• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think xbox will be stronger?

• Yes, definitely stronger.

Votes: 1,525 37.7%
  • No, PS5 will be stronger.

Votes: 341 8.4%
  • Not sure honestly.

Votes: 1,424 35.2%
  • Don't care I'm a PC gamer.

Votes: 462 11.4%
  • I play switch only lol. Switch port pls

Votes: 294 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest thing for me is going to be build quality. The PS4 pro (and my regular PS4 before it) is one of the loudest consoles I've ever owned and just seems like it's not built very well. My X in comparison is whisper quiet and just feels like a premium console. It's like a reversal of the previous gen when my Xbox 360 was a piece of shit and the PS3 was solid.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
I believe it. MS has corrected a lot of issues and changed since Xbox one launch. I fully expect them to go all out on next console right from the start.
Agreed.

We haven't seen the new Xbox division yet - at least - not the one we have now in full swing. Frankly, no one knows what this new Xbox division will do. Next gen will answer that. And I still stand by the next Xbox console being the most powerful on the market and retaining that title for some time. They simply can't afford not to be now. That lesson, at least, has been learned.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Xbox is hugely popular in the west, and even in the east the playstation brand is largely a spent force

Japanese developers, in recent years - have been citing the growth and importance of the (non-China/Japan) Asian markets, in particular, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea - for making up for the relative decline of the Japanese market for console sales.

And a huge factor for it? PS4.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft sources and insiders have been known to claim they have the most powerful hardware even when they don't. Same thing happened before official specs had been released prior to this gen too. Hell, some like Albert Penelo (from Microsoft) claimed they'd not allow such a power gap even following the official spec releases when it was obvious that the PS4 was more powerful. We invented direct X, we'd never allow such a power gap he said. Then we had all the Cloud PR nonsense to bridge the notion of any power gulf further.

Point is, whilst rumours could be true and the higher end Xbox Anaconda console might very well be more powerful, I'd be cautious about how much weight we put on these rumours, especially ones claiming even the lower end Scarlett model is going to be more powerful than the PS5, something that goes against the consensus of insider murmurs.
This isn't true at all though. In fact, Albert was the only example of this. Going off of what actual insiders said, we always knew the xb1 would have a weaker gpu. We also thought it would have more ram. Which it did until Sony changed upped the PS4 ram last second.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
its pretty obvious Xbox is going to have a more powerful and more expensive model Iam shocked there's so much debate about it

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
The biggest thing for me is going to be build quality. The PS4 pro (and my regular PS4 before it) is one of the loudest consoles I've ever owned and just seems like it's not built very well. My X in comparison is whisper quiet and just feels like a premium console. It's like a reversal of the previous gen when my Xbox 360 was a piece of shit and the PS3 was solid.
Yeah it does feel really premium not just whisper quiet so many features like UHD drive, freesync, dolby atmos support, more ram, better clocked cpu etc. I read a rumor that scarlet has an AI chip whatever that means. Gonna be some interesting stuff for sure.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
that's a much better title. "More advanced" doesnt mean anything.

With that in mind, the differentiation will probably be down to clocks. i cant imagine MS going with a different memory type than Sony which is likely GDDR6

Possum

Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Japanese developers, in recent years - have been citing the growth and importance of the (non-China/Japan) Asian markets, in particular, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Korea - for making up for the relative decline of the Japanese market for console sales.

And a huge factor for it? PS4.

Or Mobile Gaming? Asia gives no shit about Consoles anymore.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

We haven't seen the new Xbox division yet - at least - not the one we have now in full swing. Frankly, no one knows what this new Xbox division will do. Next gen will answer that. And I still stand by the next Xbox console being the most powerful on the market and retaining that title for some time. They simply can't afford not to be now. That lesson, at least, has been learned.

What lesson? Power has never determined the 'winner'.

X-Peaceman-X

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
To be clear I don't like being regarded as a "leaker". I'm a sales person first and foremost.

But sometimes people like to talk to me about stuff and sometimes I feel like talking as well. This however is something I have never heard outside of 1 person and frankly I'm not putting in any effort to verify it.

So idk
would you be willing to dm people who want to know and tell them what you heard? If not I understand. I'm just a sucker for all of this stuff lmao

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for asking.

Did they say how it was more advanced? Memory and storage is what i am betting on. But i guess it could be streaming hardware, which would be boring to me.

Everything I've read about Scarlett implies 2 consoles (Xcloud and premium console). I don't think the premium console has ever been rumored to rely on the cloud for performance.

Feb 10, 2018
And I'm trying to tell you that Europe is sony land and you're being rude. In fact from the last couple of days reading your posts I can tell you have issues with accepting other opinions that do not match your own. Have a good day/night.

I'm sorry if your were offended it was not my intention.
It's just Im not arguing that Sony will be the market leader in Europe next gen, I think they will be, the post you replied to is more about another poster not accepting that Xbox can improve and do better in Europe.

And yes I dont accept other people's opinions when I think my point is correct, I don't know why you think this is a bad thing.

Cbrun44

If Microsoft can't step up with the exclusives, they will suffer a general repeat. Power means little if they can't get their studios going.

Here's hoping both systems are excellent. We need a strong Sony and Microsoft.

joe_zazen

Oct 25, 2017
So after mod edit, Klobrille apparently has sony tech documents which he has cross referenced against xb docs and is sharing with site staff. i wish wish he'd share more publicly.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
would you be willing to dm people who want to know and tell them what you heard? If not I understand. I'm just a sucker for all of this stuff lmao

Nah I'm really not into bring a leaker

My primary focus right now is growing my new YouTube channel and I dont want that channel to be built around leaks. In fact I'm so serious about this I've recently left basically all "insider" circles I've associated with and stopped talking to almost everyone in the rumor mill.

Of course I am still gonna hear stuff sometimes but am trying to avoid most of it moving forward to focus on my channel

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I love how a hardware speculation thread is filled with people stating how they are never going to buy an Xbox and how Sony has great first party support.

Anyway, I believe Phil Spencer himself has implied that Microsoft will never have the weaker console going forward. They're also in a better position to take a potential margin loss if they want to be disruptive. I think a $100 cheaper "1080p Machine" Lockhart combined with a PS5-priced "More Powerful" Anaconda would be a powerful marketing combination. If they wanted to go hard they would try to make the weaker machine on-par with the PS5, but that's just crazy talk.

OG Xbox was released after ps2, it was more powerful. Ps3 and Ps4 were superior to the competition.

Ah yes, the PS3 with its weaker GPU, less usable RAM and worse looking multiplats.

PS3 vs 360 was basically a wash from a technical perspective. Most devs ended up using the Cell's GPU-esque abilities to make up for the garbage Nvidia RSX.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
The CPU? It was specified, so maybe Microsoft is confident theirs is better. The GPU was not, right, just that it's ATI and does ray-tracing.

"The CPU is based on the third generation of AMD's Ryzen line and contains eight cores of the company's new 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture. " Lifted straight from the Wired article and is the only known numbers thus far. So are you saying Microsoft aren't going to leverage a Zen 2 CPU? Edited for clarity.

Those numbers being 7nm and 8 cores. Maybe micrsoft are going to melt faces (and living rooms) with a 10, 12, 16 core?

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
All we know until both consoles specs leak convincingly or are announced is that ms is aiming to have a more powerful sku but there is no way to guarantee that unless they know what Sony is doing. We already knew that though because Phil already said it. It's obvious that having a more powerful option is a design goal for next gen. None of this is important at all until we get all the details. The Sony only people shouldn't be too bothered about this anyway because they have had the inferior hardware for years now and they weren't too bothered. Either way I'm just glad both companies are more engaged in trying to push performance rather than the less than stellar launch this gen (More so in the Xbox camp)

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the Next xbox is clearly more powerful, I'm out if the OS is garbage like it is on the one (and one x).

Feb 10, 2018
Do you know how many members he has strong-arm ? This guy has made a lot of members put him on thier ignore list.

Strong arm? So debating something is strong arming? , maybe its people who are upset because they were incorrect about something and they could not handle that.
How do you know who's ignored me, have you been discussing it with them?

Oct 30, 2017
Here we go again. I remember when Xbox one was rumored to be a better and more powerful console.

The only way this is happening is if its a slightly more powerful console at a comparable price, way better console at at least $100 more which would be a slight disadvantage because these things will already cost more, or multi scu release of a comparable console and a way more costly console.

Also the PS5 specs were barely note worthy so using them to confirm power difference is pointless at this point.

I dont doubt Microsoft has the opportunity to make an incredible console that over powers PS5, but not in a base model that's going to compete for a reasonable price. If they release a way better console for the same price or cheaper, I'll be amazed.

Psykodoughboy

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonistic behaviour across multiple topics, system warring, and numerous accumulated infractions relating to hostility
Strong arm? So debating something is strong arming? , maybe its people who are upset because they were incorrect about something and they could not handle that.
How do you know who's ignored me, have you been discussing it with them?
Hahaha obtuse Joe here still at it. No it's an observation, and no conspiracy maybe collusion.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised.
Launching with two different specs allows them to have a price competitive unit and a more powerful unit.

Next gen is looking good for Xbox, Phil continues to make all of the right moves.
E3 will be fun!

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be console war memes for years like it's 2013 again at the old place? I hope not. That shit was embarrassing

Status
Not open for further replies.