• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
I'll join for 2019. A new year, a new me.

It helps I have an incomplete sketchbook and ink pens set-up for my hobby. I can't bring myself to post art online though.

EtaMari

Dec 17, 2018
I didn't know that there was a creator of Inkctober. Good to know! :)
I will try to draw something too :D

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
VDHW92V.jpg

(Ear)ring

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

At this rate I'm worried my Sakura Micron's going to run dry - but this was good for my mental health. Been a rough day.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Day one of Inktober 2019. Today's prompt is "ring".

-Lara, the cranium and hand pierced fisher.

Inked and colored in Photoshop CS5 =3 hours

tumblr_pypwt027Ar1xaye3qo1_1280.jpg

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's do it. I decided I'm going to try and draw baseball players by jersey number to correspond with the day of the month. Hopefully I'm able to make some progress by end of the month as this drawing shows I'm terrible with value in general, especially with pure black and white.

As it works out, up first is #1 Ozzie Smith, my childhood hero. The first Cardinals game I went to I was able to get his autograph. I was in awe.

E0OU0Qd.jpg

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Gee its easy to forget how obscenely talented you all are! But fantastic to see

Anyway, 1am is technically day 2 right?

Day 2 : Mindless
I find I can do animals quite well (hence my heavy cat base last year and my previous bull cow for day 1) but my drawing goes all fucky when ever I try any human likeness, so I didn't do anything human here either....

EF1Pos-WkAAEVGi

(I am pleased with this orange bastards likeness, although it took a while)

The next three prompts got me stumped beside the obvious, so im not looking forward to them at all!

edit > I've just realised my Donald trump looks like the Aesop Rock side project, Malibu Ken Album cover ha!

Last edited:

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I love it!. I was thinking of drawing a simple empty speech bubble without content but your trumps expression along with colours is wonderful.

Zeshae

Nov 7, 2017
FL
I'm taking part again this year as well.

My prompts are going to be a mashup of Inktober, Catober and ESOinktober lists (though likely not all at once, hah).
Attempting use of a brush pen this year. Figured the perfect reason to practice with it.

So here is Day 1: Witch Cat Riding a Guar. =)

PSX_20191001_164925-568x800.jpg

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
I love it!. I was thinking of drawing a simple empty speech bubble without content but your trumps expression along with colours is wonderful.

Aw thanks! I did try to add some clouds but it didnt look as good. Fun fact : I googled "Donald Trump ear" in order to draw his ear from reference (i couldn't replicate it and winged it) but I found a dog had a ear cyst in the shape of the greatest president of the united states.....nice times!

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all are making me feel bad about my complete lack of artistic ability. Still, I committed and the only way to get better is to practice.

tumblr_pyq2mg21GY1shb2cwo1_1280.jpg

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, so many talented artists here. And then there's me.
ZDZoyvS.png

Things I learned I cannot draw from this:
-televisions
-people emerging from televisions
-cliffs
-people mockingly waving "goodbye" from atop cliffs
-rocks emerging from water
-water

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Here is Day 2 (Mindless)

tumblr_pyqb7haKDY1sj0je3o1_1280.png

(The character is the character you can *barely* see in the corner of my avatar)

I think this turned out way better than yesterday's picture. Was able to churn this out in 2 hours (compared to yesterday's 3 hour picture). I still struggled with the pose, but considering I spent so much time yesterday, and didn't even end up drawing the picture I really wanted, it seems like just jumping straight into things is a better approach.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
May I post my Inktober drawings if they do not follow the themes listed in the OP? I chose to make up my own rules because I'd rather just draw a bunch of Lunar characters instead. orz

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
GREAT JOB, EVERYBODY!

Ive had a super busy day, but I wanted to make it ON TIME for day one (California time!) Too late for social media, but still

Fire Emblem: Three Houses
THE GLORY OF PROGRESS

day_01_byleth.png

RandomDazed

Oct 27, 2017
Day 2. Mindless

EF318rmX0AcHYys

It is, of course, pretty shit.

I'm having fun doing it though :)

Also for people who wonder how the image related to the word "Mindless"

4156_foto2_product_groot.jpg

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
198683-B8-695-E-4-C7-E-B9-F7-8-A69-A58-E0503.png

day two - 'their companion/pet'.
this is magus, the wizard-cat. he knows level 99 spells but can't cast them as he can't speak. cynthia and magus chat about pizza via cynthia's phone, which magus can text somehow.

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Inktober no.3 The mighty Apocalypse!

The original res has more leg space, ig just crop it out. I'll post the full view later.

Bne

Jan 12, 2018
OC from an existing IP Day 2 : Le Serpent (The Snake) from Spider-man

atmegatron

Dec 27, 2017
Really cool and diverse pieces from all of you so far! Doesn't matter if you're hyper-talented (or just very hard-working) or just doodling for fun - more power to everyone for just expressing some form of creativity!

I actually managed to do another one today, kinda surprised myself 😅 I'll also use the IG embed this time since some of you are doing it as well, hope it's ok 🙂

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
That slowpoke is hilarious. Amazing!
In general beautiful and amazing contributions by everyone.

Here is my second day.
Mindless.jpg