• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 596 58.1%
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 3

Votes: 82 8.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 remake

Votes: 164 16.0%
  • A second Resident Evil 1 remake

Votes: 87 8.5%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 96 9.4%

• Total voters
OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk has been posting image fragments on Twitter. So far he's written "I was not wrong"

bcf.png

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
Reboot movie + game adaptation

also an RE vs. DMC fighting game please

Last edited:

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I saw some speculation that the RE8 werewolf game that turned into a spinoff ended up turning BACK into RE8

maybe that's what Dusk is alluding to here

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I saw some speculation that the RE8 werewolf game that turned into a spinoff ended up turning BACK into RE8

maybe that's what Dusk is alluding to here

That's what I was thinking.

I mean, January 2021is four full years after RE7. And I can see them wanting a "mainline" game for the 25th anniversary.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Here's what I was able to piece together-
dusk.png

and a lighter version-

You know what? I think these are multiple projects like dusk hinted at before:

First pic: Outbreak Remaster (Kevin Ryman dying as a zombie cutscene I think?)

Second and third: RE1 remake.....remake? (looks like the attic where you fight yawn). It for sure looks like a static background like RE1 Remaster or maybe RE0?). They both look to be the same project or room at least since they seem to be similar environments. Maybe a wesker game going back to all the environments of RE0 and RE1 in the REmake engine possiby putting that in game wesker model from RE0 to work?

Fourth: I have no fucking clue.

That's for sure Kevin Ryman in that first pic though. He looks just like the PS2 rendered model that's most likely Outbreak(with hopefully file 2 as well in one game) Remastered

Definitely a great year for RE fans off the bat if that's just one of the many games coming this fiscal year with RE3make around the corner as well.
Outbreak fans rejoice!!!

Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Resident Evil Gaiden remake.

I genuinely want that more than ever, I want the twist that RE4 Leon is actually a BOW with Leon's memories but it explains why Leon's suddenly John McLane. Hell even with training he shouldn't exactly be John Wick.

Back on topic I have some ideas but I won't say anything because if I do, I'll jinx it.

But RE8 is an obvious one, but anything action orientated will be a no buy for me.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
The last bunch of images Dusk post were super dark so I adjusted some levels to try and reveal what's in them and added them-
dusk_3.png

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Oh god, I really hope that witch and werewolf shit isn't back to being RE8.
But it would correlate with his previous statement that the dev team in RE8 did something that they never did before with any game in the franchise. And going back to a previously scrapped version would be probably be it.

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Oh god, I really hope that witch and werewolf shit isn't back to being RE8.
But it would correlate with his previous statement that the dev team in RE8 did something that they never did before with any game in the franchise. And going back to a previously scrapped version would be probably be it.
I'm kinda indifferent to the werewolf thing. Could be kinda cool? 🤷‍♂️. Although, I wish they would move away from the stalker enemy if the witch thing is still a witch. I loved Mr. X, Nemesis seems like he will be brutal, but i think that's a formula that could get stale after awhile. Just IMO

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
I'm kinda indifferent to the werewolf thing. Could be kinda cool? 🤷‍♂️. Although, I wish they would move away from the stalker enemy if the witch thing is still a witch. I loved Mr. X, Nemesis seems like he will be brutal, but i think that's a formula that could get stale after awhile. Just IMO

If Werewolves aren't actually werewolf but more like experimental hybrids creature, I'm okay with it.
I just hope Resident Evil isn't going into some supernatural stuff, that's not what the series is about.
I really wish Dusk would just tell us, I hate being left in the dark like that lol

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Outbreak HD collection with functioning online and cross play would be awesome.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
If Werewolves aren't actually werewolf but more like experimental hybrids creature, I'm okay with it.
I just hope Resident Evil isn't going into some supernatural stuff, that's not what the series is about.
I really wish Dusk would just tell us, I hate being left in the dark like that lol
I don't see what's the reason to worry. Every single time that it seems like the series is flirting with the supernatural, it just turns out to be some matter of series-appropriate super-science/SCIENCE!(tm), instead.

As a recent example, we saw this same thing play out in RE7, where all the apparent psychic/psychokinetic BS that went on...just turned out to be powered by "spores" that a new type of BOW could use to control people and make them hallucinate. Then turn into freaks like the Bakers and their victims.

Now that RE7 bothered to establish that these types of BOWs are a thing, it already paints a decent picture of what these supposed "witches" and "werewolves" in RE8 could be.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
First time seeing this thread. Shame about CVX and Dino Crisis, but can't wait to see what the future holds for RE!

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see what's the reason to worry. Every single time that it seems like the series is flirting with the supernatural, it just turns out to be some matter of series-appropriate super-science/SCIENCE!(tm), instead.

As a recent example, we saw this same thing play out in RE7, where all the apparent psychic/psychokinetic BS that went on...just turned out to be powered by "spores" that a new type of BOW could use to control people and make them hallucinate. Then turn into freaks like the Bakers and their victims.

Now that RE7 bothered to establish that these types of BOWs are a thing, it already paints a decent picture of what these supposed "witches" and "werewolves" in RE8 could be.

Especially for werewolves, RE already has a history of human-animal hybrids and bizarre transformations way before RE7.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I didn't even consider this before, but a Resident Evil 0 Remake in the same style as RE2/RE3 might actually be happening. That game could really stand to benefit from a remake most of all, and the leech monsters would be super scary in that style.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how I missed the info about Dino Crisis. What a bummer.

Really happy to see RE is having such a renaissance though. Not what I would have expected after RE6.