• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the community thread for Cartoon Network's latest miniseries Infinity Train!

D_NUX9OXoAAT6vi.jpg:large

Infinity Train is a ten episode Cartoon Network miniseries from the mind of Owen Dennis who formerly worked on the acclaimed series Regular Show. Originally released as a short on Cartoon Network's YouTube channel back in November of 2016. Cartoon Network confirmed it as a full series in March 2018 and released a teaser confirming that Infinity Train would be a series and would premiere in 2019.

Plot Summary
Infinity Train follows the story of a young girl from Minnesota named Tulip as she attempts to escape from a mysterious train full of different traps, dangers, and even different dimensions. To get off the train Tulip will have to rely on her wits and the new friends she makes on the train, One-One the robot and Atticus the talking corgi king.

Characters
Tulip Olsen(VA: Ashley Johnson)

latest

Tulip Olsen is the main character of Infinity Train. She is a twelve year old girl from Minnesota who lives with her mother and separately from her father due to her parent's recent divorce. After her parents are forced to break a promise they made to her to bring her to a game design camp due to scheduling issues Tulip takes it upon herself to travel to the camp alone. She somehow ends up becoming trapped on the titular 'Infinity Train' and must somehow escape with her life.

Tulip is smart and technically savvy being able to solve complex coding problems at a fairly young age. She is a very logical person which causes her trouble when she attempts to figure out the mysteries of the train which contradicts all normal logic by its very nature. She has a goal focused attitude which can lead to her sounding selfish at times, but she will set her desires aside if the situation is dire.

One-One(VA: Owen Dennis(Sad-One), Jeremy Crutchley(Glad-One))

latest

One-One is a robot and the first companion Tulip meets on the Infinity Train. One-One has two distinct personalities, one pessimistic and sad, and one optimistic and chipper known as Sad-One and Glad-One. Sad-One is constantly pessimistic often stating a negative outcome for the next action that the group will take, but they sometimes say something that will inspire the others due to the surprising wisdom they can have at times. Glad-One is always optimistic and takes to everything with energy and positivity, they are so positive in fact that they lack almost any sense of self-preservation which can lead to putting themselves and the others in danger. Not much is known about One-One, but they have been on the train for their entire life and Tulip first encounters them as the head on a snow man in a winter car.

Atticus the Corgi King

Atticus is a Cardigan Welsh Corgi and the ruler of Corginia a kingdom of Corgis located in one of the cars on the Infinity Train. Atticus is brave and responsible and is always looking out for the good of his people. Despite having the intelligence of a human Atticus often acts like one would expect a dog to requesting things like belly rubs and struggling when Tulip tries to carry him over a river despite requesting that she does so in the first place.

Schedule
Infinity Train will air beginning Monday August 5th, 2019 through Friday August 9th, 2019 with two new episodes a night on Cartoon Network and run every weeknight at 7:30 p.m. eastern with the episodes being put on Cartoon Network's app and website soon after. Those who are unable to watch the rest of the week will be able to catch every episode on Friday August 9th, 2019 starting at 5:30 p.m. eastern.
An episode list has been compiled thanks to user Psxphile

Don't know if there's going to be an Infinity Train |OT| when the show officially premieres next next Monday, but the full schedule is out now so here's the list of episodes slated to air that week along with episode descriptions (spoiler-ed, naturally):

Monday, August 5th

The Grid Car

Tulip, a headstrong 13-year-old girl, finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.

The Beach Car

Tulip strikes a deal with a cat in an attempt to get home, but is the price worth it?

Tuesday, August 6th

The Corgi Car

Tulip and One-One explore a car full of Corgis and face off against a mysterious monster.

The Crystal Car

Tulip, Atticus and One-One enter a crystal forest car and have to take part in a musical ritual.

Wednesday, August 7th

The Cat's Car

Tulip has to face her past.

The Unfinished Car

The gang enters an unfinished train car and tries to fix it.

Thursday, August 8th

The Chrome Car

The gang meets a familiar face in a mirrored car.

The Ball Pit Car

The gang is confronted by a strange new force on a Ball Pit Car adventure.

Friday, August 9th

The Past Car

Tulip takes a risk trusting an old foe.

The Engine

Tulip makes it to the front of the train and is faced with a choice.

Cartoon Network is also going to rerun every aired episode on Friday night right before the final two starting at 5:30PM ET/PT, so you can binge it all in one day if you're willing to wait until then.

Where to watch
Infinity Train will be able to be watched on Cartoon Network's cable channel.
It will also be available to watch on any streaming service that hosts Cartoon Network as an option such as Playstation Vue or Sling TV.

Infinity Train will also be put on Cartoon Network's website soon after the episodes air: https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/infinity-train/index.html?atclk_hp=hpg_emptyvalueincma___hero
Edit: Infinity Train is now available to purchase via online retailers
https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/infinity-train-vol-1/id1471042292
https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Infinity_Train?id=wqYfDGTBbZfPF4zh6hFmCA
https://www.amazon.com/The-Chrome-C...nfinity+train&qid=1565623295&s=gateway&sr=8-5

Spoiler Policy
All leaks must be tagged until the episode in question has aired on television. Official episode previews may be discussed with no spoiler tags. Episodes may be openly discussed as soon as they air on television, and a threadmark will be added to the beginning of discussion on an episode at a later date. Please be mindful of your discussions in other topics not centered around this show as many people will not be caught up and may be avoiding this thread until they are able to watch the episodes.

Please be respectful in your discourse and most importantly have fun while you're here!

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the best way to watch this in the UK? Been looking forward to this since the original short.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the best way to watch this in the UK? Been looking forward to this since the original short.
Not sure, if you can't watch on their website or if they're not showing it on tv your best bet will probably be to purchase it on itunes or something when it comes out on there

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this. I liked the new first episode more than the pilot, and I liked the pilot just fine.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Just a bit of a reminder that the episodes start at 7:30 eastern tonight, but there will also be a showing on CN west at 7:30 pacific if you don't have an east coast feed available.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
beginnings are always pretty rough but i like this a lot so far, looking forward to the rest

Everyday Math

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just here cause I did a double take at my city being in the title of a thread lol. That's a first.

Glad I did tho, cause this look relevantly intreasting.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yesssss it's finally here. First two episodes were very promising. Can't wait to find out more about the number, and also what is this train?? Obviously it's not infinitely long, but... where the heck is it? Where is it going? What is its purpose?

There were some very obvious points where they established how Tulip is going to grow throughout the series (her parents' divorce, her "work before fun" attitude). I hope they pull it off.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Like I mentioned, I liked the first episode when it aired earlier. Second episode was just alright. I'm kind of surprised they didn't just cover the material from the pilot in the second episode (promos showed they're going to redo that story).

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to watch them. Got a feeling that's not the last we've seen of the cat.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I liked this quite a bit. Will probably rewatch the first two with our middle child tomorrow before watching the next two.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Hm...
tumblr_pvskb21Fo01v4j5emo1_540.png

cute
tumblr_pvskgnPreH1v4j5emo1_540.gif

was that Kate Mulgrew as the cat? Also I'm seeing theories that the number on Tulip's hand may correspond to her bouts of selfishness vs. when she's being selfless.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this batch of episodes were alright- got a recreation of the pilot and a fun episode with a crystal guy

interested to see whats next

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Okay, so the new episodes were real good. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm glad they went with the miniseries approach.

Word Up was a big highlight. Too bad we missed the
Kambucha car

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
stupid roadtrips with families are precious memories, don't underestimate the emotional impact of dumb catchy song

also Atticus is great

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I liked these two episodes. The remake of the pilot was better than the original, I suppose in part due to it not having to set up the premise. And Tulip's attempts at singing were cute.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
didnt' realize the crew were pimpin' the show on twitter

EBZlKo9U8AADTaG.jpg:small

older stuff:

EBPou0vVUAIcQ57.jpg:small

EBUqO0KU0AATH1o.jpg:small

EBO3bGnU0AA8I5i.jpg:small

EBV3cTNU4AE6cq7.jpg:small

Last edited:
OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
That divorce scene was really impactful

Oct 29, 2017
Idk some of the wrighting when tulip was talking to oneone felt kinda forced, otherwise it was very good. Interested to see what ends up happening with the cat showing up again.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
This was a really strong set of episodes. Hoping for some good old zetsubou in the upcoming episodes.

I did think it was strange that Tulip is established as going through great pains to find a pattern in all this yet she someone doesn't put one and one together to get that One-One has some connection to the train itself and the Conductor.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a really strong set of episodes. Hoping for some good old zetsubou in the upcoming episodes.

I did think it was strange that Tulip is established as going through great pains to find a pattern in all this yet she someone doesn't put one and one together to get that One-One has some connection to the train itself and the Conductor.
she kind of stopped caring about the mystery overall as of the episode before this, i guess she figures that trusting the way forward than questioning it is the best way to go about it? shes actively covering the hand with a glove and is ignoring if her number changes or not

i feel like she was also more concerned with one-one acting strangely than if they had anything to do with the connection to the train or conductor- her priorities seem to be very tunnelled which is good in some situations and bad in others; since theyve established she will in fact, try the same solution until literally forced to take another path towards the answer, i dont feel like its too out of character for her to not immediately put a hypothesis about one-one's behavior. i think she noted it but she doesn't really seem too concerned about a pattern because there really wasn't anything to set off one-one's behavior specifically.

Last edited:

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Two very strong episodes tonight, both focused on completely different aspects of the journey.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Reflection Tulip. That was really cool. This show has so many interesting things going on, I am endlessly fascinated by this train.

OP
OP
Morlas

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
well shit, another good couple of episodes

poor Atticus though

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda believe that the original intent was to actually kill Atticus but they weren't allowed to. he'll probably be back