• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I know its there but for an anime game, most of the female uniforms look pretty, um, sensible.

Need to see more of this game but the part fights large monsters gives me a MH vibe, so maybe they will have some co-op components to it too.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the only kind of game Bandai Namco publishes? Didn't they just release Code Vein?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
If it's exclusvie, that's a good get for MS.

Excited to see more regardless.

GurrenSwagann

Sep 20, 2018
Genuinely thought it was a Code Vein sequel at first, which gave me major red flags because I didn't enjoy Code Vein at all. Glad to see it's a hack and slash though lol

Oct 25, 2017
Astral chain wasn't the first anime...action game we know this right? If anything at first glance it looked like bandai's own code vein or god eater

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Spotted by renka: https://twitter.com/Renka_schedule/status/1258513354542346241

www.youtube.com

Scarlet Nexus - Announcement Trailer

In a far distant future, humanity’s last hope falls into the hands of an elite group of psionic soldiers, who battle an invincible threat known as Others. Un...

UOZKvOy.png

Also looks like this is the Japanese website link, not yet live: https://snx.bn-ent.net/

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Looks solid, good for Phil Spencer to finally get something from Japanese devs in terms of exclusives; it was non-existent for Xbox One

shade

Oct 27, 2017
its actually only listed for xbox thought there was no way this isn't on playstation/pc as well
Probably because it hasn't been announced on any other platform yet.
I don't see why it'd be a Xbox Play Anywhere otherwise. So, I expect it to be at least released on W10.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wish this wasn't anime. I like everything else about it.

www.youtube.com

In a far distant future, humanity’s last hope falls into the hands of an elite group of psionic soldiers, who battle an invincible threat known as Others. Un...

UOZKvOy.png

Also looks like this is the Japanese website link, not yet live: https://snx.bn-ent.net/
No PS5?

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

UOZKvOy.png

There it is then but again no ps5 version same as Yakuza. With Yakuza it kinda made sense due to no official ps5 reveal yet but no ps5 in the website code here next to other not yet officially announced platforms is interesting.

Really makes me wonder about Sony's backwards compatibility and cross gen approach. Same thing as smart delivery just without some fancy name maybe. Or crossgen games on ps4 will have a new box art design that lists them as ps4/ps5 and thats why there are no ps5 listings

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I just got home from work, why does thid simultaneously remind me of both astral chain and god eater 3, I mean I know why god eater 3, but cant help with the AS comparison, also is this game suppose to show off how powerful the series x is or...?

SmokedSalmon

Apr 1, 2019

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
So I just got home from work, why does thid simultaneously remind me of both astral chain and god eater 3, I mean I know why god eater 3, but cant help with the AS comparison, also is this game suppose to show off how powerful the series x is or...?

No, it's suppose to show that Xbox has Japanese games now.

There were other games that are hyper realistic for that purpose.

BradGrenz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There it is then but again no ps5 version same as Yakuza. With Yakuza it kinda made sense due to no official ps5 reveal yet but no ps5 in the website code here next to other not yet officially announced platforms is interesting.

It could be Sony's plan is just to do cross-gen via enhancement patches rather than having to print unique SKUs for PS4 and PS5.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great! Thanks for posting.

No probs.

And yah, everyone worried about it not coming to PS5/PC, I think it's pretty safe to guess that Scarlet Nexus---as well as the other titles today that were only confirmed for Xbox Series X (Bright Memory: Infinite, Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, and Yakuza: Like a Dragon)---are all likely coming to PS5, but you won't hear about that until the media train for PS5 starts rolling. And I'm guessing this is for either one of two reasons: 1) Because of hardware marketing deals / conditions for appearing on Inside Xbox. 2) Because it allows a game to get twice the exposure.

For Scarlet Nexus, specifically, there's also a couple weird factors in that: 1) Bandai Namco didn't send out a press release or update its press site with anything related to the game. 2) No mention of the game for Japan yet (they generally put out the Japanese trailer at the same time).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks appropriately flashy as long as the characters aren't super annoying and the fanservice isn't too wild I'll try to grab it.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
Not just Astral Chain vibes, this IS Astral Chain but significantly less interesting

Deleted member 26746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Cyberclops

Mar 15, 2019
Looks pretty interesting. Astral Chain was a pretty disappointing game in the end so finger crossed Bandai put out something fun.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Confirmed for PS5 and PS4.
www.youtube.com

PS4, PS5, XB1, Xbox Series X, PC, | SCARLET NEXUS

“The Others” have arrived to ravage humankind, and it takes superhumans with extraordinary powers to save them. Get ready to wage battle in a dystopian world...
bandainamcoent.asia

Bandai Namco Entertainment America – More fun for everyone!

YOUR GAMING WORLD. GET CONNECTED. Visit our web site to learn the latest news about your favorite games. Tekken, Dark Souls, Dragonball, Naruto, Pac-Man and much more. Sign Up today and join the next generation of entertainment.
https://snx.bn-ent.net/ The website got updated :
Annotation_2020-05-08_161716.png

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
www.youtube.com

“The Others” have arrived to ravage humankind, and it takes superhumans with extraordinary powers to save them. Get ready to wage battle in a dystopian world...
bandainamcoent.asia

YOUR GAMING WORLD. GET CONNECTED. Visit our web site to learn the latest news about your favorite games. Tekken, Dark Souls, Dragonball, Naruto, Pac-Man and much more. Sign Up today and join the next generation of entertainment.
Confirmed for PS5 and PS4
Bamco was never going to send a japanese IP to die by making it Xbox exclusive, c'mon.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Confirmed for PS5 and PS4.
www.youtube.com

bandainamcoent.asia

https://snx.bn-ent.net/ The website got updated :
Annotation_2020-05-08_161716.png
Of course.

The website's placeholder platforms was obviously rushed.

This wasn't going to be exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.