• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES
"A precious opportunity to test my own strength. I won't make waste of your deaths."

EGpUFlSVAAAGSFC

Alright, little behind but managed to finish my day 7 today. Lysithea is awesome though, so Im happy I took my time

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Day 12: Dragon

tumblr_pz8t7yGbO71sj0je3o1_r1_1280.png

I just used an old sketch / scan for this one. I tried using varying line lengths a bit more for this picture. 1pt for clothing lines seems to work. I couldn't make the eye/nose/mouth look good in 3pt though (so I switched that back to 2pt)

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Catching up on some prompts from the previous days.

Also made a web app that makes little ink icons based on this year's prompts:

You can see it here. I made it in the span of 3 hours so it's fairly buggy but I wanted to do something creative and quick for both Inktober and Hacktoberfest - I'm definitely going to flesh this out later :P

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was itching to get some of these painted, so I started with the obvious choice. Going for a more painterly style than usual. Pretty fun!

EGsnTflUYAc3zA2

Last edited:

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't draw yesterday, so catching up with a couple low-effort pics.
11. Snow
This one is based on my recollection of an actual picture of a cat from my childhood.
AZm7ieK.png

12. Dragon
SMEoXED.png

"Swing". Usually I can tell what exactly did I mess up in the picture but not with this one. I'll be very grateful for any kind of feedback on it.
Based on the way the guy is hanging, the mechanical bird feels flat. It's better than anything I can do, but I think his torso should be bent more, to give the impression of his body being forced down on the neck of the mechanical bird. As it is, it feels like he's just hanging straight down from where he's holding on and trying to swing up.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
13. Ash
vgDVBZR.png

Items t add to list of things I cannot draw:
Chainsaws
Bandages

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Days 11 and 12. Had to skip a day since the conditions were rather uncomfortable for drawing, will have to make 2 pictures in one day. Ooofff.

"Undercover" for "Snow" theme.

"Dragon":

Based on the way the guy is hanging, the mechanical bird feels flat. It's better than anything I can do, but I think his torso should be bent more, to give the impression of his body being forced down on the neck of the mechanical bird. As it is, it feels like he's just hanging straight down from where he's holding on and trying to swing up.
I see, thanks!

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Been strugglying to keep up with this but finally up to date. Had to draw several some days. For todays topic...

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Day 15 - Legend

I couldn't draw his face so I didnt draw his face. Also direct linking the image from twitter was making the pictures look shittier with whatever compression they use. And this one was espcially so for some reason

Been strugglying to keep up with this but finally up to date. Had to draw several some days. For todays topic...

Haha fantastic!

Last edited:

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I fell a bit behind a few days ago (I had to focus on a really important uni project)
tumblr_pzaqw5BQRr1sj0je3o1_1280.png
tumblr_pzeyltdiEf1sj0je3o1_1280.png

Oct 29, 2017
Day 15 - Legend

"Ten challenges I've given, and I won 'em all. In this circle I beat Shama Heartless, Rudd Threetrees, Harding Grim, Tul Duru Thunderhead, Black Dow, and more besides. If I listed the Named Men I've put back in the mud we'd be here at sunrise tomorrow. There's not a man in the North don't know my work." - Last Argument of Kings

1HqNPqQ.png

edit: replaced by a version a bit cleaner

Last edited:

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017

Same drawing from 2 angles.
I spent a few minutes thinking of the "best" angle to present it but only found this solution to circumvent the issue.