• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
A California family is asking FedEx to make changes to their delivery process, claiming their small Yorkshire terrier was crushed and severely injured by a package this week, forcing them to euthanize the pet.
According to KCAL9, a local CBS-affiliate, Venice residents Keiko Napier and Mitchell Galin allege they found their 4-pound dog, Cooper, suffering from multiple injuries after a FedEx delivery driver threw a large package over their fence, and the box landed on the sunbathing pup.
"So I immediately picked up the box, and Cooper was in a puddle of blood," Galin told the outlet.

"We extend our deepest sympathies to Ms. Napier and Mr. Galin regarding the recent loss of their beloved dog Cooper. FedEx Ground understands the importance of people's pets in their lives and deeply regrets the pain that this has caused the family. We are working directly with those involved to address concerns, including covering Cooper's veterinary bills. The security of our customers' shipments is a top priority and all service providers contractually agree to handle packages with the utmost care. We continue to review the circumstances behind this unfortunate accident and are committed to taking the appropriate action to prevent this from happening again," FedEx representative Meredith Miller told PEOPLE in a statement.

However, Napier told KCAL9 that they need to do more than just look into what happened.
"I feel they need to say they're going to institute a corporate-wide mandate that drivers cannot throw packages; that's what I want to hear."

I can't imagine going through this. It's bad enough that they seem to be ok with treating your packages that way, but throwing items heavy enough to cause damage?

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I can't wrap my mind around a delivery person tossing a package into the yard like that.

I don't know what I'd do if this happened to me. It certainly wouldn't be good.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
This is terrible.

There is enough video evidence out there to prove that deliveries being thrown is an issue that needs addressing.

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, bad luck that it hit the dog :( 4 lbs is super tiny doggo, poor thing. The package may not have even been that big.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Had a UPS driver chuck a package into my yard while I was at home. Opened the door and he sheepishly said he didn't think anyone was there. Did he knock? No. Just assumed. The packaged was a laptop that turned out to not work! I wonder why? Maybe because it had been chucked over a fence.

My sympathies for this family and their loss.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
This is how you turn people into John Wick. Can't imagine what those owners are going through

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
With the increase of home security cameras you'd think package delivery companies would have policies to hopefully avoid footage like this getting onto the internet.

82Bs1DB.gif

Especially after this footage became a thing years ago, you'd think FedEx would institute policies to discourage this behavior. But nope, it doesn't seem they put any new policies in place and now a dog is dead.

Ethical Hedonism

Permanent ban for creating alt account to troll.
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FedEx doesn't have a rule enforcing against it because it keeps drivers delivering packages quickly.

Faster delivery = more packages for each driver to deliver = more pressure on drivers to deliver ASAP = less drivers to pay for to deliver the same amount of packages

I'm sure some actuary actually calculated the $ on this

Last edited:

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Must have been something heavy in that package.

Ouch

There are a number of things really heavy you could drop over a fence without damaging them. A box of 8.5 x 11 paper for example. Would probably survive the fall, and they're really heavy.

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
With the increase of home security cameras you'd think package delivery companies would have policies to hopefully avoid footage like this getting onto the internet.

82Bs1DB.gif

Especially after this footage became a thing years ago, you'd think FedEx would institute policies to discourage this behavior. But nope, it doesn't seem they put any new policies in place and now a dog is dead.
These companies don't care about their drivers and just want to make profit. Hell the major US shipping company I used to work for doesn't even have fans/ac for drivers which is amazing for those days when it gets to 110F.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Do Not Create: Shock Threads

These are threads about news or content that is just disgusting and/or shocking, with little potential for discussion other than outrage. Nobody gains anything from these threads and you should not make them.

Status
Not open for further replies.