• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Who the hell gives a crap about the voice actors in a racing game?

Nice to have a 120FPS mode confirmed.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Am I the only one who thinks that CGI trailers have become somehow redundant in this day and age? I think they negatively affect our expectations nowadays, and tend to disappoint gamers more than surprise them.

I do think they are stunning, but I feel like they are doing more harm than good now.

JCLShay

Apr 4, 2020
I know it's immediate reactions but MAN, for the purpose this event was suppose to achieve, it failed pretty tremendously.

This showcase was something you put on when you're a year or so into your new console cycle... not as the reveal of games running on your NEW console. I'm just baffled right now that anyone thought this was a good move. Plus, one of the highlights is going to be available on Xbox 1 X and PC :-|

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A few games looked very promising, but overall, this event dampened my interest in next gen a fair bit. Hopefully Sony delivers the goods at their showing.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I honestly liked everything shown. It was all awesome to me.

The only thing that left a sour note was the Assassin's Creed trailer.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They should have just skipped this event. Why even have it for this lineup and with no gameplay to boot. Like what was the point of scorn or chorvs? "In-engine" footage of nothing.

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
66-Mattrick.jpg

BumblebeeCody

Oct 28, 2017
My days. This looks like I've accidentally entered the wrong code on Zoom and stumbled into a meeting with a CEO with the employees. What is this?

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
Gameplay is the specific way in which players interact with a game, and in particular with video games. Gameplay is the pattern defined through the game rules, connection between player and the game, challenges and overcoming them, plot and player's connection with it. Video game gameplay is distinct from graphics and audio elements.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
Games Shown:
  1. Bright Memory Infinite - Gameplay Segment
  2. DIRT 5 - Gameplay Trailer
  3. Scorn - In Engine representation, GamePass Launch
  4. CHORVS - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  5. Madden 21 - Smart Delivery, In-Engine
  6. Vampire Bloodlines 2 - Gameplay Trailer, Smart Delivery?
  7. Call of the Sea - Gameplay Trailer
  8. The Ascent - Gameplay trailer
  9. The Medium - GamePass, Gameplay and Engine. Silent Hill Composer, Bloober Team. Fucking Awesome
  10. Scarlet Nexus - Gameplay Trailer
  11. Second Extinction - Smart Delivery, Gameplay
  12. Yakuza Like a Dragon - Smart Delivery, Launch Window
  13. Assassin's Creed: Valhalla - Smart Delivery, In-Engine Trailer

I am not sure what some people on here were expecting.

You got genre diversity. You got games from Europe and Japan. You got Yakuza...

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I was excited about all these new IP. This is one thing I've been missing this generation. Also, it seems that many people have forgotten that news this year will be spread out over the whole summer. Big publishers especially won't be in the Xbox/PS shows as much.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
MS: We're going to show some third party cross gen games
MS: *shows third party cross gen games*
Era: LOSING MY SHIT WHERE IS NEXT GEN WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BULLSHIT I AM LITERALLY VOMITING ALL OVER MYSELF oh wow Yakuza!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Third party cross gen games can be a little more exciting than a bunch of AA games that don't even look good for the current gen.

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah I don't know. I thought this was decent. Some interesting trailers and games. We knew it was third-party. These are mainly launch titles. Which there seems to be a ton of. I thought this was good. Liked seeing new games and definitely excited by a couple of these.

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
For all the smart / expensive marketing people that Microsoft has, it's baffling to me that they feel the "inside XBox" format is the best option. Nintendo Direct and even PS State of Play are so much better imo. You don't need 6 hosts to present game trailers.

Vaizard

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Some pretty interesting games were shown so I am quite happy about that. Too little was shown to really give me a good idea how things that we saw today are not possible on the Xbox One X, which is something I was really hoping for. Just heard that they are offering 120fps mode for Dirt (not a game I am interested in), but things like that might become more prominent.

More interesting tidbits are coming now during the talks with the developers so that is something that interests me more than what was shown before.

ODDI

Oct 27, 2017
Wished folks stuck around for these devs interviews instead we get 'tHIs lOoks CuRrenT Gen" and leave

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they thought this was a good idea just don't show anything and at least keep people still hyped for the possibility of what it looks like

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User banned (3 days): Platform wars.
You just compared third party cross-gen games to Sony first party.

At least wait to make this statement when they show off their first party titles :/

No, I'm saying that this is what third parties will do, so you need to sell next-gen hardware with next-gen games, which Microsoft has announced they're not doing for at least a year.

Guaranteed: When Microsoft shows its cross-gen enhanced games, we'll say, "Oh, wow, looks nice." When Sony shows theirs (I'm thinking Horizon 2 in particular), our eyeballs will melt.