• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 596 58.1%
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 3

Votes: 82 8.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 remake

Votes: 164 16.0%
  • A second Resident Evil 1 remake

Votes: 87 8.5%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 96 9.4%

• Total voters

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
I hope I don't offend anybody, but a Resident Evil 4 Remake can only disappoint I feel. That game is like a product of its time and at the same time perfectly playable nowadays. Not sure if a remake will not change that which make that game as great as it is.

Phantom

Writer at Jeux.ca
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
There's 0% chance Capcom ever remakes Code Veronica. First of all, sorry fans but the game sucks. Second, there's more money to be made with RE4-5.

My bet? They're remaking RE4+releasing 8 in 2021.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Good to see CAPCOM is not wasting resources remaking bad games like Code Veronica.

tenor.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
If it's not CV then I guess it's not another Remake which would make me glad. These remakes of old games are getting less special now, and less necessary.

Tho I wouldn't hate to have a RE1 VR remake just cause the mansion is a much better setting than any of the other games

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Probably a new sequel game within the 366 days from RE3's reelase. I wouldn't mind if they pumped the breaks on remakes. If I were on the RE team I would like the opportunity to work on something original for a bit.

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RE8 and the Netflix series I'd assume.

What would be so cool would be a split timeline after RE3 that instead of carrying on to 4, keeps the traditional RE style and basically continues the RE2/RE3 remakes along a new story thread - one that doesn't get so ridiculous. Kind of like RE:4B.

RE8 onwards can be first person building on the existing lore.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
What if it's a remake of the original Gamecube REmake? For some reason, I would be fine with that because it would be in 3-D and even better looking - but if I had to hope - I would hope that it would be a remake of Resident Evil 4.

That Dino Crisis info...Jawmuncher - are you alright??

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Maybe they'll do a Resident Evil Remake Remake before Code Veronica. It would make more sense since Code Veronica is the middle point between the two trilogies.
New players that started the series with the RE2make and RE3make wouldn't be able to resonate with the return of Wesker since they never met him.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What if they make a sequel to the RE3 remake but its a original game and we just pretend everything post 3 didnt happen

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jurassic World 2 was a good case study in why zombies > dinosaurs when it comes to spooky mansions.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
RE8 is a given, my guess is they are also working on another remake of Resident Evil 1 and probably another spinoff in the same style of Revelations 2

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it'll be a RE4 remake AND RE8, thus why it'll be such a "crazy time."

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
not DuskGolem leaking the immersive Resident Evil theme park coming soon to Walt Disney World theme parks across the world!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
What's all the talk about 4? It's a perfect video game already. We're getting 3 now and hopefully 8 announced this year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Found the tweet (it's a thread, click on the link for the rest).

So yeah, it's probably not RE8 or another remake.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An RE4 Remake, thank goodness. Can't wait for it to shut up the delusional naysayers.