• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What will it be?

• Resident Evil 8

Votes: 596 58.1%
  • Resident Evil Revelaitons 3

Votes: 82 8.0%
  • Resident Evil 4 remake

Votes: 164 16.0%
  • A second Resident Evil 1 remake

Votes: 87 8.5%
  • something else entirely

Votes: 96 9.4%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not content with pleasing fans with remakes of RE2 and RE3, apparently Capcom has even more stuff up its sleave regarding Resident Evil, according to our own insider Dusk Golem:

He also says that a Code: Veronica remake is currently not in development.

So what is it going to be, Era? RE8? Revelations 3? RE4 remake? RE1 remake remake?

I'll take a Dino Crisis remake, thankyouverymuch.

EDIT:
Bad news. Apparently a Dino Crisis game was in development a while back, and then was canceled. :(

Last edited:

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I'm going to say RE8 for sure but there must be something on top of that for it to be "crazy". I don't think just one RE game is enough to say that.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
No Code Veronica in development is a fucking bummer. What is the point of remakes if you won't do it for games that have a lot of potential to tap into?

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine it would be Resident Evil 8, but at this point I could actually see Capcom remaking REmake.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Might want a title update. He said "the next year", not "next year", which means that includes this year.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Didn't he say that it'd be a while before we see RE8 or another REmake? If so, I'd say Revelations 3.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Probably gonna be something along the lines of Revelations next year, and then RE8 in 2022.

And yeah, the Netflix show is probably going to be next year as well (did that already get officially confirmed?)

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
It's not just one thing, or he wouldn't deem it "crazy". We've had annual entries since 2017, except for 2018.
So, a new game alone, remake or not, isn't out of the ordinary.
I'm betting it's a combination of game + other form of media (Netflix series, à la Castlevania, maybe).

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I wish they would drop something about the status of Silent Hill, gimmie all the horrors! I voted for RE8

Oct 30, 2017
I think after RE3R Capcom will be done with the remakes ( as it should be because 6th generation RE games are fine ).

It's totally 100% going to be RE8... I just hope it's 3rd person like RE2R and RE3R because it feels more like the right direction for the franchise.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unsure really, but to be honest, after R3make I don't think I want or need anything else from the series. Wasn't a fan of RE7 or anything else they've released since RE4 besides REmake 2, which I'd been clamoring for since they teased the possibility based on the Gamecube entries' success.

Whatever comes next, hopefully it's horror and not anime.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Finally.
What's his face and what's her face to get the remake they deserve.
MV5BNTI1OGE1YzItMTY3ZS00YWMxLWFjZDMtZjhkZmUxNzBhN2QxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjExODE1MDc@._V1_.jpg

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
Part of me thinks RE8, the other part thinks REV3. I could honestly care less about an REV3. Wasn't impressed with REV, and haven't even finished REV2. Found both games extremely blah.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
Remake the modern RE games with the superior gameplay style of fixed cameras and tank controls.

I wish we got a version of RE2 that was closer to the original REmake than whatever the hell 2R was supposed to be.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see CAPCOM is not wasting resources remaking bad games like Code Veronica.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Resident Evil Netflix show finally incoming?

Capcom if you see this post, I wanna be an extra and get my entrails pulled pls, will work for videogame swag.