• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Chrome Car was great. This helps to push the idea that
this is basically Tulip's way in dealing with her parent's divorce and the impact that has had on her mentally.

Ball pit tho...I think I need a moment...
I kinda believe that the original intent was to actually kill Atticus but they weren't allowed to. he'll probably be back
I could see that, but it does point to where the other creatures from episode came from

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chrome Car was great. This helps to push the idea that
this is basically Tulip's way in dealing with her parent's divorce and the impact that has had on her mentally.
essentially doing the same thing Over the Garden Wall did would diminish the impact of things, I think. hell, I'd rather they'd leave it open as to if it was real or not

OtGW sorta did that, but was more explicit about things

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
essentially doing the same thing Over the Garden Wall did would diminish the impact of things, I think. hell, I'd rather they'd leave it open as to if it was real or not

OtGW sorta did that, but was more explicit about things
OtGW was more overcoming your own anxiety and awkwardness as you start to grow up mixed with a near death experience. Infinity Train seems to be hitting on the same framing, but the issues and reasons for them are completely different. That said, it would be better if the Train were real and catered directly to Tulip specifically instead of it being all in her mind.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit, did not expect either of these episodes to take the turns they did.

At first I thought this was going to be entirely about the reflection/Metal Tulip but then it swerved into fucking blade runner. wasn't expecting that at all from the onset and the world building in the Chrome Car is so neat and unexpected. One of the best episodes so far.

I should have expected this to take the swerve it did given that it's placed at the latter end of the series, but them killing Atticus then revealing uh oh, way worse fate was legitimately dark and heartbreaking, especially knowing now that the conductor is just straight up the main villain now. the steward is such an imposing villain but the conductor straight up shook me given that i had no idea they were both going around the train but also was responsible for the villains overall. i fully expect atticus to be back by tommorow but like, wow this took a turn.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EBefNOcUIAAABF5.jpg:small

this picture foreshadows both episodes really well ahaha, thats so cruel :(

the mirror on the ice cream shop foreshadows the focus of chrome car and tulip feeding atticus the ice cream and drawing specific attention to him and what he means to tulip is heartbreaking when you consider his fate in the ball pit car :<

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
tumblr_pvy4odg5OF1v4j5emo1_540.gif

feel-good photos taken moments before disaster
tumblr_pvxzmuUfKn1r3nw1vo1_540.jpg

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, that's some good old despair there. Exactly what I was looking for.

"The Chrome Car" with Reflection Tulip reminded me a lot of Celeste's Bad Madeline (Badeline), especially with how the two reach an understanding.

And in "The Ball Pit Car",
I assumed something bad would happen to Atticus since that's the best way to despair, but I didn't think he'd be killed off. Especially since this is still a show kids are expected to watch. But I was wondering how they'd get around the fact that he was shot point blank. Then jeez, fate worse than death.

Makes you wonder if the residents of the train were always cockroach dogs and the conductor just turned Atticus back to his original state, or if they did actually turn Atticus into one.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Atticus is looking a bit under the weather, but otherwise fine

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
the infinity train sequel will be about Chrome Tulip's adventures

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017

tumblr_pvzjyfcuKa1sp2r7fo1_540.png

reminder that CN will air all previously run episodes back-to-back before the finale starting at 5:30PM ET/PT

Last edited:

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am VERY satisfied with that ending. I'm glad they didn't do what OtGW did and even how they didn't 100% redeem Amelia. I also like how there's still a mystery about the train that was never solved. not everything needs to be explained. and the lack of a mirror of Tulip was rather interesting. if there's another season, I assume it will still be a short one like this.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else notice that

Tulip's reflection was missing in the mirror?

What a neat touch.

Happy about the ending. It stuck the landing.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not entirely certain that was a season 2 tease. it could have been a cut to commercial sort of thing

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
The only thing I'm disappointed by is
them glossing over Tulip coming back home. Like she was apparently gone for months and they never say that time moves differently in the train. It would have been nice to see her family and friends' reactions to her missing and coming back.

nanhacott

Technical artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Without spoiling anything: can I watch this with my 5-year-old? They love She-Ra, Hilda, Voltron. Does this head into any dark / scary territory, or is it a pretty kid-friendly affair?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I'm disappointed by is
them glossing over Tulip coming back home. Like she was apparently gone for months and they never say that time moves differently in the train. It would have been nice to see her family and friends' reactions to her missing and coming back.
I think it's more that time barely moved when she got back since the train is supernatural and all

Without spoiling anything: can I watch this with my 5-year-old? They love She-Ra, Hilda, Voltron. Does this head into any dark / scary territory, or is it a pretty kid-friendly affair?
it'sl like those late 90s movies like Brave Little Toaster and shit. a little less intense than that. the last couple of episodes might shock her though, but it's still within her age range. it is rated TV-PG though

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I say that people underestimate what 5 year olds can handle. There's some light spooks in it, but nothing a kid shouldn't be able to handle.

On the topic of the end though that was pretty great. I'd say Cat Car and Chrome Car are my favorite episodes but the finale was a good ending to Tulip's journey.

Here's to more cars and more adventures in the future.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Holy shit the final two episodes were real good. Very happy with not only how they handled the wrap up of the series, but alot of new elements I wasn't expecting.
The Amelia reveal that she was the conductor and why was heartbreaking. The understand of what you are running away from, why, and the resolve to face it ends up being what gets you off the train. One One being the conductor of the train. Tulip being without her reflection at the end pointing to the Train being a real entity in some sort of parallel universe.

Now, to speculate on season 2, you could easily make Infinity Train an anthology series based on the fact that there seems to be far more people on the train from the computer in the conductor's room. I do think tho, we'll get Amelia's resolution in the next season. We might even run into the other passengers since we know that is possible because Tulip and Amelia met. Either way, I'm looking forward to whatever they decide to do next.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good finale

figured atticus coming back would happen and be kind of a major focus but i think the way they did it didn't feel like a total cop out at least. the conductor being 1-1 isnt something exactly i called but hey that was a fun reveal. amelia kind of lost some bark as a villain but i thought she was an effective mirror to tulip for this.

lot of lingering questions- as to why 1-1 was able to control the memory scape like that (and i honestly thought i heard his voice from amelia's husband so is it a situation where his consciousness was transferred into the orb?) but i liked how it wrapped up a lot while keeping a lot open. the actual mystery of infinity train is still out there to theorize about and what not.

metal/chrome tulip i imagine will pop up in next season- although i think tulip's story here is done and they're gonna do a new kid instead with a new group of characters. they could bring tulip back but i imagine owen specifically only had about 10 episodes worth of ideas for tulip considering how thrown together the original pilot was and there's not much more for tulip to grow from. besides that, we saw all those other pictures on the train and other passengers can meet other passengers as seen with amelia and tulip.

really interested to see where they go with this if the tease is true (which... it 100% is, they never referred to it as a mini-series and owen let it slip they finished the first 10 episodes, plus that clip has new dialogue from 1-1 that isnt used anywhere else) because if im correct and they make the next season another adventure with a new cast but set in the same universe, it'd be pretty much unlike anything thats been broadcast before on cartoon network or any cartoon in general. tight narratives delivered in 10 episodes set in a universe where the writers can set up any number of settings that they want and have it achieve an complete and complex character arc? sounds really good to me.

i wasn't expecting to like this as much as i did. i figured some part of it wouldn't live up to the hype and stayed cautiously optimistic and was worried about how rough the first episode was but it ended up being a really great little series with it promising to expand in a possibly crazy new direction.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worth pointing out, in the AMA today is was stated that time moves the same on the train and on Earth.

Given she was gone for "months", there's a lot that happened back on Earth that we didn't see. Search parties, parents panicking, the reunion, etc. Owen and team clearly didn't see it necessary to elaborate on what happens when she returns, because that's not what's important to her story. Tulip's story was about accepting that her parents may be divorced, and yes that changes things, but it's something she can accept. What happens when she gets back, most likely a tearful reunion, overjoyed parents, and them actually sitting down and talking about it, which Tulip refused to do before. Which leads to the far happier and healthier relationship between Tulip and her parents we see in the ending. I am EXTREMELY satisfied with this ending. Enough questions were answered that my curiosity is satiated, while enough mysteries remained that I am excited for the next season. An excellent show by Owen and the team, and I cannot wait for more.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
At first I was unsure about the direction they were going with Amelia, and really, I'm still not fully satisfied with her as an antagonist, but they pulled things off with her well enough, in particular through the fact that we didn't learn everything about the Train and how she was doing what she was doing.

So there isn't anything particularly special about the cockroach dog form, but now we know for a fact that most of the denizens of the train cars are artificial beings created by the orbs that can have their forms changed arbitrarily. Or at least that's what I'm getting from the fact that a corgi orb exists. So yay, Atticus's transformation still raises existential questions!

Nice twist that the person we thought was being disintegrated in the first episode was actually going home safely.

Glad to see that Tulip is still without a reflection, showing that the events on the Train really did happen.

So the Train. It goes around collecting mopey people then forces them to go through a gauntlet until they decide to face their problems, but it also doesn't seem to particularly care if they ever do that. So it's caring but also uncaring. The biggest dangers were the ones introduced by Amelia, as far as I can tell, so perhaps the cars made specifically by One-One aren't meant to be dangerous. Still, one wonders what One-One is trying to do with this train, if he even knows.

Given that it's been confirmed that the Train doesn't alter time and Tulip really was gone for months, it's weird that we didn't see her reunite with her parents. I get that that would take up a lot of time and that we didn't really need to see it, but it would have easily have been avoided by just saying the Train alters time. Though I suppose with the confirmation of more episodes coming, they wanted to keep that fact about time consistent for when it's relevant to later events.

Overall, this was a great miniseries. The characters were charming, though some of the jokes missed the mark, and I enjoyed the dramatic bits. I'm already streaming it for PonyEra, and I expect to watch it again outside of that with other people.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
you know I really like the idea of infinity train being an anthology series following a bunch of people's personal journeys

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Sat down and marathoned all of it. Really loved it, like a lot. I have a few small issues with it, and I think the show could've been a little creepier or stranger at points, but i loved what they accomplished and this easily is going to shoot to somewhere higher up on my favorite cartoons list. I already want to rewatch it and pick up on more things I probably didn't the first time, so that's a great sign.

I think they did a really good job deciding where to focus their efforts on, and delivered some great messages in fantastic ways. And it's entertaining all the way through.

Since it's confirmed Infinity Train is returning, I'm not really sure what I want a follow-up series to deal with, but I'll stay open minded as I really loved this and trust the team to deliver.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
One-One is conductor so we're all doomed.

hmmm wonder if we're gonna follow any of the passengers shown on the computer

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
going with someone completely new and unconnected to Tulip's story (and the people shown within) would be the best option. hell, go with a different time period like the past or something