• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 596 58.1%
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 3

Votes: 82 8.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 remake

Votes: 164 16.0%
  • A second Resident Evil 1 remake

Votes: 87 8.5%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 96 9.4%

• Total voters

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Actual footage of Jawmuncher reading that tweet:

tenor.gif

Jan 11, 2018
I feel like it's already pretty crazy right now, with two high effort remakes in two years. The wait for 8 is brutal though, I just hope those rumors about it being more action oriented are false.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Anything worth sharing? Why did we miss out? I guess it wasn't working out or it would not have been cancelled?

I heard this ages ago and it might not even be the same as Dusk's info. But it was around the time of RE2 and was going to be a reboot that mixed together elements of the first 2 games together. I'm going to assume like most things, RE took priority and it was pushed to the side for it.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
i want a Jill/Leon game. best resident evil girl and best resident evil boy in one game. jill could save leon from his thirst for ada. supporting character should be adult sherry because i've missed her ever since RE6.
Jill & Leon both being playable in one game would be too powerful.......they should do it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Damn, never played one of them but I feel bad for Dino Crisis fans, always seems like they're getting the shaft

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
True, but it still gave us the most iconic version of Wesker in the series. Plus while I agree that the game did Jill dirty, it's nothing that Jill can't make a comeback from.

I think 5 is probably a better candidate for a remake than 4 honestly. I like Wesker's smirkier attitude in 5 but maybe a remake could tone down the overall campiness of the game to be more in line with the recent remakes.

I can no longer picture Wesker using his powers in 5 without also now thinking of this:

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder about that playtest Capcom sent out emails for early in the month. I couldn't do it, but I would have loved to see what they were cooking.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Revelations 3 or some sort of new spinoff is the safe bet. I'm assuming RE8 is indeed a ways off, especially since Capcom kind of has two valid options for how it plays (1st person versus RE2/3 remake's mix of classic RE and RE4).

Really not expecting any more remakes. Note that with RE3's release, all of the "mainline" games will be available on current gen, even if Code Veronica is stuck with 360 backwards compatibility or PS2 on PS4.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If this is the Dino Crisis project I think it is. We really missed out with it being cancelled, but we did get something everyone has been enjoying in its place (RE2).

Regardless, the fact they're still thinking about it means there's still a chance as the IP seems to be on their mind. Which might be playing into why they're quiet on the series. No reason to remind people if you're trying to reboot.
I applaud your positivity. Your genuine love for Dino Crisis and how you handle the topic should inspire more people. It would make the internet a more chill place.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I think 5 is probably a better candidate for a remake than 4 honestly. I like Wesker's smirkier attitude in 5 but maybe a remake could tone down the overall campiness of the game to be more in line with the recent remakes.

I can no longer picture Wesker using his powers in 5 without also now thinking of this:

😂🤣
Arguably the best thing to come out of RE5.

I did like RE5, but I wouldn't mind if the reimagine it. They can do much better.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Was really looking forward to a Code Verona Remake and even I was excited at the idea of a Dino crisis announcement just to see everyone else excited even though it doesn't mean much to me

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Despite looking pretty great graphically for the era, Resi 5 needs a remake just to remove the horrible filter they added over the top of everything:

llk754neji941.jpg

OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very possible. If they do that, hope they go all tge way. New characters, new backstory. No ties to the existing franchise.
I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Regina or the time-travel aspect. I think the best way to go about things would be to take the characters of DC1 and the general story of the game, as completely redo it while keeping the premise intact. And after that, they can go in a completely different direction. I don't think anyone cares about the story of 2 outside of a few diehard fans.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be a mistake to get rid of Regina or the time-travel aspect. I think the best way to go about things would be to take the characters of DC1 and the general story of the game, as completely redo it while keeping the premise intact. And after that, they can go in a completely different direction. I don't think anyone cares about the story of 2 outside of a few diehard fans.
TBH, I don't think many people care about the first story or characters. You can pretty much do anything with Dino Crisis story wise. It's the Jurassic Park survival horror concept of Dino Crisis that only needs to be kept.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the Outbreak games are being re-imagined into a canon single player experience, or just remade entirely as an improved multiplayer experience.

There was a nod to them in RE2 IIRC.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Can I get another standalone Mercs/Raid Mode game? Ever since Mercs 3D, I thought it was a sign from Capcom that style of game was ready to "graduate" from side-game and be its own thing. I'm still waiting~!

And all the "leaker warz" around RE8 are going to be interesting to see play out. I'm just here for the "werewolf" BOWs.

Lt.Chips

Nov 4, 2017
Resident Evil: The Movie: The Game

Starring Alice (is that her name?)

Imagine the melee between her and Nemsis in glorious REngine!

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Not surprising they are no longer wasting anymore resources on a bad franchise and instead are focusing full on Resident Evil.

I doubt we gonna get a Remake of 4 anytime soon though.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Well, they now need to remake 1 again to make it consistent with 2r and 3r gameplay and appearance.

Next gen game.

Simultaneously rerelease 2 and 3 with Ray tracing treatment and sell as the definitive Resident Evil origins fully raytraced trilogy box.

Then hopefully Capcom remembers they have better and more important zombies they should be taking care of and do something with ghosts'n goblins IP.

Edit: oh just saw the rest of the tweets. So it's not REmakeremade. Curious about those 2 IPs they are rebooting..hmmm...

Last edited:
OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TBH, I don't think many people care about the first story or characters. You can pretty much do anything with Dino Crisis story wise. It's the Jurassic Park survival horror concept of Dino Crisis that only needs to be kept.
I think fans of Dino Crisis very much care about Regina. She can't be removed from the franchise.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Whether or not this about a RE4 remake or a new game If you think about how popular Resident Evil 4 was and still is, they are definitely going to remake it eventually. And it will outsell RE2 and 3.

And I can't wait for it. RE4 is in my top 10 games of all time.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wesker Moira was WAAAAAAAAY too important of a plot thread to just drop, so Rev 3 is easy to assume.

But, you never know, Spike Chunsoft set up a new big bad villain in Ultra Despair Girls and
randomly killed her off in the anime, so

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see CAPCOM is not wasting resources remaking bad games like Code Veronica.
Code Veronica is not a bad game and it was full of great ideas and the closest we had to an actual survival *HORROR* experience outside of remakes with actual tense moments that would make it substantially better.

The style, the architecture, the design of this game was all great. Not to mention the stellar music too.

And again, what's the point of remakes if you're ever going to remake the most popular games? The games that actually deserves to be re-explored with a remake and bring to light what was great about them are the ones who should get the spotlight.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think fans of Dino Crisis very much care about Regina. She can't be removed from the franchise.
The vast majority of people who would play a Dino Crisis game today would never have played a game in the series. They wouldn't care one way or the other. That being said, I can see Capcom keep Regina and reimagine her in a reboot as she's the only character iconic to the series.