• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Those are big expectations. This isn't their E3 replacement event. It's a May 'Inside Xbox' presentation.

One big announcement doesn't seem that huge of expectations for the first next gen event normally, idk.

I'm obviously not expecting much of anything, but it seems natural for people to expect some big stuff tomorrow.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Going up early as I'm about to head off to bed, prolly wake up around the time it starts

t1588863600z4.png

0HwJMbh.png
Aw...

Well I guess I'll check in but not watch.

I was looking forward to seeing the first next gen fighter or something at least...

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Excited for next-gen stuff, but also keeping expectations low. 4K30 and a whole lot of cross-gen games.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
It's also the first showing of next-gen and needs to be received positively. Assassin's Creed and FIFA aren't going to set the internet on fire. If they want to keep up their positive momentum they need at least one memorable reveal.
One big announcement doesn't seem that huge of expectations for the first next gen event normally, idk.

I'm obviously not expecting much of anything, but it seems natural for people to expect some big stuff tomorrow.
Inside Xbox is like a sampler.

Tomorrow is to tease your tastes for next-gen. The main course will come later. Temper expectation and you'll enjoy.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Fred said it'll be shit
Bert said it'll be great.
Just make your own damn minds up.
Fuck it's tiring all this deflating then pumping shit up.

Should be a good show.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Inside Xbox is like a sampler.

Tomorrow is to tease your tastes for next-gen. The main course will come later. Temper expectation and you'll enjoy.
We've had teases for 18 months. It's time to show a game to get excited by. The reception here if nothing exciting is shown will be awful and undo all the hard work Microsoft has done since December. Of course they can regain momentum later but if they have good stuff and decide not to show at least some of it today then they might as well have not bothered.

Feb 10, 2018
I fully expect just resolution and framerate boosts and I fully expect hot takes like "THATS NOT NEXT GEN, JUST LOOKS LIKE CURRENT GEN GAMES ON PC"

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
We've had teases for 18 months. It's time to show a game to get excited by. The reception here if nothing exciting is shown well be awful and undo all the hard work Microsoft has done since December. Of course they can regain momentum later but if they have good stuff and decide not to show at least some of it today then they might as well have not bothered.

undo all the hard work? That's quite a hot take

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
We've had teases for 18 months. It's time to show a game to get excited by. The reception here if nothing exciting is shown will be awful and undo all the hard work Microsoft has done since December. Of course they can regain momentum later but if they have good stuff and decide not to show at least some of it today then they might as well have not bothered.
I don't disagree. Simply saying don't expect a Mini-E3 type of affair tomorrow. Expect an Inside Xbox presentation with a look at some XSX third party offerings.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Tempered expectations or not I still think we're going to see some cool stuff. The fact that we're getting new game announcements is enough to make me hyped.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
undo all the hard work? That's quite a hot take
Why? If in 12 hours this place is full of disappointed people then what would have been the point of the show? It's a first look at next-gen games. If all they can wheel out is a a non-gameplay demo of AC and a couple of videos of games we already know are coming then they will lose the momentum they have built.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I will watch this whole thing exclusively for Elden Ring news just so I can shitpost about it when I'm inevitably disappointed

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Why? If in 12 hours this place is full of disappointed people then what would have been the point of the show? It's a first look at next-gen games. If all they can wheel out is a a non-gameplay demo of AC and a couple of videos of games we already know are coming then they will lose the momentum they have built.

Disappointed how? XSX is a beast of system and we will get the goods in due time. This is the first time we are seeing cross gen games running on next gen. History has shown us time and time again early gen games do not represent the true abilities.

You need to temper your expectations.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
The biggest thing that we could see here is either Harry Potter or Starfield. Don't expect anything bigger than that, and don't be expecting to see any games like that. If we do see one, it'll only be one.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Disappointed how? XSX is a beast of system and we will get the goods in due time. This is the first time we are seeing cross gen games running on next gen. History has shown us time and time again early gen games do not represent the true abilities.

You need to temper your expectations.
My expectations are tempered. Asking for one reveal to be excited about is not much at the reveal of a new generation of games.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I fully expect just resolution and framerate boosts and I fully expect hot takes like "THATS NOT NEXT GEN, JUST LOOKS LIKE CURRENT GEN GAMES ON PC"

I'm hoping for a bit more. Certainly with WD Legion they have already shown they have ray traced shadows in. XboneX and PS4 Pro already do current gen with higher frames / resolution. While I think 4k / 60 fps will show a big difference on say Valhalla vs say 1800p / 30 fps or less on mid gen refreshes, it isn't going to be the kind of graphical difference that is that noticible to many. Black Flag last gen had noticibly improved texturing and geometry for instance.

Feb 10, 2018
Still being told to temper expectations for an Xbox show heading into next gen. Yay.

I think a better way to put it is to have realistic expectations, we have literally been told from the horses mouth that they are showing gameplay of 3rd party games that will be 4k and up to 120fps.

It would be wise to base your expectations on that.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Then stop worrying about everything being undone just because of some first look show
I'm not worried about it being undone. If you had read the rest of my post and not selectively quoted it then you would know that I said that the momentum could be won back later.

My point is that if people finish the show disappointed then what was the point of it? It just further damages the Inside Xbox name and does nothing to sell Xbox.

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
My hype is in check. I just want to see what the first lot of next gen games look like.

I also want to see if MS has had any cache with their 3rd party devs enough for exclusives a la Sunset Overdrive this gen.

Feb 10, 2018
I'm hoping for a bit more. Certainly with WD Legion they have already shown they have ray traced shadows in. XboneX and PS4 Pro already do current gen with higher frames / resolution. While I think 4k / 60 fps will show a big difference on say Valhalla vs say 1800p / 30 fps or less on mid gen refreshes, it isn't going to be the kind of graphical difference that is that noticible to many. Black Flag last gen had noticibly improved texturing and geometry for instance.

Yes, I hope for more, but I expect res and fps bumps.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I guess we don't know FOR SURE. But that's definitely the vibe being given off. We know for sure AC is only a trailer and that seemed like the sure bet for a gameplay demo.

We only have info for ONE game. Nothing else is giving that vibe.

No clue, but at this rate i'm gonna just say no. Unless it's more of the AA side of AAA.

I mean, we have a direct tweet from Phil Spencer saying new, never before seen games will be shown - both big and small.

'big' usually refers to AAA.