• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Introducing the Series S makes no sense at all until the Series X and PS5 prices are both announced. Imagine how the presentation would go without that important context: "Not only do we have this incredibly powerful console, we also have a weaker one! We can't tell you anything about why that might be a good thing, so stay tuned."

Oct 27, 2017
Showing a game would be a great way to discuss what the specifications mean for gamers...

Hard for me to imagine they are bringing Ronald on just to say 'oh yeah it's 12TF and you can fast resume like we already showed you and podcasted and blog posted." Since they have ruled out new Series X info, I'm thinking there will be something interesting: either Series S, a next gen game reveal, or some ecosystem/service feature that isn't technically a Series X feature but which requires next gen horsepower to work.
Inside Xbox also acts as a more non hardcore platform than digital foundry. So expect the same stuff but dumber down

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
I am scratching my head now.

I listed three different possibilities, one of which is a game, and said I thought a game was the least likely of those three. And of course it could be nothing.

It was in an edit, nbd.

Inside Xbox also acts as a more non hardcore platform than digital foundry. So expect the same stuff but dumber down

Yeah could be, but what is the demographic of people watching Inside Xbox who aren't aware of the general next gen news from this month? Idk. But you might be right, I think that would be a bit of a marketing fail from them if so to not keep the momentum going and just rehash some thing that are already known.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Grounded, Minecraft Dunegons, Wasteland 3, Gears Tactics and Microsoft Flight Simulator should all be before Tell Me Why.
Thank you. lol.
-------------------------------------------------
I'm just excited to learn more about the games that they have announced, one of which is Sea of Thieves and being an insider, it's going to be a great update. Looking forward to seeing more of the other games, and GamePass announcements are always welcome.

bossmonkey

Avenger
Nov 9, 2017
Doom Eternal was listed as Gamepass this morning, i know that's super wishful thinking but a man can dream.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I will keep my expectations in check, if only because I expect the digital E3 to be big, especially for partners. Interestingly, with Sony now in the same boat as everyone else, I wonder where partnerships and stuff end up going this time. Regardless, I won't expect too much unannounced hardware stuff. (But maybe... a new feature here or there could be hoped for?)

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
This is a nice surprise. I like the way xbox are delivering news this year, never too long a gap in between new bits.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Phil Spenser say in one of his recent interviews that they have so many unannounced games at this point that they have to announce at least new one per new show/conference they do? Or something like that...

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Didn't Phil Spenser say in one of his recent interviews that they have so many unannounced games at this point that they have to announce at least new one per new show/conference they do? Or something like that...

He most likely meant big shows like E3, Gamescom, X0, Game Awards, but we never know.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some release dates for the Final Fantasy games coming to Game Pass would be great!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doubting we are getting Lockhart. At least not this year. Series X is powerful, but beyond its core parts like the APU, Ram, and SSD. There has been a bit of I won't say cost cutting, but cost avoidance. The controller is a basically a carryover. There is no optical port, hdmi in port, or ir port.

At some point the optical port was there, but it was cutout for cost as Phil said in the ign interview. So I'm thinking they are looking for maximum price flexibility all the way down to $399 if needed. Negating the need for a Lockhart.
XSX-1.jpg
Removing an optical port ain't bringing a Series X down to $399.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
I think tomorrow might be a good time to announce another Xbox Publishing exclusive. Money on that

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please don't big this up people.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
User Banned (1 day): Platform warring
Ah yes, the program that proves to be the ass-end of the Direct pantheon.

It pretty much goes Nintendo Direct > State of Play > Inside Xbox, we all agree there, right?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I'm doubting we are getting Lockhart. At least not this year. Series X is powerful, but beyond its core parts like the APU, Ram, and SSD. There has been a bit of I won't say cost cutting, but cost avoidance. The controller is a basically a carryover. There is no optical port, hdmi in port, or ir port.

At some point the optical port was there, but it was cutout for cost as Phil said in the ign interview. So I'm thinking they are looking for maximum price flexibility all the way down to $399 if needed. Negating the need for a Lockhart.
XSX-1.jpg

That's a fair point. Besides early adopters will probably jump straight to the Series X leaving the S to sit on shelves, much like the Core edition 360 was passed over for the $400 proper model, and the 20GB PS3 was overlooked by the 60GB $600 model.

That said, there is a big thing they could cut from the X's design for the S - the physical disc drive.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Looking forward to the Sea of Thieves information. Also interested in Grounded.

Will be watching for sure. It's a nice distraction from all the horrible things in the world.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons release date

We already have this, May 26th.

Looking forward to the Sea of Thieves information. Also interested in Grounded.

Will be watching for sure. It's a nice distraction from all the horrible things in the world.

I'm expecting dates for both games. Steam release for SoT, could be shadow dropped, who knows and the Game Preview launch date for Grounded. I could see Grounded launching into Game Preview in the next week or so.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Xbox has been killing it with how they've been communicating with us. I'm really excited to see more Grounded. I hope we get a release date.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Please don't big this up people.

You know this is gonna happen. I'll be happy if we see a trailer for the new Sea of Thieves content update. More information on Grounded (which I really wish they put a bigger team on, as I really like what they've got going so far. (Sorry RPG fans)) and some Game pass additions would be a good show for me. Everything else is a plus.