• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Here's day 4, "Freeze," at long last! Still touching up day 5 but it should be up soon. Not sure if I'll get around to day 6 as I've got movie plans for later but we'll see.

tumblr_pyz41r8q4l1t50g6fo1_1280.jpg

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES
"I guess I'll just have to settle for cheering the others on."

EGOvMvSUcAAzwsB

Claude is a little too cool for all this nonsense

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Day 5: Build

tumblr_pyvtnwUJBG1sj0je3o1_1280.png

(This one's not fan art of anything)

Had to rush this out quickly bc I don't have much free time today. I just remembered that, even though I don't have access to a scanner atm, I do still have old scans from earlier this year. So I used one for this picture. The lineart part went really smoothly today (not a surprise though. Trying to "draw" with Adobe Flash, on a laptop, is really clunky). I also remembered some other line tool options I forgot about (like playing with line thickness and using line colours other than black) so I messed with those a little.

I used to love drawing in flash! I loved the way you could alter the lines and stuff. I had an older version that was given away with some PC magazine CD rom, now long lost. I must get around to finding something simlar and cheap (or free)

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to update yesterday.

Day 6 (Husky)
tumblr_pyxnuvaD4Y1sj0je3o1_1280.png

Day 7 (Enchanted)
tumblr_pyz7wm4eVa1sj0je3o1_1280.png

More Touhou characters. Day 6 took a stupidly long time to put out (it took the longest, but felt the most unfinished to me). So on Day 7 I tried to be a bit more pragmatic. I went with a simpler picture (1 character, basic frontal pose), I also used a lot of "copy > paste in place > flip horizontal" to keep things symmetrical. It all helped. I was able to actually get to some colouring + light shading in about 2 hours (instead of 2 hours to get the lineart finished).

I used to love drawing in flash! I loved the way you could alter the lines and stuff. I had an older version that was given away with some PC magazine CD rom, now long lost. I must get around to finding something simlar and cheap (or free)

Yeah, the line tool is why I like using Flash (that and getting a graphics tablet wouldn't be a good using of money for me)

Also there's totally an older, version of Flash that's legal/free to use (link here). I've been using it for this Inktober

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to update yesterday.

Day 6 (Husky)
tumblr_pyxnuvaD4Y1sj0je3o1_1280.png

Day 7 (Enchanted)
tumblr_pyz7wm4eVa1sj0je3o1_1280.png

More Touhou characters. Day 6 took a stupidly long time to put out (it took the longest, but felt the most unfinished to me). So on Day 7 I tried to be a bit more pragmatic. I went with a simpler picture (1 character, basic frontal pose), I also used a lot of "copy > paste in place > flip horizontal" to keep things symmetrical. It all helped. I was able to actually get to some colouring + light shading in about 2 hours (instead of 2 hours to get the lineart finished).

Yeah, the line tool is why I like using Flash (that and getting a graphics tablet wouldn't be a good using of money for me)

Also there's totally an older, version of Flash that's legal/free to use (link here). I've been using it for this Inktober

Oh wow! thanks so much.. i think i love you xox (i only have a low end wacom intuos myself but it is pretty great being able to use a pen instead of a mouse)

I like this

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Very good drawings you have shared with us! How are you drawing them? Is it a hand drawn sketch that was redrawn digitally or it is 100% digital?

Thanks! Theyre pretty simple, loose sketch like the one below

Then I ink that with pretty basic tools, I like the Copic Multiliner pens, then I erase the sketch and scan the leftover inks. Nothing digital about any of them.

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
Thanks! Theyre pretty simple, loose sketch like the one below

Then I ink that with pretty basic tools, I like the Copic Multiliner pens, then I erase the sketch and scan the leftover inks. Nothing digital about any of them.

They were inked so well, that I was 100% sure that they were digital! Good job! You are very talented!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Inktober Day 6? I missed some days, but this was a commission I did for a friend! Here's the black and white and colored version! I'd post the grayscale one too, but I don't want to overload this post anymore than it already is!

tumblr_pyzakuCt3w1tdh40xo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_pyzakuCt3w1tdh40xo1_1280.jpg

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FIRE EMBLEM: THREE HOUSES
"Chef Dedue! Master Chef Doodah? Ooh, Supreme Chef Deddie-pie!"

EGPvtuFUwAApEB6

All caught up, super happy with this one, Dedue is the best. Seeing how some people have asked about my process, I grabbed my phone and recorded me inking for a little while, plus my dog Snickers does a came around the halfway point so you really need to watch the whole thing lol

jugemu

Oct 31, 2017
Days 4-5-6:
This one I named "Half-Life 3 release day" but it's relevant to a lot of other things. Hell is an uncomfortable place I guess. ^^

"Conceptual architecture"

Messy one again. Didn't want to draw a dog or corn or whatever, and drew a "Husk". But it seems nobody understands what's on the picture lol.

Love how delicately you've drawn the lines of the candle compared to the rest of the picture. Really stunning.
Awww thanks. :) It's no rare for my work to get a compliment, really appreciate it. :)

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Was a nice way of dealing with some searing neck pain :/

Really glad I dug through and found a different pen for filling in those dark shadows.

(I didn't look ahead at the prompts for later days so imagine my frustration when I saw 'dragon'... gonna have to pick another fictional dragon lol)

Oct 29, 2017
Days 4-5-6:
This one I named "Half-Life 3 release day" but it's relevant to a lot of other things. Hell is an uncomfortable place I guess. ^^

"Conceptual architecture"

Messy one again. Didn't want to draw a dog or corn or whatever, and drew a "Husk". But it seems nobody understands what's on the picture lol.

Awww thanks. :) It's no rare for my work to get a compliment, really appreciate it. :)
Love the demon with a blanket.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Day 7 - Enchanted-

tumblr_pz0zcp0WDe1xaye3qo2_1280.jpg

A fairy policewoman that I tried a different type of coloring on than I usually do.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Day 7 - Enchanted-

tumblr_pz0zcp0WDe1xaye3qo2_1280.jpg

A fairy policewoman that I tried a different type of coloring on than I usually do.

That's so awesome! Love the colors! I've been trying to improve my digital painting, and part of it has been moving out of my comfort zone and actively trying to curb my negative coloring habits. It's been a fun week so far. I've been learning a lot!

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If any of you need some tips in inkings and coloring your inks digitally, make sure you ask! Id be happy to help you out

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
That's so awesome! Love the colors! I've been trying to improve my digital painting, and part of it has been moving out of my comfort zone and actively trying to curb my negative coloring habits. It's been a fun week so far. I've been learning a lot!
Thanks! I like to experiment during Inktober as I'm on a tight schedule to produce everyday on top of my other art. Limited color palettes are what I used to always use when it was just Copic markers on paper. I tend to go overboard with digital colors as I love eye melting psychedelia, but It's something I'm mindful of.

I saw your Day 6 piece, nice work! I really like your line work, I'm so used to skipping the inking stage most of the year that getting solid lines and varying line weights takes me forever.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Well, since the picture I was putting effort into ended up tempting me into turning it into smut, this thread gets a low-effort enchanted emerald.
0TXN9MI.png

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks! I like to experiment during Inktober as I'm on a tight schedule to produce everyday on top of my other art. Limited color palettes are what I used to always use when it was just Copic markers on paper. I tend to go overboard with digital colors as I love eye melting psychedelia, but It's something I'm mindful of.

I saw your Day 6 piece, nice work! I really like your line work, I'm so used to skipping the inking stage most of the year that getting solid lines and varying line weights takes me forever.

Thank you! I was initially just going to paint over the pencil sketch, but I enjoy inking so much. XD Nothing wrong with taking your time to get the line weights looking right! Since I've been digitally inking for so long, it's a bit easier to play around with the inking brushes and line weights and experiment more without worrying about the permanence of doing it traditionally lol

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I've been horribly behind and I don't want to include subway sketches so here's the first one I sat to do inspired by Erica Henderson's ring drawing. This is Kiryu during the phone mini game in Yakuza 0. I love the series.

FDujcZd.jpg

I might stray from the preset prompt or maybe keep it Yakuza series centric. I dunno. 🤷‍♂️ I've been taking random pics of stuff throughout the city for inspiration/reference images. I just need to sit down and put some time to catch up.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Somehow managed to forgot Inktober until today for some reason..

bbEGXUsl.jpg

Also WOW there's some talents here : o

Last edited:

Bne

Jan 12, 2018
Day 7 : La dresseuse (the trainer) from TMNT

Day 8 : Miss Croque (as in croque-monsieur) from Super Mario