Quite the overlap in contribution. Was literally wondering about this yesterday.

Yeah but doesn't that go against the claims? She claims she was told more or less dont bother to apply to at ND.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
Let's imagine a scenario where the agreement was in place until the acquisition of Insomniac and the same people responsible work there today. Imagine what other awful policies exist
I mean these companies don't exist in a vacuum - if there were horrible policies they would've come to light by now

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
I know of this happening at other game studios as well, it's a lot more common than people would think- just not done this explicitly though.

lherre

Oct 28, 2017
2010, i'm sure both studios (and laws) has changed a lot since then.

But it was a shitty practice after all, now and then. At least now I think it can be punished legally.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Pretty freaking horrible, both studios and some specific people including those defending them have really lost a lot of respect from me in the last few weeks.

Hopefully someone like Schrier looks into this and exposes more but then they'd just attack them again and have other directors from other studios and voice actors attack him.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Naughty Dog's practices keep getting more and more disgusting. Fucking hell.

Druckmann being all friends with fucking Moriarty on top of that.

Daxa

Jan 10, 2018
Yeah but doesn't that go against the claims? She claims she was told more or less dont bother to apply to at ND.
Their bios still say they work at IG, so they're doing work for ND but not working at ND, according to OP because they probably just aren't allowed. And obviously, this also would keep them from leveraging their options for better treatment and compensation.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Insomniac was awarded best medium-sized business to work at for 12 years in a row for employee satisfaction, weird to see this accusation come against them.