• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

It's €7.99/$7.99 a month and includes comics, webcomics, classic strips, and some manga.

A quick list of some publishers onboard: @DarkHorseComics @ComicsTitan @IDWPublishing @AndrewsMcMeel @ValiantComics @ArchieComics @PapercutzGN @humanoidsinc also some select indies and more on the way!

It's a shame there's no trial, and no way to look at the library without being subscribed.
Anyone going to give this a go?

Edit: You can now see a full list of titles at the bottom of this page: http://inky-pen.com/main/comics

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.ntower.de/bericht/567-interview-with-ronan-thomas-huggard-from-inkypen/

Yes, so essentially what happens, when you're in the Comic section, it will automatically download the first stuff that you're reading. So the last thing you've been reading will be shown at the top of the list. You can intuitively understand it as whatever is in my list that's what's being downloaded or cached. It's not like you tag things as "offline", you just do it by reading it. And you can move things from the queue as well.

What we want is, that if you're reading offline, you should never have to plan. It's more like when you read at home and then you leave and you take it with you on your Nintendo Switch, it already has all the content. So you have, you know, your eight hours of content that you need or whatever. Of course you can't search for new stuff while you're offline. But you can at least read all the things you've been interested in so far.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Is it true that the app is exclusively for Switch right now? Sounds like an odd decision, but more power to them I guess. Would love to have this on my phone someday.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
I will until someone makes a full list of the complete library, before considering to subscribe.

These apps are welcome on Switch, but very few people will pay just to check out what they offer. They should consider making the catalague public.

massoluk

Oct 25, 2017
Thailand
Other platforms? Are you guys planning to read comicbook on your TV?
Edit: haha, woops. I didn't imagine the app isn't already on mobile phone

Last edited:

sandworms

Oct 7, 2018
With how secret they are as to what is actually included with this service, I'm surprised they expect anybody to subscribe.

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I subbed for a month so I could have a look at what's up. Read a couple of issues of Ghostbusters last night, including a fun crossover comic where the new comic ones meet the old Real Ghostbusters. I'll make a list of what's up at some point if InkyPen themselves don't do it.

Krysuk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I subbed for a month so I could have a look at what's up. Read a couple of issues of Ghostbusters last night, including a fun crossover comic where the new comic ones meet the old Real Ghostbusters. I'll make a list of what's up at some point if InkyPen themselves don't do it.

Please do as this information seems to be highly classified and completely unavailable anywhere... :(

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Ehh. I guess this is good for people who don't have another tablet. But the Switch is tiny, bulky and the screen is nothing impressive.

winstein

Oct 28, 2017
Malaysia
Is there a way to view the full list of comics online without checking the Switch app? I would like to check out the list of comics that InkyPen provides (without paying for subscription), but the website doesn't list them.

Thank you for reading.

Emerald Hawk

Dec 12, 2017
New Jersey
Is there a way to view the full list of comics online without checking the Switch app?
There is now a list of titles on their site here:
http://inky-pen.com/main/comics

Scroll down to "Longform Series List" and click "show list" to see the details. It shows page counts which gives an idea of whether it includes only recent issues or the full back catalog.

For example, they list Sonic the Hedgehog, but it's under IDW, not Archie, and only includes 32 pages worth. Obviously we don't get the entire, 25 year back catalog of Sonic comics for free here.