• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
twitter.com

Phil Spencer on Twitter

“Excited for the kickstart of Xbox 20/20 tomorrow with Inside Xbox. Especially love that all games have never been seen in an Xbox show before. New games for a new generation, studios large and small. Lots more thru the summer #Xbox2020”

twitter.com

Phil Spencer on Twitter

“OK, ok, yes AC has been on our stage before but not this one! And maybe one other game has been on our stage before but a lot of new games showing up which I find cool.”

None of this sounds like 'existing games, just uprezzed'. Spencer makes it clear that all but one game are brand new.
"Brand new" as in "never seen on an Xbox stage before".

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1257696828390166528?s=20

Seeing Aarron Greenberg saying it'll be similar in style to other Inside Xbox is pretty underwhelming to be honest. That's not the way I was anticipating the reveal of the first next gen games. Inside Xbox tend to have a very slow pace, and knowing this one is ~40minutes / under an hour with all the blathering they tend to have I have lowered my expectation on what to expect from this show...
True it will probably on show 3-4 games.

Then again, XB is having a show a month now until the launch day. So we will have these moments frequently.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
Going up early as I'm about to head off to bed, prolly wake up around the time it starts

t1588863600z4.png

0HwJMbh.png

Damn, not what i want to see in very first reply on this thread lol. shinobi knows everything so hype down.

tumblr_psvgf97T1U1rr6091o3_500.gifv

pleeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeee

Nah, won't be there. We have to wait for IGN's Summer of Gaming event (starting next month). While not confirmed, first game that shows on their teaser is Elden Ring...

twitter.com

IGN on Twitter

“IGN’s Summer of Gaming starts this June, featuring news and impressions from the latest games coming from Xbox, EA, CD Projekt Red, Square Enix, and more. Summer’s nearly here: https://t.co/O66CySJsdA https://t.co/pdTxHJm2nt”

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really care if they sit down and play 3 straight minutes of a game or show an in-game cutscene spliced with snippets of gameplay. I'm just curious to see what the games look like on XSX. If it's a game that I've never seen before I'm interested in how it looks compared to current gen games. If it's an updated/cross-gen game that I have seen before I want to see how it compares to the current gen version. There's so much stuff to be shown between now and when the consoles release so I'm not tripping. As has been said whenever one of these companies show something "Who cares who shows what and when? By launch we'll have seen everything". I've said that myself before and I'm keeping the same energy.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
This next-gen reveal seems so dragged out. I preferred it when we got most of the info at once with some game footage at the same time or soon after vs. 1,5 years of drip-feeding info and taking, like, every piece of the hardware & software info and making those into separate announcements separated by months, even dividing the first look at the games into a separate 3rd party & 1st party events. -_-

that's because of COVID...pretty sure we were originally just going to get a big blowout in June

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I think it's 100% at launch.
Pretty much. Didn't they say there won't be series x exclusives for a year or 2? Therefore all the games shown today will be primary still for current gen with next gen improvements, but not developed for next gen from the ground

takriel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Come on Microsoft, this is the first official showcase of next gen. Build the hype. Don't butcher it.

Azurik

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Does that mean even 3rd parties can't make Series X exclusives?
The statement leaves room for interpretation as to if they only meant their 1st party output, or if they also require 3rd parties to develop their games for current gen, but are obviously allowed to scale up for series x, or if 3rd party studios are allowed to develop exclusives from the start. Like Battlefield 6 for example, is Ps5 and series x only for 2021 if I remember the last news correctly

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I don't really care if they sit down and play 3 straight minutes of a game or show an in-game cutscene spliced with snippets of gameplay. I'm just curious to see what the games look like on XSX.

Pretty much.

Hopefully when they said we should have low expectations they meant in terms of megatons and huge reveals, but right now I don't really care to see those, I just want something great looking.

Though I know most/all games will just be 'optimized for series x'

Thicc Enigma

Alt-Account
Banned
Apr 18, 2020
This whole "KEEP YOUR EXPECTATIONS IN CHECK" thing seems cynical to me.

I mean, we're getting Xbox Series X VIKING gameplay!
If it's just that and a 4k remaster of Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts, I think I would get my May-fill of an Xbox Series X news!

If only that were true 😢 (it won't be gameplay)

Glimpse_Dog

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
- AC Valhalla
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Elden Ring (probably not but a man can dream)
- Fifa and Madden
- Lord of the Rings: Gollum
- Crysis Remastered
- Ports/Optimized versions of games already released
- 1 big cool surpise announcement (Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect HD Remake or something similar)

This is my 'low expectations' predictions.

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
I don't understand what you are trying to say. What do you see to suggest AT ALL that we will see gameplay demos?

twitter.com

Aaron Greenberg 🙅🏼‍♂️❎ on Twitter

“If helpful the Thursday IX will have Xbox Series X gameplay from some of our partners. Note many of our biggest partners are working on summer timelines, so this is the start of these monthly reveals. Expect a variety of unique games with some new 3rd party IP as well this month...

Axel Stone

Jan 10, 2020
Anyway, the negativity in this thread is depressing as hell, I'm sticking it on ignore so I can continue to look forward to our first proper look at what next gen can do.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
- AC Valhalla
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Elden Ring (probably not but a man can dream)
- Fifa and Madden
- Lord of the Rings: Gollum
- Crysis Remastered
- Ports/Optimized versions of games already released
- 1 big cool surpise announcement (Resident Evil 8, Mass Effect HD Remake or something similar)

This is my 'low expectations' predictions.

I was feeling the hype until yesterday. I feel like this list itself is too big to be true. LOTR and ACV and one other cool Japanese dev title ( i predict Yakuza) will be the highlights

nguyensyquan

Feb 14, 2020
Anyway, the negativity in this thread is depressing as hell, I'm sticking it on ignore so I can continue to look forward to our first proper look at what next gen can do.

"Proper" you say? One Assassin's Creed Valhalla 1 minutes gameplay teaser and 20 "next-gen" indie trailers sure are very proper. The moment I realized Elden Ring will not be there, the fraction of hype in my mind has gone, the only game that has the highest probability of showing up is not going to show up, so games like Harry Porter RPG, Starfield, New Batman,,,,, also have ZERO chance.

I've never thought Assassin's Creed Valhalla will be the one and only star of this promising event, but reality is often disappointing.

Appetizer? Nice joke, more like a cup of water before the meal. Yeah, I will still watch it, I love drinking water too. But it will definitely be a disappointment and I'm already disappointed

Oct 26, 2017
Does that mean even 3rd parties can't make Series X exclusives?

They can but who is going to ditch the old playerbase for the new? No one.

Godfall is a third-party exclusive because Sony paid for it as a console exclusive and they were willing to make it for PS5 and PC. The vast majority of third party games without an exclusivity deal are going to be cross-gen for at least one year following next gen launch, just like always.

PapaJustify

Nov 3, 2017
Germany
Personally, I also expect a lot smaller (indie) titles that will probably be super cool, but are not exactly screaming "next-gen".

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
In exact how many hours is the event?
You can go to the game summer page and subscribe to the google calender to get all the events in your time zone.

www.summergamefest.com

Summer Game Fest - Live Friday June 7 at YouTube Theater, LA

See the future of video games at Summer Game Fest, the game industry's new digital, global event! Returns June 7, 2024 at YouTube Theater in LA. Streaming live everywhere.
Might even just have some pre-rendered CGI "coming to XSeX" announcement trailers/teasers instead of any gameplay.
We aren't getting GCI in a gameplay (trailer/demo) event.
A guy who is in the know said not to expect it tomorrow.
Who is Spencer? A insider? :P
Actually this reminds me, this will likely be the first time we will see RT outside of the awkward AMD demo
Ninja Theory showed RT already iirc.
Didn't they say there won't be series x exclusives for a year or 2?
No.
The statement leaves room for interpretation as to if they only meant their 1st party output, or if they also require 3rd parties to develop their games for current gen, but are obviously allowed to scale up for series x
No, it doesn't leave room for interpretation. Booty talked about XGS games.

Oct 27, 2017
cool story

but beyond that, it's almost like it's hinting at RT / 8K / 120 FPS... Some tangible differentiation beyond what you have on current generation

Actually this reminds me, this will likely be the first time we will see RT outside of the awkward AMD demo
The thing is that if a game actually targets 8K than it's likely to look like a current gen game in every other way because obviously 8K takes a metric fuckton of power render and other aspects of the game will need to be scaled back. Kind of like how a last gen game like Bioshock Inifite can target 1080/60 on the base Xbox One. The same can be said of 120FPS, you won't be able to push the settings terribly high if you want the framerate to go up that far.

Buenoblue

Banned
May 5, 2018
I feel like Microsoft should be showing there own games too for there first gaming reveal. Seems like a mistake. The reason I dropped off Xbox was because of lack of quality exclusives. Just showing third party for there first reveal doesn't bode well. You know Sony gonna be bringing them big exclusives. Heck 95% of these games are gonna be on ps5 too. Xbox series x got the tech ain't no doubt bout that, it's a phenomenal machine, I just need reassurance they can make diverse quality exclusives on a regular basis too.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
hell yeah that alone makes it exciting! I do hope we see actual gameplay though and not something like Metro Exodus which was in "in engine" and what they were aiming for, but not actual gameplay
I'll take that type of trailer as well, I love both Origin and Odyssey, I can't see how Valhalla can disappoint me even it they try to trick me with a target trailer. I just want to see and know more about the game and characters and general setting. Super hyped about it!

Tunned

Oct 30, 2017
I want to see some kick ass next gen racing game a la Driveclub, but that is probably not happening, so hype at 0%, that way I won't br disappointed.