• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
y'all are great haha

DAY 2 - OCT 2 - MINDLESS

ZnsS7Al.png

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
pR56RsH.jpg

Really cool and diverse pieces from all of you so far! Doesn't matter if you're hyper-talented (or just very hard-working) or just doodling for fun - more power to everyone for just expressing some form of creativity!

I actually managed to do another one today, kinda surprised myself 😅 I'll also use the IG embed this time since some of you are doing it as well, hope it's ok 🙂

Ace of Base... I see you're a man of culture as well!

mooki

Oct 25, 2017
These are my first two random drawings for this year's Inktober. I just got an iPad and Procreate recently so I'm still figuring out how to use it.

wTxlO4hV_o.jpeg

wNrO5qFv_o.jpeg

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hello! I realize this is quite a stretch, but as I recently have been focused on learning pixel art, and would like to learn how to dedicate myself to staying in a palette, I think for this Inktober I'd like to try doing a piece a day in gameboy monochrome.

If this is way off course though, I'll happy to take it elsewhere :P I'm playing catch up, but here is my day 1:

llkzB6v.png

Posting the full un-cropped image as promised. Inktober no.3 , you know who.

rJvLz96.jpg

Wow, this is incredible.

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see a lot of participation! October is my favorite part of the year and inktober is part of that reason. Im not sure how much time Ill have this year for it but I got 3 pieces in so far. Ill post the 3rd tomorrow but I hope you like your sidekicks a bit saucy :)
DAY 2: Proof we live in a society. Done digitally. Decided to color it.
EF5FtJiWwAE-266

DAY 1: Done with markers. I did use a bit of colored pencils for transitions so Im cheating a bit here

EFziJvBWsAAVUG9

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited, I've got some alt prompts lined up as I like to mix and match or mash them up. I did 32 pieces for Inktober last year and have gone back to flesh out many of them-
This one in the OP-

Became this, which I did for Transgender Awareness week-
Love what you did with the one for Transgender Awareness Week. Its not easy to go from an ink drawing to a full color piece
:whew what a strong start!
Nice to see some Marvel Inks, I am also planning to do plenty of Marvel character for inks.

That said, here it is, and I am also going to be shameless and put my IG here:
instagram.com/edricluffie
twitter.com/luffie

DYqPsl9.jpg

First day Kuroro Lucifer, just to show the difference with my first Kuroro ink 4 years ago.

rrGy1Bv.jpg

And I was so proud of this shit lol....
V nice progress, now imagine 4 years from now...
and a stronger second day! damn!
GREAT JOB, EVERYBODY!

Ive had a super busy day, but I wanted to make it ON TIME for day one (California time!) Too late for social media, but still

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
THE GLORY OF PROGRESS

day_01_byleth.png
Very strong composition. This flows so well
These are my first two random drawings for this year's Inktober. I just got an iPad and Procreate recently so I'm still figuring out how to use it.

wTxlO4hV_o.jpeg

wNrO5qFv_o.jpeg
aw hell yeah Im ride or die with these characters. super charming

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Day 3: Bait

tumblr_pys7uxYC2Y1sj0je3o1_1280.png

With Toan from Dark Cloud. I finally got to play this earlier this year (I played a demo of it as a kid, but never got to play it until now). It was a fun game. Fishing was like this pretty much this every time I tried it though.

Since I tried to actually do proper colour / shading (instead of sticking to black / white / red), this specific picture took three hours to do. So about as long as my first picture. But it took much longer overall since I tried different ideas / characters before settling on this.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
The tale of the scorpion and the frog is about how some evil is so destructive, so mindlessly hateful, that it will do anything to kill - even one who is trying to help it - even if doing so will kill it, as well. For some reason, I feel like this tale fits with our times.
61bwa5e.png

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Day 2!! I feel like it needs... Something. Probably a background but I need to stop tinkering with it.

Anywho, I need to use larger paper cause 9x12 is really cramped feeling lately, that and it seems like a couple peoples are using bristol board. I'm gonna use this as an excuse to get some new paper :P

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Nice to see a lot of participation! October is my favorite part of the year and inktober is part of that reason. Im not sure how much time Ill have this year for it but I got 3 pieces in so far. Ill post the 3rd tomorrow but I hope you like your sidekicks a bit saucy :)
DAY 2: Proof we live in a society. Done digitally. Decided to color it.
EF5FtJiWwAE-266

DAY 1: Done with markers. I did use a bit of colored pencils for transitions so Im cheating a bit here
EFziJvBWsAAVUG9
Markers or "cheating" your colors are always so sublime. I just stare wondering how you do it.

DM_Uselink

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Day 02, if you've played the game, this might be funny ;)

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
TO SUMMON ME, YOU MUST BE IN DESPERATE NEED

day_02_sothis.png

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Haha awesome, had the same idea when I was thinking about what to draw for today's word! I guess I'll have to think about something else then 😁
Not sure if I'll be able to contribute today but still a few hours left...!

I gotta say, i found this hard as hell to draw.

The fact it looks even 10% like him is a huge victory :D

Oct 25, 2017

Here's a process vid of the piece I posted yesterday if anyone wants to check it out. You can find me on twitter as EdgarUVM
and same on instagram

Here is today's piece. Depending on his age, I guess Robin fits into the theme lol
8ar5qcM.jpg

Markers or "cheating" your colors are always so sublime. I just stare wondering how you do it.
Thanks for the kind words. Markers are surprisingly effective. My trick is to have a new-ish set and a set thats in the process of drying and then use them on watercolor paper which tends to absorb the markers really well. The colors will look really concentrated as a result which is difficult to get with pencils or watercolor. I also try to keep a test sheet with me. If I get a bit of time, Ill post what I did with another recent piece that shows what I mean by test sheet

Last edited:

Silence_and_I

May 7, 2018
IMG_20191003_234533.jpg

Day 3, Bait.

We had guests all day long so I didn't have time to create something original. Let's hope I can do better next time :)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I doubt I'll be able to keep up with Inktober this year, but here are my Day 1 and Day 2 entries (and yeah, Day 2 is just Day 1 colored, but it was for a commission for my friend's son, so I couldn't do more!) Teostra from Monster Hunter World:

tumblr_pyqhj8u30W1tdh40xo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_pys4biIED01tdh40xo1_1280.jpg

atmegatron

Dec 27, 2017
Ace of Base... I see you're a man of culture as well!

Haha thanks! Also I really like your choice for "mindless" - amazing movie, haven't watched it in ages, I should make some time to correct that!

I gotta say, i found this hard as hell to draw.

The fact it looks even 10% like him is a huge victory :D

Yeah, props to you for doing it anyway!! I'm also pretty terrible at drawing people, so I probably wouldn't have done this anyway 😅

Here's my take on day 3

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Inktober Day 3: Full Disclosure, this is a piece I did for Inktober 2017, but I really wanted to color it, so I did that for today. Sorry! I can't remember if I participated in Inktober 2017 on GAF, so I guess it could be considered new for some folks! XD XD I did use the black and white version as my avatar here for a little bit before switching to my current me in my Spidey cosplay one.

Ann Takamaki from Persona 5. Man, I want to replay it again so bad, but I have too much other stuff to play!

tumblr_pytomzMVoG1tdh40xo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_pytomzMVoG1tdh40xo1_1280.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Slumpy mermen just weren't bringing in the prey anymore, so evolution had to give a species of bloodthirsty shrimp a better lure. There are still some kinks to work out, but so far the new lures are working a lot better.
x
eeHpAad.png

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Day 4: Freeze

tumblr_pyu3favGmC1sj0je3o1_1280.png

More Touhou characters. I spent way too much time just cleaning up the picture (mostly lineart around the foreground character's face). I ended up removing all the lines completely since I was running out of time to work on this. I guess it doesn't look too bad. Though I'm still disappointed, I put much more work into the face after I realized I really half-assed the face on yesterdady's picture.

I also forgot the theme was "freeze" and not just "ice character". So the 'freeze' theme isn't done very well (the background is supposed to be a frozen, but that's really not obvious).

Last edited:

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Day 3 done with like 40ish minutes to spare!

Rushed the heck out of it and I used markers even though I told myself I wouldn't. I don't learn lol

I'm thinking I'll revisit this one later because I like the idea here, but man, I don't understand perspective >.>

That said, I'm kinda looking forward to day 4. I got some nice 11x17 paper, (which I also used for this day 3 pic), so I can go bigger and I've been thinking about what I'm gonna do for it for a couple days now.

Last edited: