• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
People we knew all the games were current gen titles beforehand. This was a stream to highlight mostly AA games coming. Not a next gen visual showcase. It will take a while before we get to see tiltes with game design built around next gen hardware.

What is this revisionist bull? Nobody knew the games at all beforehand.

This was a stream titled get a look at first next gen gameplay on xbox series x

Not get a look at crossgen titles that are also coming to series x

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Also, one last thing before resuming my day... I think they promised next-gen gameplay, but what we got was truly current-gen gameplay with better framerates and resolutions - UHD remasters.

They should really try to tease a true next-gen experience. No offense to any developpers attached to the projects shown, they were really well done, but I think we saw something more akin to current gen with some next-gen FX features, which I guess was to be expected for cross-gen games.

I just think you should not really feature current gen games on a next-gen showcase, it makes the whole transition for gamers not as impressive. Especially, for a "first impression"

Oct 29, 2017
what I'm getting from a lot of these posts are MS messed up by showing anything at all. Should of shut it down till July I guess . Interesting

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It was not bad. Medium was great. I hope we see more graphically advanced games soon in the next inside xbox 👌👍

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
This mostly made me yearn for their first party showing. Curious to see what playstation is doing for their event.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
the artist in me enjoyed it as there was a good variety (mostly cg tho) quick pacing, corny figure heads kept to a minimum. the action fps at the start looked cool (for a visual target) call of the sea, the top down cyberpunk, and medium looked hype. agree that was a mistake to not have a title showing the power of next-gen though.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
User Banned (2 weeks): Ableism, prior serious infractions for inappropiate jokes
Whats with all the autistic short bursts of "gameplay"? It's very hard to get excited for the games, when you cant really see what theyre about.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
Jesus Christ the dislikes. What is wrong with the internet these days. Do ppl hate everything?

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
I mean only next gen games you are gonna get during the launch windows are first party and with MS I am not sure even about that considering how much they have talked about cross gen. Looking back was there any this gen exclusive third party game even in 2014? Can't really remember. 2015 was when current gen exclusive games started to come out so with PS5/Xbox Series X that would be 2022.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Oh wow haha, they botched it.
d9db045f6fff7cd92968fb8679dbdfdc.png

romey

Mar 2, 2020
I'm in the boat of not knowing this was taking place today. My mind hasn't really been on gaming with all that's been going on in the world as of late. The show seemed rather underwhelming though.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Asn an Inside Xbox it was really good, but let's be honest it was hyped a lot as the first NEXT GEN showcase and in that regard it did not deliver. I feel like I could play better looking games on the Xbox X right now than what was shown...

It was not hyped a lot though. People hyped themselves up, only to be invariably disappointed. Never change ERA :)

Deleted member 20297

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well then your oblivious to general industry chatter here and by commentators, also this isn't the complete showing, what makes you think that it is? No first part game and you think that's the intro? Don't be so daft.
I think we should also consider the current situation. For shows love e3 devs often created content sand gameplay specifically for these shows and events and currently they are working hard to get a game even ready for release so there is hardly any time left to create content and gameplay specifically on top of the current workload.

Joo

May 25, 2018
AC Unity looked considerably better than AC Black Flag graphically, similarly I'm guessing the eventual next gen exclusive AC is going to be the one to really show us the sort of graphical fidelity next gen can offer.
Yep. While it's definitely not the best game, Unity is still the most impressive looking AC overall imo. The animations just are a big step down after that.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
At least the space flight combat game looked cool...

A bunch of devs were talking about no load times... but no gameplay to show that being the case. Even sony's handheld cam spiderman demo was more impressive.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
By the way, the biggest problem by far was the terrible bitrate their video had.

I really hope we get a direct feed downloads of the trailers, because it made all of them look worse than I'm sure they look on the video file.

Video Kojima

Banned
Apr 5, 2020
Just like the start of every gen, the games shown are cross gen and not built to max out the hardware. That takes time. I guess I've been following games long enough to know that 3rd party games shown before the release of a console is never going to look much better than current gen. Theyre probably running on beta dev kits using current gen engines.
PS2/Xbox 1 era wasn't like this.
The leap was INSANE. Same with the PS2 -> PS3 generation. It was only this past PS3- PS4 generation that was really like that since. This looks even worse.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I had realistic expectations and enjoyed what they reveal in the show. More to come and I just wish Sony get up their ass and announce a date or something.

MrGiraffe

Feb 27, 2020
Near-zero gameplay, too.

What is this revisionist bull? Nobody knew the games at all beforehand.

This was a stream titled get a look at first next gen gameplay on xbox series x

Not get a look at crossgen titles that are also coming to series x

Yeah, kind of amazing how quickly people are trying to retroactively adjust expectations.

It's ok to be disappointed at this particular thing and still be hyped about the future, there's plenty more coming.

DreamSurf

Banned
May 27, 2018
There weren't any megaton new footage/reveals (people had been speculating stuff like Elden Ring, Starfield, Batman, etc) = disappointment

Xbox misrepresenting how much gameplay would be shown = disappointment

Basically all crossgen games that don't look like a vast improvement over what we already have = disappointment

It's understandable why this thread is reacting the way it is
And people are claiming to not understand why people think the show was bad.

I think we need to realize that expectations are a huge thing on Era and it leads to Hella rage in these situations. Thankfully Shinobi was able to contain the excitement a bit because I feel this would be worse if most people were going full steam into today.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I guess next generation is still in the oven.

YUPPP

This was the story last gen too. Cross Gen period lingers for a damn while guys

Im sure both Sony and MS's First part stuff will be the most impressive out of the gate initially but I would still lower expectations until we are a couple years into a new generation and just enjoy the QOL and bells and whistles that we kind of desperately need from these hardware upgrades

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Bright Memory looked cool as fuck but that was about it. This is the kind of stuff you throw into a sizzle real or intersitialed in between the big hitters, not a main event in and of itself. MS made a mistake with this one.

when we are starved for next-gen info, you don't come out with the B-team. It would be much better received after the First party reveals.