• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Sony can fuck off with this. Hope they keep getting pressured.
the vg "press" ignored it, as expected. there is no pressure. sony sat it out and by the time they announce the next big thing, it will be forgotten. i only hope that they are bleeding a lot of talent because of this.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
the vg "press" ignored it, as expected. there is no pressure. sony sat it out and by the time they announce the next big thing, it will be forgotten. i only hope that they are bleeding a lot of talent because of this.

Kinda Funny spoke about it during their shows and had some pretty harsh words for Jim and Sony. But yeah, I don't think it's getting the attention this deserves.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda Funny spoke about it during their shows and had some pretty harsh words for Jim and Sony. But yeah, I don't think it's getting the attention this deserves.

Yeah. I think the only way we're going to realistically see anything done is through internal pressure from Sony staff, to be fair some studios and people have put on pressure but it'll likely be a quiet matter unless people reach out to journalists.

Last edited:

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
As mentioned earlier, this place is probably the most left leaning video game forum out there and the normal outrage for these type of topics is large, but this thread is pretty timid. Staying silent is the way to go.

Sony is proving to be a pretty terrible company, but they deploy very smart strategies.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
Unfortunately, I don't think this will change anything because IMO all pubs or studio head blocked their employee to put a statement that's why only 3 studio have done it unlike other causes where everyone has made a statement
But yeah fuck ryan and sony and the press should have put pressure on sony but Unfortunately forgotten

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring; Thread Derail
We can't get them to acknowledge Microsoft's long history of pay equity issues and sexual harassment problems even in the lense of the AB acquisition, we can't get them to talk more about Apple's issues with harassment, Sony's issues with it, etc. it's really hopeless.

Like Im still shocked it's been months and no one has even floated the idea/question of whether harassment at AB will get better under Microsoft when they have their own issues with it. That seems like the easiest of easy VICE news/CNN level slam dunk questions to ask or at least post in an article if PR won't answer it directly but here we are.

Basically I'm saying all the big tech companies don't really suffer enough bad PR about their choices/staff treatment. Facebook is undermining democracy in the US and the Phillipine elections with rampant false info that they won't do anything about yet all our favorite gaming sites go nuts over the latest Oculus news, it's sad. Not saying don't talk about the gaming products too, but man, no one seems to want to ask real questions aside from Schrier and some others imo

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure most of the large outlets have reported on it. There haven't been any developments and really until Sony makes a public comment on the matter, there isn't that much more to say. Not to mention some of the press are likely owned by larger corporations that are also quite silent on the matter.

LPast

Apr 17, 2021
Maybe it's because I'm a minority, but I'm not a fan of corporate virtue signaling. Unless its tied to a tangible initiative, I don't care.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
they just released their most successful Destiny expansion to date and that was without Sonys help. They would be fine to continue by themselves.

Jim Ryan sent employees an email asking them to "respect differences of opinion" around abortion rights

aka it is in their right to label a fellow employee as a murder if a abortion took place or is planned (likely phrased in less harsh terms but the intent is the same).

ket

Jul 27, 2018

No they didn't ignore this. Multiple websites including IGN and Gamespot covered this.