• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
Can someone explain to me exactly how this looks bad? I was expecting something truly awful looking at the replies here but instead it looks pretty good? Honestly.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Dragon Quest Infinity sTrash: It's About Slime Cel Shading Made a Comeback

That really didn't look good.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the Dai manga when I was younger. It deserves better, damn. I wouldn't mind if they just repurposed DQXI.

Oct 27, 2017
People only cared because they saw the "PS4" meta-tag.

It's the same song and dance with every new DQ game. Threads with new gameplay info will get less posts than threads talking about platforms and what not.

Yeah that's also my takeaway from the previous embarrassing (s)trash thread. The west mostly thumbs its nose at DQ, and people here don't actually care about it. They care insofar they can use one more title in their imaginary list wars or port beg grievances about games they're not gonna play.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
I for one am interested in that game, I don't think it looks that bad, I'm totally ok with the way it looks, and I like the ip and the genre, so, yeah, bring it on.
I just hope it will also release on switch otherwise I won't be able to play it...

Naphu

Apr 6, 2018
I like the 80's anime style character designs. Unique visual hook; which isn't something DQ usually has going for it.

The gameplay, on the other hand, looks like it's only for little babies. No way I'm playing that.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it looks as terrible as people are saying.

If the gameplay's fun that will be neat. If it gets online co-op ? Fire ! Doubt it though.

The cutscenes seem to have decent budget.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like it could be fun. I'm interested.

Phew at those kneejerk reactions though... I mean, try not to go too overboard shitting on the game until we've seen something a bit more substantial or it's actually confirmed it's only releasing on PS4 guys (It almost certainly won't be btw).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I will say that the only concerning part of the trailer is that attacks don't seem to stagger enemies whatsoever, which is always the absolute worst way to design hack and slashes.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fine to me. Has the DQXI aesthetic with clean lines and bright primary colors that evoke an animation cell look.

I guess people were hoping its a next-gen game? or maybe there were too many colors?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me exactly how this looks bad? I was expecting something truly awful looking at the replies here but instead it looks pretty good? Honestly.
Era's way too eager to be snarky, that's all. I thought it looked pretty fun, a different take on the franchise - almost had a DBZ Sagas feel to it (but you know, better looking/playing than Sagas obvi lol)

In regards to the name, I get what they were going for but surely they had to have known how easy it was to make fun of the name with Strash sounding like Trash. You're setting people up to make fun, Square, even if it's not trash.

Ovaryactor

Nov 20, 2018
Era's way too eager to be snarky, that's all. I thought it looked pretty fun, a different take on the franchise - almost had a DBZ Sagas feel to it (but you know, better looking/playing than Sagas obvi lol)

In regards to the name, I get what they were going for but surely they had to have known how easy it was to make fun of the name with Strash sounding like Trash. You're setting people up to make fun, Square, even if it's not trash.

Ya this looks pretty great for what I'm looking for but "strash"? Guess it gets us talking??

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
Eh It looks alright. Mediocre is def the right word. The characters translate well to 3d more than a lot of other games that have a similar artstyle so that's nice.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely like JRPGs titled as "action RPG" but I will keep an eye on this one, grew up with the old show and liking how this looks so far.

rokero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
the game looks good it'll look a lot better when they upload a direct feed video of it

lusca_bueno

Nov 23, 2017
The combat physics look really cheap from the footage, ROUGH. I'm legit playing a mobile game with better visual impact and responsiveness in the hit/attack animations.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Going by the graphics on display, it seems like the game's targetting the Switch (whether or not it gets ports for other, more powerful platforms).

If that's the case, I'm all in. The animation looks beautiful.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Yuck.

And it looks sooooooo sooo soo uninspired.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Avan strash as a move in jump force lol

Anyways this doesn't look hot

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I actually love the character design. Definitely gives a late 80s / early 90s anime vibe but brought through with a modern digital lens.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Not everything has to be FF7R guys.

Anyways. Was always curious about this story since I never managed to catch it on tv. Will also have to read the manga one of these days.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
I don't mind the look, it could work better if it had Toriyama art, DQ Music and turn based DQ battles maybe though.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
It looks fine but it's probably still pretty early. I was a bit excited when I saw a DQ arcade game but then disappointed to see it's another one of those AR card games that seem to be taking up too much space in Japanese arcades lately.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I really like this, its obviously not the highest budget game but as a kid who grew up with this show/manga, I NEVER thought it would be getting a game adaptation like this. Reading the comments on pg1 made me sad, tbh