• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

DIRT 5 writes a new chapter in the legacy of DiRT – bolder and braver than ever before. Travel the globe, tame the most incredible off-road machines with your friends, and be part of a vibe that delivers big on epic action, pure expression, and unbridled style. Get your first taste of DIRT 5 in our announce trailer, all captured in-game, showcasing wheel-to-wheel action, stunning environments and a brand new take on amplified racing.

Last edited:

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Day 1. I would usually be mad at how arcade the franchise has become but I'm so glad they've split it into the Rally (sim) and numbered (arcade) games. Everyone wins this way. Looked amazing!

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Dirt main series is going in an even more arcadey direction. I'm all for it!

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I like more the sim style of Dirt Rally

But I'm ALL IN for a Dirt 2/3 style game. So count me in day one.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Day One. I love the fun arcade Dirt games and this looks like a return to form after Dirt 4 being kinda serious and bland.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a good gaming PC. I use a Mac laptop. Cheaper for me to get a new console at this point - especially because I have a nice projector 7.1 system rigged up.
I meant the part of getting both consoles. This will come out in both. If Dirt is the draw, you can get just one, don't worry

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering when they'd bring Evolution Studios amazing tech into the Dirt/Grid series. This finally looks like a nice upgrade to the EGO engine.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah this is definitely looks like it has the direction of Evo Studios (now Codemasters Evo), im pretty confident it is them making this one just from visual style alone, cautiously optimistic! :D

StarErik

Oct 27, 2017
Damn it, the Akira Yamaoka music got me almost thinking that was Silent Hill. :( The Medium looks cool, though.

Edit: Sorry, thought this was a general Inside Xbox thread. Please delete.

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Dirt and AC were my highlights of the presentation. The graphics were good and this at 4K60 or with 120FPS will be something else. Amazing trailer and excited to play it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Some details from here:

Dive into the ambitious Career mode, which lets you choose your path to glory as you progress through an immersive journey. The narrative features a voice cast led by the legendary Troy Baker and Nolan North, partnered by the car culture heroes at Donut Media and more famous names from the automotive world. Make your unique mark and overcome all obstacles to ensure nobody ever forgets your name.

Play together in Career and offline modes with split-screen for up to four players, making DIRT 5 the ultimate playground for you to throw down, trade paint and get really sideways with your friends, either online or on the couch.
Travel the world to conquer over 70 routes from locations spanning the entire globe, that turn real landmarks into racetracks – from the frozen East River in New York, to the marble mines of Italy, to the Favelas of Brazil. Defy dynamic weather conditions, intimidating terrain and unpredictable elements in eight different race types, covering gravel, snow, mud, ice and more surfaces in between.
Launching on the new generation of consoles, as well as current-gen, DIRT 5 makes use of the groundbreaking technology coming to console gaming. With Xbox Series X, experience heightened graphical fidelity in a hyperreal world, optimised performance no matter the mode, and unparalleled load-times for constant action.

Coming to Steam, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Stadia. Steam / One / PS4 launch in October, PS5 / Series X presumably at launch and Stadia in 2021.

Screenshots
New_York_1W.jpg

China_3W.jpg

Norway_4W.jpg
Norway_3W.jpg

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
looked like a lot of fun! surprised they went with the dirt name though, as this looked far more over the top and "fantasy" driven, where the dirt series has always been a some what arcadey take of various rally motorsports.