• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Looking good, my kind of racer (Rally with a push towards the arcade side of things).

Off-topic: I used to own DiRT 2 on PC but lost access to it due to the digital distribution company shutting down/losing access to the original email account I used for it. Is there anywhere online I can purchase this game? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Must be a licensing thing?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

This is great. As someone who over-reacted and screamed into the night sky 'NOOO WHERE'S DIRT RALLY 3.0' when news of Dirt 5 started circulating this makes me really happy. Dirt Rally 2.0 was one of my favourite games of last year but I'm hyped beyond hell for Dirt 5 now too. Two teams, sharing knowledge but individually making their own game. Similar to the Forza teams I guess.

Buzzing!

TechBoss

Technical Director @ Codemasters Cheshire
Verified
May 7, 2020
This is great. As someone who over-reacted and screamed into the night sky 'NOOO WHERE'S DIRT RALLY 3.0' when news of Dirt 5 started circulating this makes me really happy. Dirt Rally 2.0 was one of my favourite games of last year but I'm hyped beyond hell for Dirt 5 now too. Two teams, sharing knowledge but individually making their own game. Similar to the Forza teams I guess.

Buzzing!

Makes me so happy to read that! Thank you :)

Kellemann75

Chicken Chaser
Nov 19, 2019
To bad there wont be any VR support. Even if its more arcade game it would be a blast in VR.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

Buzzing!

I prefer DR as well but I hope they find success in this 2 game business model. I'll be keeping an eye on D5, maybe I'll pick it up.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So how arcadey is this going to be? Like Motorstorm, or only partly like Project Gotham Racing?

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Can they just rip off the career mode and handling from Rallisport 2? Cheers.

Hopefully this'll turn out to be RSC3. Suits me fine.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I enjoyed Dirt 4. Fun arcade racing. Bizarre choice to remove rallying from Dirt 5 though, completely killed my interest.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
I was pretty sure they said it'll have rally. It'll just have way more to fit the Dirt name. I'm not sure where you're seeing they removed rally racing.

I read it somewhere this week. I'd be delighted to be wrong.

No traditional rally listed here in the game modes:

DIRT 5 – The Official Game Site

The official website of DIRT 5 – the Codemasters off-road racing video game launching in October 2020 on Xbox, PlayStation and PC.

Last edited: