• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
Are there QD stans? šŸ¤£

I liked Detroit Become Human but obviously this stuff is terrible, there's nothing defendable about any of this.
Well I was kinda thinking of one infamous poster in particular in this case but yeah Quantic Dream always had a bunch of defenders (because let's be honest even Detroit weird analogies aren't all that good).

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Must be a good trial, it has EMOTIONS!
Heavy-rain-convo2.jpg

Needs one with R1 - Lie

Edit: goddammit I missed this šŸ˜‚
Perfect

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ.

James Stephanie Sterling is gonna have a field day with this.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
LOL at the whole situation. What were they thinking seriously? When they announced they would set up a studio in Montreal, I was baffled. Why would anyone in their right mind want to be associated wih this company?

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
That edit is a 10/10

Are there QD stans? šŸ¤£

I liked Detroit Become Human but obviously this stuff is terrible, there's nothing defendable about any of this.

www.resetera.com

How Quantic Dream defended itself against allegations of a 'toxic culture' - Interview with Cage, employees and others

Some quotes: Much more here. Honestly QD handled things very much professionally, IMO. It was very clear that something was wrong with the way the story was being reported what with how every decision surrounding what made it to the court was favorable towards QD, but I suppose the intent...

Enjoy, quite the wild ride.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
That edit is a 10/10

www.resetera.com

How Quantic Dream defended itself against allegations of a 'toxic culture' - Interview with Cage, employees and others

Some quotes: Much more here. Honestly QD handled things very much professionally, IMO. It was very clear that something was wrong with the way the story was being reported what with how every decision surrounding what made it to the court was favorable towards QD, but I suppose the intent...

fighting the urge to tag that weird stan who made the second thread

The Boat

Oct 28, 2017
So they're not just gigantic douchebags, they're also really fucking dumb and incompetent.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

www.resetera.com

tumblr_m7i6brMD8P1r1zn4oo3_250.gif

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DAVID CAGE stammering, in tears, exclaiming "you interfere in my business! "before leaving the courtroom, fleeing from the defense lawyers' plea. It is obvious that it was difficult for him to talk about honor when mentioned a list of remarks he had made in public: "anyway, in my games, all women are whores", "in the open space, there is a lack of tits" or "at Quantic Dream, we don't make games for fags".
Fucking hell. I already knew the man was complete trash but still, jesus.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
Memo to Self:

Never, ever, under any circumstances even consider hiring the law firm that's representing Quantic Dream in this case whatsover.

Because -- my God -- I'd stand a better chance representing myself!

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That edit is a 10/10

www.resetera.com

This is a incredible exchange

Edit: I should add that my French is really basic and I'm being aided by Google translate, but it seems like a favorable judgment for QD.
I mean, you are clearly reading this wrongly and I don't understand why.
Bruh, I'm a native French speaker

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
DAVID CAGE stammering, in tears, exclaiming "you interfere in my business! "before leaving the courtroom, fleeing from the defense lawyers' plea. It is obvious that it was difficult for him to talk about honor when mentioned a list of remarks he had made in public: "anyway, in my games, all women are whores", "in the open space, there is a lack of tits" or "at Quantic Dream, we don't make games for fags".

Not surprised to hear that David Cage is a manchild lol. I hope this means that the world will no longer have to suffer through his garbage games.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
let's be honest, all this shit David Cage said here is not surprising to anyone who played any of his work

Arilian

Oct 29, 2020
During the trial, de FondaumiĆØre said that Canard PC was a small fanzine and that journalists here were not taken seriously.

Edwy Plenel, co-founder of Mediapart, answered him, during his testimony, in defense of Canard PC (automatic translation by Deepl):

Ā« You said something wrong about Canard PC, it is not a marginal fanzine, it is not a superficial magazine. It's an independent newspaper, not linked to the communication strategies of companies, that's what makes its credit, its communication. You were afraid that the gaming community would react. You didn't pursue it, everything that was published is still online. In this article, there are more virulent terms than in the Mediapart article. Ā»

One funny thing about Canard PC not being taken seriously: some owners of French game studios thought that Ivan le Fou (nickname of Ivan GaudĆ©, publication director of Canard PC) was the puppet master behind the creation of the STJV (an union created by people working in French game studios) šŸ¤£

Sources :
-- An article by Ivan le Fou, with the quoted answer by Edwy Plenel (it's behind a paywall): its title can be loosely translated "Quantic Dream Vs the mustache-leftist"
www.canardpc.com

Quantic Dream vs le moustacho-gauchisme

Jeudi 27 et vendredi 28 mai 2021 se tenaient les audiences du procĆØs en diffamation intentĆ© par Quantic Dream et ses deux principaux dirigeants contre les journaux Le Monde et Mediapart pour les enquĆŖtes de 2018. Le verdict ne sera connu que dĆ©but juillet, mais cā€™est toujours chouette les procĆØs...

-- A couple of tweets about Ivan le Fou, puppet master extraordinaire :

-- STJV website : https://www.stjv.fr/en/

darhf

Oct 28, 2017
Toulouse, France
During the trial, de FondaumiĆØre said that Canard PC was a small fanzine and that journalists here were not taken seriously.

Canard PC is probably the most respected video game related publication you can find in France, but still they tried to undermine their credibility in front of the judge - Their name is a pun based on a toilet cleaning product so they had to try I guess.

OP
OP
Maxime

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017

Just to notify I somehow forgot a quote in this part. Updated:

DAVID CAGE stammering, in tears, exclaiming "you are interfering in my business!", "This case is about my honor" before leaving the courtroom, fleeing from the defense lawyers' plea. It is obvious that it was difficult for him to talk about honor as a list of comments he allegedly made in public was cited: "Anyway, in my games, all women are whores", "In the open space, there is a lack of tits" or "At Quantic Dream, we don't make games for fags".

ToƱo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
"It's really an apolitical game that questions a modern society where freedom of speech is so restricted that it stifles creativity. We'll be telling it through the fight of a creative job creator who needs to get his story out, while fighting off adversarial forces such as a thieving tax system, jealous journalists, and so-called progressives who are really hateful harassers. Think Atlas Shrugged meets 1984, but not political and with a deeper insight into modern society, informed by my modest genius."

That shit writes itself lol
I hope the game includes a tutorial were the main character needs to clean his teeth -something really important for the plot, obviously-, and the moment he sees his face reflected in the mirror he does a long monologe about how genius, handsome and manly is the man from the mirror.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't he found to have preserved nudes of Elliot Page years ago against his wishes? Like Cage being a creep is nothing new.
yeah it was known for a while that he's a creep, but the allegations came out shortly before the release of detroit, so at the time some people were worried what would happen to that game's release/reception and came out in defense of QD, trying to discredit the publications that published the first reports.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
David Cage just shot himself in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about French culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in France, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the French public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantic Dream's games, for any system, nor will they purchase any of David Cage's future games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cage has alienated an entire market with this move.
David Cage, publicly apologize and stop being a twat or you can expect further interference in your business.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much the rest of you know about French culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in France, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the French public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Quantic Dream's games, for any system, nor will they purchase any of David Cage's future games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Cage has alienated an entire market with this move.
David Cage, publicly apologize and stop being a twat or you can expect further interference in your business.
Out of context and not really funny.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
you know this is used as a way to defend the person/company in the copy pasta ?
is that what you're doing ? Protecting QD and David Cage ?

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
you know this is used as a way to defend the person/company in the copy pasta ?
is that what you're doing ? Protecting QD and David Cage ?
What? The pasta is used to mock the person it's used about typically. At least it always has been in my experience.
So for clarity, I'm using it to call out David Cage for being a jerk and an idiot.

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Something that article omits and is worth pointing out is Solidaires Informatiques isn't just a website, it's a french union for videogame workers.

DasFool

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cackling from all the schadenfreude. This guy has been a hack for over 20 years (whose games somehow attracted a manner of audience) and now he's plainly admitted he's a closeted bigot. Incredible.

Fuck off, David Cage. No one needs you.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
David Cage's arrogance and delusion is at astronomical levels but this is a new low even for him, these articles and reports are so embarrassing. His behavior is absurd. I am confidant that this will do nothing to teach him shame and humility. I really hope people don't brush these tantrums off just to play a video game, especially when all this confirms even worse accusations.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, on Pride Month too. Looks like David will have plenty of time to become human with the spotlight on him like this.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking for this thread. I've only heard tidbits from some friends, time to read during my lunch break.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Allegedly, yeah. That was reported, like they reported on Cage allegedly asking an employee of Tunisian descent if that was one of his cousins after QD was burglarized.

I guess it was brought up in court if QD is disputing all this.

unfortunately you hear these jokes a lot in France when you're uh, "typƩ", as they say. It's frustratingly mainstream.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
unfortunately you hear these jokes a lot in France when you're uh, "typƩ", as they say. It's frustratingly mainstream.
Yeah, I know from first hand experience, that's why it sounds 100% believable because that's exactly the kind of racist joke a self centered white dude like Cage would be very comfortable making.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
As a frenchman I honestly don't care about Quantic Dream and David Cage, he can get fucked. It's like Ubi and Yves Guillemot, the culture roots would be better if they left the company.

Mimosa

Community & Social Media Manager
Verified
Oct 23, 2019
Yeah, I know from first hand experience, that's why it sounds 100% believable because that's exactly the kind of racist joke a self centered white dude like Cage would be very comfortable making.

:( Worst part is how dismissive they are/how literally no one will defend you since it's so normalized.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm downplaying/excusing Cage but I've definitely experienced and seen this with other large game companies in France too.

Hopefully the end result is a more comfortable and inclusive environment for marginalized people.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I had completely forgot about this. Boy those are some quotes being presented in the OP. I would love to see the thought process behind asking the court if it is okay to lie if they are not under oath.

Banana Aeon

Oct 30, 2017
Is this finally the end of the David? Will we be finally free from his idiotic, cringeworthy plots and nonsensical and borderline offensive writing? Let's hope for the best.