• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Day 22 -Ghost
I've been watching a lot of the Japanese Ju-on films for the 31 days of Horror challenge and had the idea for a vengeful ghost turned supernatural assassin.
If a film with that plot exists, please let me know!

neal-akuma-day-22-ghost.jpg

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I had to do some catch up again. Can't believe that I'm gonna be jumping straight into NaNoWriMo in a week's time. Went with more characters I'm going to be writing about. Had to rush out Days 23 and 24. Spent too much time deciding on colours for those days, so I just borrowed a palette for Day 25's picture
b186e56909b23d3d6cd8a2ecbaa723fe31098e04.png
6cc778974ab331fb9b09c1318022dc49dd583bcb.png
e1bd6e8730da6031275f086476b556a685f6f3cb.png

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great to see continued progress on this thread. Everyone, well done!

You may have noticed I stopped updating a while back. Ive had "free time" to continue but to be honest, Ive needed to take a mental break from drawing after work for a little bit. My boss at work put in his two weeks a while ago so Ive been doing my work plus HIS work since and, potentially, for the next few months.

None of that is a negative, matter of fact Im pretty excited about it, but by the time I get home I am so fucking brain dead right now that until I adapt I didnt want to make some subpar work, better to relax and do some non art related activities. (this is why the Chrono art thread is on hiatus as well, including freelance work)

Anyways, lots of "I'm" and "I've" in the post. Wanted to share how proud I am of everyone who has contributed thus far! Amazing effort :)

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, It is still fun, but after a couple of weeks one has to just do quick ones to keep up, maybe throw a more detailed one from time to time. I wonder how some of the popular artist s in Instagram do it. I swear it must be a full time job for a least a couple that do very elaborate pieces every day.

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, It is still fun, but after a couple of weeks one has to just do quick ones to keep up, maybe throw a more detailed one from time to time. I wonder how some of the popular artist s in Instagram do it. I swear it must be a full time job for a least a couple that do very elaborate pieces every day.

Depends, if youre day job already involves paneling, boarding or inking then inktober is just something you slot into your day as "freelance time" since its good for your personal brand. Inktober basically becomes free promotion so if you invest into it youll find new clients, avenues and future content you can sell. I know it has definitely been the case for me in the past.

For me, my more detailed pieces take 2 hours which isnt long, if I didnt have a wife, 2 pets, one cat and a bunch of obligations I would be doing more intricate work and even then Im a little slower than Id like because my day job isnt always about producing art (especially lately) and its never about penciling or inking (Im all digital at work) so Im flexing different muscles when I do inktober

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Day 28 - Edo Furin-
From Dllr_draws prompt list on Instagram.

No line art, I went straight to rendering as I had the image in my head so vividly.

neal-akuma-day-28-edo-furin-small.jpg

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Day 30 - Catch
This idea started off as a woman catching and wearing eyeballs with a fishing pole. Then it morphed into this euphoric multi-ocular Trypophobia body horror piece.

Spoilers for body horror and if you have Trypophobia-
neal-akuma-day-30.jpg

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Last pictures of the year.

4b166030a0d309d7c3efd6e9cac820f3d253ea4b.png
632d3fbada4a48b049ce485b5e0164a840717462.png
786ef583282c14f616c143d1a21d2eb5f893d293.png

...And done. The All-Digital Inktober/No-Scanner-At-Home-r October is finished. This was so much harder than I was expecting it to be (and I was already expecting it to be hard, I can barely draw with a pencil).

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Accidentally posted my stuff in a wrong thread and nobody said anything. *cries in shame*

Days 18-20.
"Misfit".

"Sling". Named it "Comfort Zone".

"Tread".

Days 21-23.

"Treasure Hunters":

"Ghost":

"Culture" for "Ancient" prompt word.

Sorry for such a long post.
I just wanted to say your art is amazing.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

My favorite ones are always the ones where I get to go crazy with my sharpie and just fill in a bunch of ink, reminds me of the hard shadows of Majora's Mask's art.

I'm definitely going to research into getting an inexpensive drawing tablet because I'd love to do some simple art and animation for itch.io's Game Off this year.

DM_Uselink

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
First time in 5 years that I don't finish, but that's ok!

Glad there were some of you who kept it up all month, awesome work everyone!

Here is the last one from me.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Well done to most of you. There has been a lot of fun and creative drawings to admire. Personally I have given up. Managed up to 23 days! First time trying so I guess I should see that as a positive. Hopefully next time I will do better.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Did a chart of all art of the past month

0b8860ff1dab3fa4bb952be35390b37fe1697d77.jpg

(I also did charts of previous years here and here.)

Anyway... I learned a lot about Flash this year, stuff like "never turn on magnet for the line tool", "different line thicknesses exist" and "convert to symbol/break apart is surprisingly useful for drawing". I also managed to not fall behind for more than 2 or 3 days at a time (in previous years I always fell behind by almost a week).

...I'm not doing all digital ever again though. If I don't have a scanner next October again, I'd rather sit out than join (but hopefully it doesn't come to that)

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody did some cool stuff. I should've done more but I mentally checked out after day 12 lol. Im just
Glad I at least did more than last year.