• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this thread existed yet. Guess it was hiding in hangouts (which is SO CROWDED already!)
I got nothing to show. I am bad at any obligation arts like Inktobers (which is why I made the daily art thread lol), but good luck to everyone!

EDIT:
what a great top page post via me lol
ok, i "inked" and flatted this today and have to finish shading tomorrow :D That kinda half counts!
DNUwihvXcAEwUSk.jpg:large

Last edited:

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
Yay glad to see Inktober made the transition. Raging Spaniard thank you setting this up. Also so cool Frenden is here I use his Clip Studio and PS brushes mostly.

These are some of my pieces from the most recent week:

RnfqGIb.jpg

lEmZVeQ.jpg

XAWDgeQ.jpg
iwDzOoA.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see everyone here, not sure how I missed the thread as I've been looking for it in the past few days - must not have paid enough attention!
I hope it's okay if I post my own stuff, even though it didn't gain much traction in the old place. I hope it'll still interest someone out there over here!

I started Inktober late this year, and I'm doing a videogame heroines ABC theme, with a few personal rules in place to practice some specific stuff and know where I'm going. Here's the full series so far, and here are the two latest, #21 and 22, L for Lohse and M for Mission Vao:I'm about halfway through the planned characters so far, so it'll definitely spill over November - will it still be all right to post over here, even though it won't "officially" be Inktober anymore?
I have a challenge for you, though it's silly for me to say so since I'm so far behind.

Your art is obviously very practiced and professional, but one thing I notice is that your heroines sometimes have similar poses, the sort of pose you'd expect from an action adventure videogame. If you want to try something outside your comfort zone, try a few poses as unorthodox as you can think of -- laughing, chilling on a chair or vehicle, looking skeptical, repairing something.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Hi there! New to the community section here. I didn't expect to find any sort of art OT, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this one here. I've been drawing practically all my life but I kind of stopped in high school and college (context: just graduated college last June) but I've finally gotten back to it and I'm really motivated to improve my art! I'm participating in Inktober for the first time (following my own prompts, though) and I'm trying to draw different things from what I usually draw to get better experience with them. Here are some of my favorites:

22710609_321812228285515_2459197075670171648_n.jpg

22710624_124278978259243_3430537512009859072_n.jpg

22710146_122665441757559_3964267136469172224_n.jpg

22710205_1398666443585114_4674096901170135040_n.jpg

22582675_177965752778884_5344248984896536576_n.jpg

22427524_102064103889615_1945354777583943680_n.jpg

Oh, and I suck at taking photos, specifically when they're of things that's on paper. So, apologies for that, hahaha. Anyways, feedback and/or criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Camille_

Oct 26, 2017
AngoulĂŞme, France
I have a challenge for you, though it's silly for me to say so since I'm so far behind.

Your art is obviously very practiced and professional, but one thing I notice is that your heroines sometimes have similar poses, the sort of pose you'd expect from an action adventure videogame. If you want to try something outside your comfort zone, try a few poses as unorthodox as you can think of -- laughing, chilling on a chair or vehicle, looking skeptical, repairing something.

Point taken - though admittedly, one of my goals with this was to practice "dynamic action poses", since I feel I have so much to learn yet on that front. I did attempt a few calmer ones, like Chloe, Gobbet, Kumatora, Kathy, Latha and Lexi (along with today's Max), but they're not exactly unorthodox either, and it's true my choices do tend to default towards more standard actiony stuff lately. I'll see what I can do about that moving forward, I already have a few planned on that note.

For now, here's today's: Max Lao, from Technobabylon. Couldn't manage to get a properly clean scan this time for some reason, so the right part is a bit muddled, sorry :-/

23_by_pehesse-dbs5zvd.png

Oct 25, 2017
Full October album through the 18th: https://imgur.com/a/veVFq

Posting some of my early October art to catch up (I believe the new forum doesn't require quoting for images; please correct me if I am mistaken):

For October 13:
abbtdmte8kll.png

For October 14:
y71gmkj1mkgt.png

For October 15:
wr3285zlkjh2.png

For October 16:
apppwu3exk4g.png

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, here are two new ones from today. I copied the lines upside down in pencil, and then inked looking at the drawing right side up.

Reproduction of cartoon dog drawing from The Illusion of Life, art for Inktober 10/19/2017, about 25 minutes.
2017_10_19dsj0o.png

Reproduction of cartoon dwarf drawing from The Illusion of Life, art for Inktober 10/20/2017, about 50 minutes.
2017_10_20kkkm5.png

I'm not sure why the dwarf was so difficult, but it was getting VERY late at night by the end and that probably didn't help me stay in the proper mental groove.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Day 16, Fat.

DNa9aBdWsAAZ804.png

I really didn't know what to do with this one.

Thanks! I do use some felt tip pens, typically Microns or Staedlers. I used prismacolor warm grey markers for the greys. Not familiar with Tria pens and blenders. Do you use them?
Ha yeah, I meant markers, sorry. We sometimes use the same word for felt tip pens and markers in french, and I chose the wrong translation.

And to answer your question: I used to do greys with Tria markers, but they were horribly expensive. Fantastic to use on the right paper though. I should try some Prismacolor. I've been missing that stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Day 16, Fat.

DNa9aBdWsAAZ804.png

I really didn't know what to do with this one.

Ha yeah, I meant markers, sorry. We sometimes use the same word for felt tip pens and markers in french, and I chose the wrong translation.

And to answer your question: I used to do greys with Tria markers, but they were horribly expensive. Fantastic to use on the right paper though. I should try some Prismacolor. I've been missing that stuff.
Ah gotcha, yeah markers are super expensive. Theres supposed to be a way to refill prismacolor and copic markers cheaply. I need to look into that as a few of mine are beginning to fade. Dope piece btw

Last night's Inktober piece
Virgo Shaka from Saint Seiya. "The Man Closest to God"

DNekpTgVAAEpYqi.jpg

OP
OP
XaviConcept

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Ah gotcha, yeah markers are super expensive. Theres supposed to be a way to refill prismacolor and copic markers cheaply. I need to look into that as a few of mine are beginning to fade. Dope piece btw
They tend to fade pretty quickly. This was infuriating when I was an art student: we tore through these markers at a frightening rate.

And thanks! I really like you made the metal rendering in your Saint Seiya piece.

Markers are free in Photoshop! ;) ;)
Speaking of PS, did you guys see that every. single. brush by Kyle Webster is now free for anyone with a CC account? His packs were getting pirated to oblivion and I loved how he just went "hey you know what? Fuck piracy." and signed a deal with Adobe to make them available to everyone.

Hey I like that line.

DM_Uselink

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I wasn't terribly productive this inktober, but here are my submissions for this month, in order of completion (sorry for posting so many pictures):

Swaptober Thanos:

Ann Takamaki, aka, Panther, from Persona 5:

Ryuji Sakamoto, aka, Skull, from Persona 5:

Rey and BB-8:

Haru Okumura, aka, Noir, from Persona 5:

Frog, from Chrono Trigger (one of my favorite games of all time!):

2B from Nier: Automata:

Black Panther:

Robo, from Chrono Trigger:

I haven't been able to draw more this month, but I'm hoping I can finish my intended piece for tonight to end off Inktober!

Camille_

Oct 26, 2017
AngoulĂŞme, France
Here's a new one for Blizzard's challenge, with a quieter than usual Nadine Ross!

2017_latektober_vg_heroines_abc___n_for_nadine_by_pehesse-dbsde00.png

(I see everyone quoting their images now - is that how we should proceed from now on?)

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I only quoted mine because the images were so huge I didn't want to spam the page with gigantic pics!

Oct 25, 2017
I finished this up last night. It took... some time
VqzUSVb.jpg

Markers are free in Photoshop! ;) ;)

Great Saint Seiya piece, takes me back to my childhood
Haha that they are! Im mostly digital outside of inktober but I was really interested in trying to see what I could get done with markers.

They tend to fade pretty quickly. This was infuriating when I was an art student: we tore through these markers at a frightening rate.

And thanks! I really like you made the metal rendering in your Saint Seiya piece.
Thanks, been trying to use dry brushes for texture. Seems to work well enough!

Speaking of PS, did you guys see that every. single. brush by Kyle Webster is now free for anyone with a CC account? His packs were getting pirated to oblivion and I loved how he just went "hey you know what? Fuck piracy." and signed a deal with Adobe to make them available to everyone.

Hey I like that line.
The Kyle Webster brushes thing is cool. So many people flipped shit. They came off as entitled imo. His brushes were always super affordable and dude deserves to make money on a deal like that.

Camille_

Oct 26, 2017
AngoulĂŞme, France
No rule about it, up to you :)

Okay, thanks :-) I'll leave them unquoted for now, and if that's an issue, well, I'll change my evil ways :-D

Nice, I feel more relaxed already!

Haha, I hope you do - and what about this next one?

I only quoted mine because the images were so huge I didn't want to spam the page with gigantic pics!

Fair enough - but I had a spot of trouble seeing them on mobile, which is too bad as they're all pretty ace!

I finished this up last night. It took... some time
VqzUSVb.jpg

Dang, this looks fantastic, I'm in awe.
I've been sticking to my single brush pen to try to learn one single tool at a time, but seeing all this marker and thinner tip work is making me itch to use some!

For now, here's the next heroine in the series:

26_by_pehesse-dbsh08x.png

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
It was fun to see ART-GAF's contributions for this Inktober. My personal goal was to not just hoard my sketches but to make a little book with them for family and friends. Thanks again Raging Spaniard for continuing this thread from the other side.

FWbz7pS.jpg