• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I remembered the name "Infiltration" from past EVO events. Now I will only remember it for the racist piece of s*** he is.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Sanford complained about Marvel 3 being a bad game when a woman got a top 8. There's just not a lot of core FGC people that have grown imo, just hide stuff. As much as I think Yipes is the goat FGC entertainer just months ago on streams he was yelling Chris Brown! when a woman got hit. As for myself and my local scene I've been to several local and majors abroad with them and almost all of them are misogynist and racist. The one genuinely great player is getting bigger on Twitch and luckily one of the few good eggs.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
67b4zq2d0k091.png

Fchamp continues to be Fchump.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it absolutely hilarious your fchamps and Sanford Kelly's are so upset.

Nah yall just wish you could go back to the Wild West days of the FGC and say and do whatever the fuck your wanted.

Y'all wanted this to go mainstream so y'all could make money but you didn't "mature" at all.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I find it absolutely hilarious your fchamps and Sanford Kelly's are so upset.

Nah yall just wish you could go back to the Wild West days of the FGC and say and do whatever the fuck your wanted.

Y'all wanted this to go mainstream so y'all could make money but you didn't "mature" at all.

Fchump is the quintessential "I hang out with black people, I have black friends, I can say the N word" guy in the FGC. He is a dumbass

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I'm seeing people on twitter say that "Infiltration was only found guilty because he accepted a plea and fighting the case would've cost more"

First off, that says a LOT about him lmao, and secondly Infiltration won damn near every tournament for years and now doesn't have the money for a defense???

Ashilyn

Oct 27, 2017
Sanford Kelly going off on Twitter talking about not wanting to play in any tournaments for the rest of the year, saying the FGC is "soft"

First off you've retired like 3 times already...

"Soft", sure, and not "so many any of these people are in their mid 30s or older now, have learned better, and aren't doubling down publicly on shitty behaviour". It's like Undertaker calling modern wrestlers soft because the locker room isn't about knives and fights and insane kangaroo courts anymore. Literally the same stupid "I'm actually awful and can't grow up/get with the times" energy.

Like yeah, JWong and others I know used to say questionable shit. But you also publicly (and I stress that particular word, unfortunately) don't have as many of those people saying that dumb shit outloud anymore because, as awful as the FGC can be - and as a transwoman who used to be REALLY into the regional scene, I've seen some awful shit and it's a long road to saying the FGC is better now - as awful as the FGC can be, it HAS on average grown with it's older legacy players and it's more aware newer players.

So people pulling "whataboutisms" and "the community is soft now" can stuff it. Get with the times, it's not that hard.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm seeing people on twitter say that "Infiltration was only found guilty because he accepted a plea and fighting the case would've cost more"

First off, that says a LOT about him lmao, and secondly Infiltration won damn near every tournament for years and now doesn't have the money for a defense???

Not trying to defend Infiltration here, but FGC payouts are dogshit compared to esports at large. JWong has apparenly only won six figures throughout his entire career if numbers online are to be believed.

That being said, fuck Infiltration.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine equating hardness with domestic violence and saying racist shit.
Best not to bring up how people in the fgc also used to view women ans sexual harassment an stuff. There is still a long ways for the fgc to go, its getting better, but having to drag kicking and screaming these idiots to get there

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Sanford Kelly going off on Twitter talking about not wanting to play in any tournaments for the rest of the year, saying the FGC is "soft"

First off you've retired like 3 times already...

Santhrax has been completely irrelevant as a competitor for at least five years. It would be more of a demonstration if he actually SHOWED UP to a tournament, he's already been absent all this time.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The FGC has always come across as having really strong locker room/boy's club energy, especially back then. It's crazy seeing some people be so stuck in the past.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The FGC has always come across as having really strong locker room/boy's club energy, especially back then. It's crazy seeing some people be so stuck in the past.

It was a boys club. That wasn't just the energy, it was an actual sausage fest. Intentionally or not, dudes were gatekeeping the FGC in the grassroots era. Dudes are still gatekeeping now, but there's money involved and social media has a way of making things transparent, so they just can't get away with it as easily.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
lot of FGC talking heads want more money/growth in the scene, but don't want the responsibility that goes with obtaining that sort of growth into the scene

slowly but surely the overall scene is adapting to that new normal while the dinosaurs are being left in the past like they deserve

samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
lot of FGC talking heads want more money/growth in the scene, but don't want the responsibility that goes with obtaining that sort of growth into the scene

slowly but surely the overall scene is adapting to that new normal while the dinosaurs are being left in the past like they deserve
These things are not really related. All the other bigger scenes for different genres out there with whatever "responsibility for growth" even means also have abusers playing in them, muddying the waters, etc. lol.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
What's with notable FGC players acting like this is just a small street fighter gathering at your friends basement?
Atleast this will set an exemple to act as a decent human being.
They want the increased notoriety and fame without all of the other things that come with a scene getting bigger like this.

What a fucking man child. I haven't watched FGC events since SF4 was a thing, but I heard about the domestic violence case. Fuck this asshole. Domestic abuse is a huge predictor of a person being violent in general. And then there's the fact that the victim is another human being. Holy shit, man. I saw some bad shit when I was following the Vic case, but people excusing domestic violence is another low.

Also, his tweets just scream, "HALP, people are trying to hold me accountable for my actions and they're big meanies! 😭"

This is why you don't let abusers back in to a community. They'll just get worse the more their horrible behavior is excused.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Dickhead should've posted all his "Banned" screenshots and caption it with "Download Complete".

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Finally

It was awkward as fuck when he won EVO for SamSho and they basically had to pretend like it never happened lol
I remember the highlight package at the end of the show and his was the only winner HL reel they didn't show

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Always hated how he got let back in to stuff like nothing happened so good riddance to him. Of course you'll always have fucking losers going to bat for him such as well-known asshole F-Champ;

known afficionado of enthusiastically livestreaming homophobic and racial slurs fchamp sure has a lot to say about forgiveness huh.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I've been out of the loop of the major fgc scene for years now, didn't even realize that Infiltration was let back in to tournaments in the first place smh

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
Good fuck'em, should be banned from every event

Also fuck Fchamp for that response

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Good. But just for a year? Hope it's permanent. That tweet from evo after his samsho win was fucking disgusting.

Sorry, wasn't there pretty damning audio evidence of Infil assaulting his then wife?
I might be misremembering. But if that was the case, that should've been it for him. Not sure why he was still part of the FGC.
Been a while but I recall there was a transcript released by an anonymous user with some pretty disgusting shit in it including infiltration threatening to break her arm. I'm not positive but I think I remember Panda Global verifying it was real during their investigation before they eventually released him.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of people in the FGC say it or use to, Justin wong, TS Sabin, Yipes, basically almost everyone. Not saying it's right, but I don't understand how people pick and choose.
i saw a few non-black people in my local FGC discord throw around the n-word, it's no surprise to say that i don't associate with them anymore. they never said the word in my presence at offline events.

a lot more people are using it than people think, or maybe not

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. It's not shocking that Justin growing up in NY with other minorities and the N***a word was said amongst all of them growing up. It happens and lets not act shocked that it does.

At this point in his life/career if he's ever heard on camera saying it he needs to apologize. Aside from a some stupid apples most people in the FGC seem to understand you can't go around saying and doing just whatever the fuck they want anymore. There's money involved now. Sony owns Evo. They aren't going to stand for shit like this.

Like I said earlier. I think it's funny how Fchamp and Sanford are outraged. Dude yall are fucking irrelevant now mainly because you didn't want to mature with the scene.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

They want all the smoke, but no fire

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
People defending infil are dumb. Legit the only thing you can complain about is that they should have made his banned clear at the start of the year and not via email 1 week before CB. Other than that, I dont think its suprising to see him being banned even moreso after the N word clip. I do feel like they probably forgot about infil until they realise he was actually registered for most events in NA. Only issue with the situation is the small lack of transparency and the late communication. Feel like this could have been handle a bit more professional.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Pathetic that he only faced real consequences from tournaments for this and not years ago for being a wife beater, but at least he's finally eating proper shit.

speiky

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Pathetic that he only faced real consequences from tournaments for this and not years ago for being a wife beater, but at least he's finally eating proper shit.
He'll just go to another streaming platform and his apologists will follow. He had plenty of viewers when he participated in GG Strive tourneys…

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
I got recommended an Event Hubs article about this the last time I went to Google and made the mistake of looking at the comments... Do only white 15 year olds visit that site or something? I know this is an understatement but man the FGC has a long way to go.

Also, good fucking riddance. I was shocked when I saw him in a CPT event either this year or last.

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I got recommended an Event Hubs article about this the last time I went to Google and made the mistake of looking at the comments... Do only white 15 year olds visit that site or something? I know this is an understatement but man the FGC has a long way to go.

Also, good fucking riddance. I was shocked when I saw him in a CPT event either this year or last.
The people who make comments on Eventhubs are the worst, if you did a venn diagram of the average r/kappa user, EH commentator and 4chan people it would just be a circle. Their recent article on the trans player getting banned and the comments it had really opened my eyes to just how awful that place is. Also might just be my imagination, but I feel EH has gotten even worse since they started doing thirst trap articles aswell

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
He'll just go to another streaming platform and his apologists will follow. He had plenty of viewers when he participated in GG Strive tourneys…
If dipshits follow Infiltration to DLive or whatever I couldn't care less. I just don't want to see him on a tourney stream ever again.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
The people who make comments on Eventhubs are the worst, if you did a venn diagram of the average r/kappa user, EH commentator and 4chan people it would just be a circle. Their recent article on the trans player getting banned and the comments it had really opened my eyes to just how awful that place is. Also might just be my imagination, but I feel EH has gotten even worse since they started doing thirst trap articles aswell
It has most certainly gotten worse. I used to post in the Eventhubs comments section, but that place just got to the point where there was almost nothing of value being posted there anymore. It always had a bunch of not-great posters, but I think all the reasonable voices have essentially just moved on at this point.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
For every infiltration that gets banned there's a shithead like chrisg roaming around.

And the fact that this only happens now to infiltration is a blight on the whole scene. How many predators and abusers are still around being protected and uplifted.

I guarantee you if shit that happened at Cross Assault happened today thered still be tons of shitty people defending it.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

The EH staff, and Catalyst in particular, are the most irresponsible figures in the FGC. EH is the biggest FGC news site, by default. It's pretty much the only one left. Their comments section being that toxic is worse than a subreddit, discord channel, or Twitch chat being toxic. EH's position gives all that bigotry legitimacy, and the staff refuses to do anything about it because they are transparently only concerned about clicks.

EH is currently trying to grow their YouTube channel and podcast and I can already see all this blowing up in their faces eventually. Their ambition paired with their negligence will be their downfall.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Oh yeah, EH is basically just a tabloid site for fighting games at this point