• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Like, things that don't really matter in the greater scope of things, but stuff that you're worried about anyways.

For me, it's the theme park and roller coaster industry. All the revenue is gone, and there might not be any income for a while. Theme parks are my life, my passion, and it would kill me to see so many parks go under. But most people wouldn't really think of it when discussing the effects of COVID-19.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like buying physical comic books and I'm worried that the shops here are going to straight go out of business

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
My hair is starting to look real dumb but I'm afraid I'm going to fuck it up if I try cutting it myself.

I really like buying physical comic books and I'm worried that the shops here are going to straight go out of business

I remember reading an article awhile ago where an owner of a comic shop said that disasters are usually devastating to small stores because they typically rely heavily on a small number of customers who buy a stack of comics every week. Many of those customers buy almost out of habit, and some of them just drop the hobby if they're forced to stop buying for some reason and have an opportunity to reflect on much they're spending, how much enjoyment they're actually getting out of it, how many of the books they're actually reading vs. just stacking up, etc.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, hopefully you're store makes it, but I thought it was an interesting side-effect of disasters, not something I would have considered on my own. I've been wondering how this will affect the game's industry, if sales will be strong for the next few months because people are bored at home, or slow because people do something similar to the above and take the opportunity to know out their backlog.

Last edited:

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had planned to get a 75" 4k TV and the new consoles this year. I question if this will end up happening.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Evo and really FG game tournaments in general even at the local level. I think most aspects of my life can be sustained in a social distancing world but those are in the most danger.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I've been working towards purchasing a home and that's all gone to shit. I️ want an new couch and a second dog which I️ wanted to do post house

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to go on my first vacation in about 6 years this summer, probably not going to happen now.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Last of Us Part 2 indefinite delay bummed me out the most. I can deal with tech delays like PS5 moving to 2021. But TLOU2 delay really stung.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Getting a proper haircut. Already risked it doing once and I know I will need a new one in a couple of weeks and will risk doing it again. Yes, it's that annoying walking around with a bad haircut especially with summer on it's way.

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
I've been super excited for the new Dune movie by Villeneuve; hard to imagine them being able to finish it by December under these conditions.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
My mom was planning on coming to visit on my birthday this June. We were going to meet in Chicago and go see, among other things, the Natural History Museum. But I wonder if it will be safe to travel by then. Probably not.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
July 17th is scheduled as both the wide release of TENET and the Seattle leg of the Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer tour - and it was really rad that all that was happening on the same day for me. However also neither of those things have been officially cancelled or postponed, so I've been stuck in a sense of pre-grief for this super rad day that officially is still on the books but will definitely get altered sooner or later.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
There was a rail station scheduled to open near my apartment later this year, and I'm worried it's going to be severely delayed.

I mean, no one would really use it right now anyway, so that's why it's silly.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I've been super excited for the new Dune movie by Villeneuve; hard to imagine them being able to finish it by December under these conditions.

Yeah of all the silly things I worry about the movie industry is at the top. I loooove going to the cinema and I don't want that to change. Such bad timing with a Nolan and Villeneuve movie on the way.

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to go on my first vacation in about 6 years this summer, probably not going to happen now.

Same here. Got my first job that actually got me vacation days and had this whole week long trip planned that was supposed to happen this week and I had to scrap the whole thing. I feel like I should just be grateful to just have a job still, but it sucks to go from "Oh shit I can travel now!" to "Lol. Nevermind."

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bad idea and I probably wont do it. But still, it's all about taking all the safe measurements if I would do that, It's not a crowded place and my barber only takes on his client list, not new customers.
Not sure what safe measures you and them would be able to take, since you would both be in extremely close proximity.

Also, what does not taking new customers have to do with what is going on?

Other than the state of certain local businesses, I feel like it's going to be a nightmare to get a haircut for a while.
For sure, the waits once places open again are going to be long. If they have the money to reopen... :(

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
The price of PC components.... I really want to build a new rig pretty soon. I have been out of the (building) game for a while and am hoping to build within the next two ish months maybe.

Good news is that everything seems mostly fine? But I'm still worried things could change drastically in the next few months just in general. So I'm just saving my money for now. Never know....

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Conventions. I had three cons planned for next year and now I have no idea if any of them are happening.

Nov 7, 2017
My interview for a new job role (Nurse Educator) got put on hold due to COVID.

Also all the cancelled international trips ugh
Gyms being closed and home weight equipment being scarce af
Getting clippers for my hair is also a pain on Amazon (sold out)

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Worried about physical media in video games dying at a much faster rate. I can imagine a lot of people that tend to buy physical games are going with digital now due to the situation and might not come back to physical when this is over.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Paying a shit ton of money for what's become online graduate school program. Losing my paid summer internship and not being able to find a replacement.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
COVID-19 closures had me bummed that I wouldn't see the acquaintance from uni that I've been interested in since January. So about four weeks ago I asked him out over email. Just figured I'd shoot my shot and see if we could get to know each other better after quarantine. Well I was ignored. I'm mostly over the actual rejection (no answer is an answer) but I do hate how if this virus didn't exist then I could still gleefully be deluded into thinking he was into me and we'd still be teasing eachother in the lab. It feels silly but you know that crush period where you look forward to every chance you get to spend together? I miss that. I also have anxiety about the next time I run into him in real life, because it'll be awkward when it previously wasn't at all.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty bummed that D-Con this fall isn't gonna happen. I've lost 30 pounds during lockdown over the past 5-6 weeks but MAN do I miss me some shitty fast food. Wendy's launched their breakfast menu right as the shit started to hit the fan and my girlfriend and I were so curious ;_;

I'm lucky as hell I look fine with a buzz and have the tools to do it at home, can't imagine going to get my hair cut somewhere for a loooong time. I miss my barber though, she was awesome and always talked about playing GTA V with her nephew ):