• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 596 58.1%
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 3

Votes: 82 8.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 remake

Votes: 164 16.0%
  • A second Resident Evil 1 remake

Votes: 87 8.5%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 96 9.4%

• Total voters

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Jawmucher can't type cause their tears keep getting in the way
Sorry for your loss

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
They were developing a Dino Crisis and pulled the plug on it.

Goddamnit.

Damn man it sucks to want shit about dinosaurs. The only thing going on right now is that Jurassic World and I don't care about it at all.

At least Apple is making Walking With Dinosaurs style doc for their streaming service

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I feel so sorry for Jawmuncher.

And for myself because I really want a Dino Crisis as well.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Based on stuff Dusk Golem has said in the past then it's probably not a remake or RE8. Assuming that's the case then the best case scenario would probably be Revelations 3. Worst case scenario is... well we've had a lot of examples of that over the years.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil

giphy.gif

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
4 really doesn't need a remake (at least not for a while anyway), but I do think CV is really the only game right now that actually could do with a remake so it's disappointing to see it's not in the works.

My guess, probably RE8 for sure, the Netflix show, maybe another spinoff like Revelations 3 or a remasters of the Outbreak games.

No Dino Crisis is a bit of a bummer too. There's a lot of potential with that franchise especially with the RE Engine.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Dino Crisis was canceled because RE8 is actually "RE VIII: Dino Crisis," with claw slash marks for the III and dino BOWs

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I want another co-op action RE game, even if it's a spin off. RE5 is incredible and I'd love another game tackle co-op like it did.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Based on stuff Dusk Golem has said in the past then it's probably not a remake or RE8. Assuming that's the case then the best case scenario would probably be Revelations 3. Worst case scenario is... well we've had a lot of examples of that over the years.
I think Revelations 3 is likely, however if it's something different and/or new I still have confidence in this recent Capcom and their RE Engine and their ability to make a great game.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Dusk Golem also very recently said that Capcom did something they never did before with the developement of a Resident Evil game. I'm still trying to understand what he meant by that.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If this is the Dino Crisis project I think it is. We really missed out with it being cancelled, but we did get something everyone has been enjoying in its place (RE2).

Regardless, the fact they're still thinking about it means there's still a chance as the IP seems to be on their mind. Which might be playing into why they're quiet on the series. No reason to remind people if you're trying to reboot.

Last edited:

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
So in January he said isn't not a RE remake of any kind and it won't be RE 8, but there IS a RE game coming , yet today he says that next year is a huge year for RE fans.

It's gotta be REV 3 and/or a Outbreak return. There's not much else in the RE universe that could be considered worthy of being a huge year for RE fans.......

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's still going to be RE8. I think that tweet was a feint. Code Veronica is gonna come at some point after RE3 as it's the last RE game that actually needs some form of HD remake. I could see them doing 4, but that's almost unnecessary considering the leap wouldn't be nearly as big and the current version on current gen consoles is fine.

It would make a shitton of money tho.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
If this is the Dino Crisis project I think it is. We really missed out with it being cancelled, but we did get something everyone has been enjoying in its place.

Regardless, the fact they're still thinking about it means there's still a chance as the IP seems to be on their mind. Which might be playing into why they're quiet on the series. No reason to remind people if you're trying to reboot.

Anything worth sharing? Why did we miss out? I guess it wasn't working out or it would not have been cancelled?

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I read the first line as:
Not content with pleasing fans with remakes of RE2 and RE3, apparently Capcom has even cancelled Dino Crisis forever.

I'm ok with it. Thanks Capcom!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
ForsakenInsignificantBeardeddragon-small.gif

Rest in peace, Regina. You deserved better.

I still don't want to lose hope that one day we'll be seeing her again...

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
If this is the Dino Crisis project I think it is. We really missed out with it being cancelled, but we did get something everyone has been enjoying in its place.

I'm sorry Jawmuncher...

I'm also itching for something new that's Dino Crisis. I can only revisit 1 and 2 so many times (but many DC1 has aged so well).

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I know folks will turn this into a jawmuncher condolence thread but that really is a goddamn shame that they started a DC game and then stopped it. I can't imagine Dino Crisis in RE engine.

Definitely stoked for, presumably, RE8.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So in January he said isn't not a RE remake of any kind and it won't be RE 8, but there IS a RE game coming , yet today he says that next year is a huge year for RE fans.

It's gotta be REV 3 and/or a Outbreak return. There's not much else in the RE universe that could be considered worthy of being a huge year for RE fans.......
I think it could also be a brand new RE spin off game that may please the fanbase.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hmm, 5 is pretty bad with regards to racism.

Also matrix powers Wesker mind-controlling Jill is a low point for the series, even in a mostly solid co-op action game.
True, but it still gave us the most iconic version of Wesker in the series. Plus while I agree that the game did Jill dirty, it's nothing that Jill can't make a comeback from.