• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Just a short teaser, but a very exciting confirmation. The creator seemed pretty convinced the show was dead in the water, so having confirmation of at least one more season is fantastic.

If you haven't hopped on Infinity Train - give it a watch. Even if you're not usually a fan of YA animation - the world building is truly unlike anything else I've seen in recent years. Brilliant universe, very charming characters, and a commitment to constant reinvention.

Longline for Book Four from the press release -

Infinity Train: Book Four – Two old friends must explore the inner puzzles of the Infinity Train – and their relationship – in order to return home, together. Infinity Train: Book Four is created by Owen Dennis and produced by Cartoon Network Studios.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Nice, I've only seen the first season so far but it was disappointing to hear it may have been canceled.

Anyone know the best way to watch it in Canada? I bought the first season on Google Play but the remainder doesn't seem to be on Crave (like some HBO Max stuff). Or I just missed it.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
I've been bracing for the show to get cancelled for months so this is a really pleasant surprise

Bus-TEE

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I've heard nothing but good things about this show so I really should make a point of checking it out at some point.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
"Short teaser"

oh the video is 2 minutes, what's up with that.

... what the? Huh. Well, looking forward to more Infinity Train.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
given what the creator said, I'm guessing this may or may not be the last season. either way, the fact it even got more than one is amazing

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The best we can do to increase the possibility of more Infinity Train being made is to just engage with the show. If you want to see more after this I encourage you to recommend it to whoever you can.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I thought S3 would be the last, so this is great news. But it does sound like this is it - the creator mentioned the crew disbanding. But maybe if this season does well we will luck out. But anyways, I'm just glad we get another season, even if this is the last. This show is incredible.

Edit: surprised the season isn't about Amelia. Wonder if she will show up.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
So exciting! The idea of ending where we did with Grace was TERRIBLE. Im so glad we get to see this train keep rolling.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
oh so all teh doom and gloom was wrong, rad
Not exactly.

Basically, Infinity Train is aired as 10 episode books, but the seasons are actually 20 episodes. The studio that animated Infinity Train on their website have in their credits that they animated Season 1 of Infinity Train (20 episodes), Infinity Train shorts (3 episodes, but was cut into shorts, the One-One shorts between Book 1 & 2), and Season 2 (20 episodes).

Season 1 was Book 1 & 2 with 10 episodes each. Season 2 we've seen 10 episodes (Book 3), but the 10 episodes the studio animated which were unaccounted for were for Book 4. Book 1 & 2 were in production at the same time, as were Books 3 & 4. It seems after Season 2 (Books 3 & probably 4) the stuff has shut down.

The shows creator tried to get ahead of this announcement for this very reason. Outwardly it may appear the show is still going, all is good, but behind the scenes, the show seeminlgy has been cancelled and production completely stopped, team is no longer together. Season 3, aka Books 5 & 6, were never greenlit.

According to the creators, the ideal would be to have 8 books, they planned the series as an 8-book series (aka 4 Seasons). It may not receive that as production past Season 2 (Books 3 & 4) has come to a close for now. The hope is Book 4 does really well and they order another season.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Not exactly.

Basically, Infinity Train is aired as 10 episode books, but the seasons are actually 20 episodes. The studio that animated Infinity Train on their website have in their credits that they animated Season 1 of Infinity Train (20 episodes), Infinity Train shorts (3 episodes, but was cut into shorts, the One-One shorts between Book 1 & 2), and Season 2 (20 episodes).

Season 1 was Book 1 & 2 with 10 episodes each. Season 2 we've seen 10 episodes (Book 3), but the 10 episodes the studio animated which were unaccounted for were for Book 4. Book 1 & 2 were in production at the same time, as were Books 3 & 4. It seems after Season 2 (Books 3 & probably 4) the stuff has shut down.

The shows creator tried to get ahead of this announcement for this very reason. Outwardly it may appear the show is still going, all is good, but behind the scenes, the show seeminlgy has been cancelled and production completely stopped, team is no longer together. Season 3, aka Books 5 & 6, were never greenlit.

According to the creators, the ideal would be to have 8 books, they planned the series as an 8-book series (aka 4 Seasons). It may not receive that as production past Season 2 (Books 3 & 4) has come to a close for now. The hope is Book 4 does really well and they order another season.
oh boo. show is so good.

hbo should just greenlight it and bring back the vneture bros.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly.

:(

Naed1993

Dec 25, 2017
I really need to get on this show, I remember watching the pilot when that came out and really being interested in seeing more.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly.

Yea we're still pretty much likely boned, but at least we get to finish the "2nd season"

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo Direct, Rush Limbaugh's death, new Re: Zero episode, and now this, man today is a good day

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of those shows that I've never watched because everything about it looks like exactly like something I would want to make and I can't stand it

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Cartoon Network cartoons have certainly evolved in an interesting way. I'll check this show out at some point.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Nice, I've only seen the first season so far but it was disappointing to hear it may have been canceled.

Anyone know the best way to watch it in Canada? I bought the first season on Google Play but the remainder doesn't seem to be on Crave (like some HBO Max stuff). Or I just missed it.
Unfortunately, there isn't a good legal way to watch it in Canada right now. Or outside the US in general.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This is awesome news. I really thought the third season would be the show's last. I've enjoyed each season, and the show keeps getting better with each new story it tells. I'm really happy with this news.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, Rush Limbaugh died AND Infinity Train gets renewed on the same day? Must be my birthday.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god is this the best animated kids show ever? This is incredible
It quickly became one of my favorite cartoons of all time, and it's actually impressive how it progressively gets more complex but thoughtful and compelling. It has a wonderful blend of colorful, creative "worlds" in the train cars, an over-arcing sci-fi world those fit in with some seriously interesting world building over the course of the Books, but the real meat and potatoes of the show is its characters & conflicts, the show tells some of the most compelling character stories I've ever seen in a cartoon. Some of what it tackles is very surprising, but even more surprising how well and nuanced they tackle it.

I legitimately think it is one of the best cartoons that has ever been produced, but that makes it even more sad that likely unless the series gets a lot of attention with Book 4, likely Book 4 is the last season we're getting (the creators have commented they penned and planned the series as an 8-book series, the ideal for them would be able to have 8 books to tell their story).

Oct 29, 2017
I like the format of this show a lot. It really let's it grow.

For instance, I didn't like the protagonist of season 1, but thought the characters from season 2 and 3 were fantastic. Overall season 1 sort of feels like a pilot, but for all the episodes, rough around the edges. Later seasons build on top of what the previous brought but are allowed to have different tone, and they have gotten progressively more thought provoking.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the format of this show. I didn't like the protagonist of season 1, but thought the characters from season 2 were fantastic. Overall season 1 sort of feels like a pilot, but for all the epi, rough around the edges.
I do think Book 1 is the weakest of the three, but I still think it's rather great in a lot of ways. There's still very good episodes, and I think it's a great introduction to the world of the show. It does establish a lot of things, and I actually did like Tulip. But I do agree that MT/Jesse and Grace/Simon have much more complex, engaging character arcs.

I think MT/Jesse are the most overall likable, but Grace/Simon have one of the most complex & well executed character arcs I've seen in a cartoon. not really made to be "likable", but very compelling.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Yeah, this deserves its own thread instead of a bump to an odd niche thread for Book 4 of IT's trailer, at least bump the Infinity Train OT instead.

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
seeing all the privated youtube videos in this thread is heartbreaking all over again