• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
It's yawn-fest alright. Nothing shown is hyping up the Xbox Series X tbh. It looks like you're watching a Youtube playlist of upcoming game trailers.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Games Shown:
  1. Bright Memory Infinite - Gameplay Segment
  2. DIRT 5 - Gameplay Trailer
  3. Scorn - In Engine representation, GamePass Launch
  4. CHORVS - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  5. Madden 21 - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  6. Vampire Bloodlines 2 - Gameplay Trailer, Smart Delivery?
  7. Call of the Sea - Gameplay Trailer
  8. The Ascent - Gameplay trailer
  9. The Medium - GamePass, Gameplay and Engine. Silent Hill Composer, Bloober Team. Fucking Awesome
  10. Scarlet Nexus - Gameplay Trailer
  11. Second Extinction - Smart Delivery, Gameplay
  12. Yakuza Like a Dragon - Smart Delivery, Launch Window
  13. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - Smart Delivery, In-Engine Trailer

Thanks for cataloging this.

Scorn and The Medium launching into GamePass is awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
"temper your expectations" was really on point, this must be the most disappointing next gen showcase I've ever seen. Remember when they used to show stuff that was impossible for our current gen machines to even dream of running? Those times sure are gone.

And what's up with the limp alien looking dick leaking white goo in that trailer, it wasn't even subtle, it was just there.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I came in expecting a handful of third party games & Valhalla footage, and I got literally exactly that.

Anybody extremely disappointed in this thing either hyped themselves up with unreasonable expectations, or were never going to be pleased with it anyways.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
120HZ for Dirt is the best thing i've heard thus far
Game should be optimized well on PC

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Lol why do people always hype themselves up for Inside Xbox. You would think people would know what to expect at this point, especially knowing that it's only 3rd party/multiplatform games.

It's not like it's E3...

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Almost all of these games would have been in a 90 second reel at E3 and were dragged out to 30 minutes. This didn't show off next gen at all.

Oct 27, 2017
*world premiere comment*

i feel like as a people starved for human interaction, yet another logo-filled conference conference of corporate buzzwords was particularly unwelcome

"hi i'm live from my living room, i'm just like you! (also microsoft is forcing me to say Xbox Series X© every time)"

Oct 25, 2017
MS: We're going to show some third party cross gen games
MS: *shows third party cross gen games*
Era: LOSING MY SHIT WHERE IS NEXT GEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT I AM LITERALLY VOMITING ALL OVER MYSELF oh wow Yakuza!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A lot of these games wouldn't look special by current gen standards. This preso was a huge wet fart for selling the XSX.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I don't know if bigger games are doing their own events, or if everything major is just being delayed and doesn't want to show yet, but that felt like a parade of B games plus a non-gameplay "in-game" AC trailer. All of it shown as just sort of concept trailers.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Recognised Yamaoka's signature sound as soon as the Medium started playing, lol.
ha, so i wasnt the only one. recognized it almost immediately and when the guitars kicked in i was 100% sure. such a mindfuck when the game itself looked more and more like Silent Hill too.

overall a very meh show, especially watching a low-res stream (come on youtube ffs bring back HD already!).

didnt see anything more impressive than some of the recent current-gen games.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
They didn't even get the tone right at all. You are showing your next-gen machine "gameplays" for the first time and you start with a guy screaming to a cam in his virtual kitchen with a lame fridge Xbox-X joke.

These guys continue to not know how to communicate the message.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're talking about Medium now, sounds promising even if I'm not that big a horror fan.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, even next-gen games won't look that different in trailers like this. The bigger difference are the CPU/SSD, which are gamechanging but it's normally not what these trailers showcase. Heck, just compare Red Dead Redemption 2 to a lot of these games. Last-gen games that look absolutely beautiful and that got released on PC with 4k graphics. You really won't see better visuals than RDR2 for a little while, it's about teamsize/asset quality more than what GPU is inside the box. A better GPU is not gonna give you better modellers/texture artists.
you may be right. I'm going to have faith that Guerilla will show a mind blowing Horizon 2 trailer whenever sony gets around to talking more PS5 games. really disappointed to still have not seen anything that screams $500 new machine yet.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

Joo

May 25, 2018
They're too busy slurping Sony
This basically was a Sony show just as much as MS and would've been just as underwhelming if Sony was the one doing it. People are just waiting for Sony's first party as those will not be crossgen games. There will absolutely be some much more next-gen looking games coming.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Some of the stuff looked very pretty, maybe even amazing, but there was not much to actually hook me. Felt too abstract and unfocused with mostly concept trailers.

Surface

Nov 6, 2017
Holding on to:

Anything after Gen 7 is diminishing returns to me. A killzone 2 or gears of war gameplay video might as well be thrown in there

Everyone has right to their opinions :)

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Dumb question, but is this next gen gaming?

EDIT: Yes.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
This event was a massive disappointment, and has honestly left me wary over the series x living up to its potential.

Really wish they would have at least had one first party showstopper to show off the potential of the console.

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Streaming compression really impacted this and my god MS get your presenters good headsets.

The pubs of these games must be so happy to get the free marketing push from MS but nothing I saw today made me interested in next gen.

I fully expect cross gen for third parties, I don't need to be reminded how ok the first few years of a console is.

To me that first impression is so important so why don't you show off your first party to set the bar? It wasn't TV, TV, TV but wasn't the best step forward...

ps3ud0 8)