• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
It's weird to see how much hate Inslee gets on social media for doing this stuff.

Sorry you can't kill grandma over Thanksgiving, I guess?

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
From what I can tell, it seems that indoor parties / people spending time together are responsible for the majority of the spike - even as the rules were relaxed you didn't see any major upward spike until Halloween-ish time. I'm lucky in that I live right by the Aurora test site, so I can get tested like once a week if I wanted with no problem. But people were definitely hanging out more / more social stuff, and UW coming back into session isn't helping either I imagine. U-District was packed a month ago or so (I think it was a month ago?).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
From what I can tell, it seems that indoor parties / people spending time together are responsible for the majority of the spike - even as the rules were relaxed you didn't see any major upward spike until Halloween-ish time. I'm lucky in that I live right by the Aurora test site, so I can get tested like once a week if I wanted with no problem. But people were definitely hanging out more / more social stuff, and UW coming back into session isn't helping either I imagine. U-District was packed a month ago or so (I think it was a month ago?).

They've had multiple outbreaks on Greek Row, but at the same time it's disingenuous to lay all the blame on college students. Every age group is equally responsible here.

Once the weather got worse, people started going inside. It fits the pattern of behavior here in the PNW as the days get darker, wetter and colder. Sadly it shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

Cybit

Oct 25, 2017
They've had multiple outbreaks on Greek Row, but at the same time it's disingenuous to lay all the blame on college students. Every age group is equally responsible here.

Once the weather got worse, people started going inside. It fits the pattern of behavior here in the PNW as the days get darker, wetter and colder. Sadly it shouldn't be shocking to anyone.

Yeah - let me be clear, that's on UW itself at worst for having students come back in. North Seattle hasn't been terrible so far, so I'm not sure outside the Greek Row incidents it's been too bad on UW campus. And unlike most people, if they're in their dorms, they don't have much else to do. College students are pretty much guinea pigs for some super screwed up systems right now, oof. :(

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I've been getting messages that my work is like March 13th all over again right now. I'm glad that Inslee isn't afraid to shut shit down, it needs to be done, I just wish I didn't work in grocery on the eastern side of the state. Everyone is a fucking moron over here, full stop.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've been getting messages that my work is like March 13th all over again right now. I'm glad that Inslee isn't afraid to shut shit down, it needs to be done, I just wish I didn't work in grocery on the eastern side of the state. Everyone is a fucking moron over here, full stop.

It absolutely is, Costco is slammed and out of stock of TP etc. Now it's spilling over to the grocery store as well.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
It absolutely is, Costco is slammed and out of stock of TP etc. Now it's spilling over to the grocery store as well.

Well, I survived March 13th somehow or another, I'll do it again tonight. At least this time I've actually got experience closing. The first time this happened I had only been closing for like a week or something, and the actual closing manager was on vacation. Talk about a trial by fire.

I can't imagine how the hell the day before thanksgiving is going to go now. We're a store that averages about $45,000-$50,000 a day in sales, with our busiest days being about $65,000. March 13th was $145,000. The day before thanksgiving is normally about $110,000. I really hope our company isn't a bunch of morons and actually gets us some uniformed security to manage the doors that day.

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
Knowing this was coming, I went to grocery store this morning at like 7:30 and got all the things I need for thanksgiving and some other stuff. Not many people in the store. However the store was stocked up really well with basically everything. I doubt this will cause another panic buy like we saw in March. But as it's close to thanksgiving it'll make things annoying for those last minute shoppers.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
I work for a school district in Washington. We've got multiple schools planning on starting onsite student sessions this month. It's absurd.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
I work for a school district in Washington. We've got multiple schools planning on starting onsite student sessions. It's absurd.

Yep, my sister and her four kids live in one of those districts and she's furious. She's contacted the school, city, newspapers and anyone else she can think of to voice her frustration of them reopening and ignoring the science. As a result, she's part of the 25% apparently who will continue to her kids at home for now.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Yeah - let me be clear, that's on UW itself at worst for having students come back in. North Seattle hasn't been terrible so far, so I'm not sure outside the Greek Row incidents it's been too bad on UW campus. And unlike most people, if they're in their dorms, they don't have much else to do. College students are pretty much guinea pigs for some super screwed up systems right now, oof. :(

South King County is doing much worse than we are. So glad my parents are down there and aren't as vigilant about everything as I am.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine how the hell the day before thanksgiving is going to go now. We're a store that averages about $45,000-$50,000 a day in sales, with our busiest days being about $65,000. March 13th was $145,000. The day before thanksgiving is normally about $110,000. I really hope our company isn't a bunch of morons and actually gets us some uniformed security to manage the doors that day.

That's like a slow day at my store. We're open 24 hours normally, so hopefully we can close at night again. People were trying to rip boxes out of the pallets last time.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
California could make getting in hell tho, mandatory rapid testing with contact info at every Ag checkpoint on the state border would do the trick for travel tracking and discouraging vacations by tripling the wait time at the border. That's what I'd do and the infastructure is there already
Interstate travel restrictions would actually fall under the jurisdiction of the federal government and California would likely lose the case if the federal government stepped in and filed a lawsuit.

Zeusy

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
WA
It's weird to see how much hate Inslee gets on social media for doing this stuff.

Sorry you can't kill grandma over Thanksgiving, I guess?
This x100, I have relatives posting the "fuck inslee" rhetoric....like our family hasn't had a death and more than 3 cases due to the pandemic. It's annoying and flabbergasting.

Last edited:

MoosiferX

Oct 27, 2017
Richland, WA
I live in eastern WA, and I'm very happy to have a governor that takes this pandemic seriously. I wish I spoke for my fellow eastern Washingtonian but I'm sure they're raging right now. I work with people who've test positive for COVID and they down play it and even go out to bars while they should be quarantining. It's really sad and frustrating, but at least they won't be able to do that for a little while.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
As some one who has to work Black Friday in retail I'm relieved at the occupancy limits put in (in only the strictest quarantines that you haven't seen in the us is my type store considered non essential so they won't close us).

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
howdy, neighbor! I live pretty close to that FM. tip: Luna Azul two blocks away has some of the best Mexican food in town *and* a COVID-friendly takeout window. the chicken chile relleno comes in a sour cream chipotle sauce that's ridiculously good.

I live in Green Lake, but we've eaten there in the past. Really good stuff.

Our takeout places since this has all gone down are The Shambles, Zaina, Rositas, Judy Fu's, Latona Pub, Salare, Joule, Junebaby, Saffron Grill and Takis. We tend to only get takeout two or three times a month. We like to cook.

my wife and her teacher friends are furious. No indoor gatherings, but they are expected to start having small groups of kids soon. The ruling does not impact schools

What district? Seattle isn't having kids come back until the end of January at the earliest and I bet it gets pushed back.

Last edited:

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
These restrictions are necessary if we are going to save people from themselves. I honestly do not understand the recklessness of people going out dining in this environment.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
These restrictions are necessary if we are going to save people from themselves. I honestly do not understand the recklessness of people going out dining in this environment or planning large gatherings.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Did Inslee say that grocery stores were only at 30% capacity prior to going back down to 25%? Wow, that's surprising. Sure says what I know only looking in from the outside.

Never had a problem with Fred Meyer curbside pickup at the Greenwood (Seattle) store.
howdy, neighbor! I live pretty close to that FM. tip: Luna Azul two blocks away has some of the best Mexican food in town *and* a COVID-friendly takeout window. the chicken chile relleno comes in a sour cream chipotle sauce that's ridiculously good.

hello to both of you! I live right by that Fred Meyer in Greenwood. Reach out if you need anything!

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere

OMFG That place is soooo fucking good. And I say that as a spoiled Los Angeles transplant.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
That's like a slow day at my store. We're open 24 hours normally, so hopefully we can close at night again. People were trying to rip boxes out of the pallets last time.

It's all about staffing, it's hard for us to keep up with our number of staff. We're no where near the top of our companies store food chain, but the stores that are bringing in double our dailies have the staff to handle it. Even fully staffed though, no one can really schedule or expect to pull in double the numbers out of the blue. Hopefully you're faring better at your work. I'm also hoping we end up restricting our hours again. We were never 24 hours, we originally closed at midnight, and we're currently closing at 10pm. For a while we were closing at 8pm, and to be honest I wouldn't mind going back to that. It actually gave us some time to clean up the store, build all the end displays without people in the way, and a lot of our employees were just generally happier.

and yeah, I remember having to hide the toilet paper and wipes in the back when the freight showed up because people would mob the pallets. Or dumb people would be trying to pull stuff from the bottom of pallets. Based on how today went, we'll be back to hiding those pallets tomorrow.

Arken

Jan 14, 2018
Seattle
Completely necessary. I just moved to Seattle from Florida and while a 4-week lockdown sucks, the limits aren't even that bad. If only people would wear their fucking mask. It's so damn simple.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This is the stance from Trumper's in our state:

126041647_10158913789817290_5238187622272575755_n.jpg

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
This is the stance from Trumper's in our state:

126041647_10158913789817290_5238187622272575755_n.jpg

That is so spot on. The only way it would've been better if they used "Taxlee" instead.

There was a dude driving around Green Lake with a gigantic Trump and Don't Tread on Me flags on Saturday. All I could think of was the meme with the snake gagging on a ventilator. He drove by my house twice while I was doing yard work and finally just decided to flip him off. Felt good.

I know there are some Trump supporters that live around me, case you know, thanks NextDoor. And that guy in an apartment building near my house with a big Culp sign in his window. But at the same time, these big ass truck flag assholes live out in the suburbs and purposely drive into the city to own the libs. They're drawn to the lake like moths to a flame every weekend. They're so predictable and pathetic.

Last edited:

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
The 25% capacity over thanksgiving grocery shopping is going to create some amazingly long lines.

It was only 30% capacity before this went into effect, so yes people will panic and flock to the stores, but the actual number inside isn't much less.

The Trader Joes on Roosevelt in the U District is normally pretty dead on Sunday mornings when I run by around 9am, but yesterday the line outside was almost down to 45th.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
We got Indian takeout on Saturday night. What a shitshow.

So many people eating inside without masks on, and an absolute clusterfuck in the entry way of people waiting for tables as well as people waiting for takeout orders. There were no signs directing people do anything, people had no clue what to do and the waitstaff looked stressed. No one was giving each other distance, people were hovering way too close to each other. I nope'd out and sat in my car in the parking lot and called them saying they could let me know when it was ready and I'd meet them at the door. Our food was an hour behind schedule. HOLY SHIT PEOPLE ARE STUPID.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
If any of you are in the Tacoma area, and want to support a local resturant that has amazing food. Check out Bar Bistro. They will be hurting. I've been over tipping just because I know they might need it more.

Oct 27, 2017
I was already staying home on Thanksgiving with my kids, but now even the people in my Trumper family are calling off having the holiday together.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
My parents and I had talked about doing Thanksgiving outside in their backyard with just the five of us and keeping our distance. They're quarantining, but we're still unsure. Legally what we talked about doing is allowed under the new orders and also, my wife and I are afraid that if we don't do our distanced outdoor thanksgiving with them they might do something stupid indoors with other people that aren't. Ugh.