• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
They're still probably playing around with ideas and animations in levels with no textures or artwork. This game is still some years out, I'd imagine. 2021/22 maybe.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
So, they have at least a very primitive playable concept. That's good news already.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
That means they have a prototype, you know, something that can be created in the first week of development (obviously with just everything with black boxes). As others said its not really significant news.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
So you mean they're actually making a game instead of just travelling around and taking pictures at parties? Megaton if true

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I'm most hyped for this team's game. It's supposedly influenced by Nolan's Interstellar. They have so much senior talent... I think (hope) they will blow us away with their design.

Ohri-Jin

Banned
Jul 11, 2019
The Netherlands
So they have their own engine as well etc.?
I am curious what they will bring to the table. This is the only new studio Microsoft has that is built from the ground up and not tied to any existing IP.

They could work on a tech demo first.

Hope they go in a direction far away from fps gaas or 3rd person gaas.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
So they have their own engine as well etc.?
I am curious what they will bring to the table. This is the only new studio Microsoft has that is built from the ground up and not tied to any existing IP.

They could work on a tech demo first.

Hope they go in a direction far away from fps gaas or 3rd person gaas.

I expect it to be an action adventure not only because of Darrel Gallagher being responsible for Tomb Raider games but mainly because this is the genre MS doesn't contribute much to.