• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
If the PS5 is backwards compatible with PS3 games, you bet I am going to replay InFamous 1 and 2! (And Metal Gear Solid 2 HD, among many others.)

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
I cannot believe it has been 10 years... I remember trying to pick between this and Prototype. It was a good game. I wasn't super ecstatic about it, but I did like it. My mother on the other hand... she wanted to try it, and she ended up playing this and Infamous 2 so many times over.

It definitely found value in unexpected hands.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Infamous really hinted at comic video game potential. I hope Sucker Punch gets a shot at it. Have them work at the next Spiderman game together with Insomniac please :)

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
inFAMOUS 2 is still the superhero GOAT. I haven't played Spider-Man yet but the variety and movement was unrivaled at the time.

Also all of these facts and videos are super cool to see as an inFAMOUS fan.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
One of few games I actually played twice to get the good and bad powers/endings. I remember the InFamous and Prototype debates, loved them both but InFamous stuck with me more.

I enjoyed Second Son as well and wouldn't mind another game in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
The first Infamous was such a fun time. Even though I forgot about ability upgrades in my first playthrough. Haven't played the second one.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Second Son or First Light yet but oh my gosh I loved the hell out of Infamous 1 and especially 2 (Although some aspects of Infamous 1 I did prefer, like some of the villians and the setting). The verticality and cool enemies were fantastic and I think that kind of sandbox suits me very well. I'm not the type of guy who buys games because they are open world, but inFamous made them work so damn well.

Looking forward to seeing how Sucker Punch progresses as a developer after Ghost Of Tsushima, they're a talented bunch who I hope are around for a long time to come.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've seen a superhero video game villain as cool, tragic, evil and whose motivations I can still understand as much as Kessler. Great game and great characters all around.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Infamous games have a special place in my heart . Infamous 1 was the first game i got with my PS3 and my first ever platinum. The sequel was one of the first games i played through the newly revamped PS+ at the time .
While second son was decent and still looks absolutely gorgeous to this day , it wasn't as strong as the first 2 .
It's a crime Sony didn't release a remaster of them on PS4.

abady-25

Oct 27, 2017
Infamous 1, 2 was one of the best games in the ps3
i played Infamous 2nd son its not good as the previous games
infamous has great unique cut scenes style
comic style
super hero used comic style in cut scenes this was very good decision

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sheesh, 2009?

I played the game during the summer of 2011, months after I finally got a PS3. I played it at a time that I was getting pretty heavily into comic books and superheroes again. I'd been an MCU stan since 2008 and was really impressed with The First Avenger, which perfectly set up The Avengers, Young Justice had just debuted and was amazing, I was revisiting Ultimate Spider-Man to catch up before they offed Peter and introduced Miles, and then I was gifted a copy of this game by Sony after the whole PSN debacle.

It was a big part of a pretty special summer for me, and getting to play inFamous 2 just a few months later made it even better.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
One of my favorite game series from one of my favorite developers. Even loved playing Second Son. Thank you Sucker Punch.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
One positive thing to come from the PSN hack in 2011 was that I was able to get inFAMOUS for free and became hooked on the series. inFAMOUS 2 is still my favorite, but I enjoyed all four games.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Infamous 1, 2 was one of the best games in the ps3
i played Infamous 2nd son its not good as the previous games
infamous has great unique cut scenes style
comic style
super hero used comic style in cut scenes this was very good decision

Sooo freaking good, one of my favourite WTF?!! moments of the last generation.

The beast reveal in IF2 was also very well done, I have all the Infamous games and enjoyed them all, 1 had the best pay-off, 2 had the best feeling of actually being a superhero, SS suffered from launch-windowitis

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
SS suffered from launch-windowitis
Like every other mediocre game that propped up 2014 and 2015, SS didn't suffer from launch windowitis as much as it gained from it. People needed something to play that looked nice and infamous was there
Played aight tho
Easiest plat ever too

Last edited:

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
I loved Infamous, and I really should give Infamous 2 another shot. Funny story about the first game, but it took me YEARS to find a single goddamned blast shard that was preventing me from the platinum trophy. I had long since given up, and someone on Gaf made a thread and I mentioned this, and someone replied "oh have you tried checking this area?"

the motherfucker was right there, waiting in sight

I don't think I've ever been mad about getting a platinum before lol

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Second Son gets unfairly slagged off.
Not really. Like, that game's design was very very mediocre. Starting with the awful side quest design, which ranged from the early console debut gimmicky ps4 controller feature flex stuff, to just plain repetitive and unfun activities that don't even get a proper context or introduction. They're just there. Meanwhile First Light did a much better job with it's design and provided an actual context for all the side content which was way more fun. And Fetch felt way more focused from a gameplay perspective.

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed 1 a fair bit, 2 was pretty good up until a certain point. I feel like I would have to replay 2 to be 100% certain of this claim but 2 really felt like it leaned heavier into the more "shoot-y" aspects of the series which I found to be less interesting the longer the game went on. Again, I could be forgetting since it's been so long and I might even be thinking of Second Son more in that sense. But I definitely remember that in some of the later encounters in 2 having a lot of really annoying stuff that made it harder to enjoy it fully.

Always felt like the series shouldn't lean so heavily on the shooting aspect to Cole's abilities but as shown with Second Son they kept going in that direction and it definitely gave off more of a third person shooter vibe which I didn't enjoy a whole lot. Again, I think 2 doesn't start to feel this way until near the end of the game but I could be remembering wrong (and I probably am, it's been 8 years since I played it).

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I found 1 okay, but got pretty bored 1/2 way through, I didn't think much of the demo of 2, really enjoyed second son and finished it.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like every other mediocre game that propped up 2014 and 2015, SS didn't suffer from launch windowitis as much as it gained from it. People needed something to play that looked nice and infamous was there
Played aight tho
Easiest plat ever too
I disagree, it rode the shiny grafix yeah, but it was clearly rushed out the door to fill the gap as it was missing a lot of depth and comic book vigour that made the first 2 so good.

I hope we return to the Col storyline someday, there is so much potential in this franchise, but I fear SP dont have the pedigree to fulfil it.

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish all devs could give behind the scenes commentary/vids to these games - so cool to see all of this

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I loved Infamous, and I really should give Infamous 2 another shot. Funny story about the first game, but it took me YEARS to find a single goddamned blast shard that was preventing me from the platinum trophy. I had long since given up, and someone on Gaf made a thread and I mentioned this, and someone replied "oh have you tried checking this area?"

the motherfucker was right there, waiting in sight

I don't think I've ever been mad about getting a platinum before lol
Oh let me guess
Near the docks on a patch of dirt and garbage.

That's the one that got me

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Avenger
Feb 27, 2018
I really liked the slow motion effect the game did just as you finished a side mission, looked really cool with the electric effects

Wish more games had something similar

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I disagree, it rode the shiny grafix yeah, but it was clearly rushed out the door to fill the gap as it was missing a lot of depth and comic book vigour that made the first 2 so good.
Oh we agree then

I'm just lamenting that dark period at the beginning of this gen where people propped up damn near everything within reach

Oct 30, 2017
On of the best franchises birth out from last generation, loved all of the inFamous games, 2 still my favorite it was a serious step up from the first one.

Qasiel

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
A nice look back on a fun franchise. I adored the first 2 inFAMOUS games, and still got a fair bit of enjoyment from SS (the soundtrack was amazing). I'm excited for GoT, but like many others in the thread have mentioned, it'd be great to revisit this world again one day.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed 1 a fair bit, 2 was pretty good up until a certain point. I feel like I would have to replay 2 to be 100% certain of this claim but 2 really felt like it leaned heavier into the more "shoot-y" aspects of the series which I found to be less interesting the longer the game went on. Again, I could be forgetting since it's been so long and I might even be thinking of Second Son more in that sense. But I definitely remember that in some of the later encounters in 2 having a lot of really annoying stuff that made it harder to enjoy it fully.

Always felt like the series shouldn't lean so heavily on the shooting aspect to Cole's abilities but as shown with Second Son they kept going in that direction and it definitely gave off more of a third person shooter vibe which I didn't enjoy a whole lot. Again, I think 2 doesn't start to feel this way until near the end of the game but I could be remembering wrong (and I probably am, it's been 8 years since I played it).

It's been near a decade since I played and platted inFamous 1, so I don't recall too much about how durable the mobs were.
But it's only been a few months since I platted inFamous 2 and got all the trophies in Festival of Blood. The trash mobs in 2 were definite bullet (well, lightning) sponges. Especially on my second run, when I did Evil/Hard for those two trophies. I was really relying heavily on the snipe shot, grenades, and melee to carry me through the fights, since even fully upgraded, my regular shots felt like they were pinging off rubber suits for all the damage they did.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I love the franchise. Some of the best open world movement systems there are, in all three games. Electricity/Ice/Smoke and Neon

So hyped for Ghost of Tsushima. These guys are so talented

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Had a great time with Infamous, which led me to check out Sly Cooper which became one of my favorite series. Thanks Sucker Punch!!!

Revven

Oct 27, 2017
It's been near a decade since I played and platted inFamous 1, so I don't recall too much about how durable the mobs were.
But it's only been a few months since I platted inFamous 2 and got all the trophies in Festival of Blood. The trash mobs in 2 were definite bullet (well, lightning) sponges. Especially on my second run, when I did Evil/Hard for those two trophies. I was really relying heavily on the snipe shot, grenades, and melee to carry me through the fights, since even fully upgraded, my regular shots felt like they were pinging off rubber suits for all the damage they did.

Oof, then, yeah that probably explains what I'm remembering. How often I had to jump, shoot, grenade, rinse and repeat near the end of the game (on Normal no less if I remember correctly?) was really offputting in 2. And then the enemies would, in typical shooter fashion, have almost 100% accuracy on every shot on you (hence having to jump around a lot and grenade spam). Just not interesting/fun gameplay in 2 near the end.

I would really have to replay to make 100% sure if there is that much of a difference between the 1st and 2nd games regarding that. I might also just be more forgiving of the first game because, to be fair, it's the first game. The second game should be expanding on the concept of the first game and it does do that in a lot of ways but in others, I feel, it doesn't (again, notably, how much it leans on the "shooter" aspect they came up with in 1). You have a super hero styled character with electric powers, there's a lot more potential there than just "lightning bullets" and "lightning grenades". And again in some cases they tap into that potential but the encounter design, eventually, just gives in to those "shooter roots" the game allows it to have because of Cole's lightning bullets. And how to make more interesting enemies to fight than just enemies that are mutants with "guns".

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Oof, then, yeah that probably explains what I'm remembering. How often I had to jump, shoot, grenade, rinse and repeat near the end of the game (on Normal no less if I remember correctly?) was really offputting in 2. And then the enemies would, in typical shooter fashion, have almost 100% accuracy on every shot on you (hence having to jump around a lot and grenade spam). Just not interesting/fun gameplay in 2 near the end.

I would really have to replay to make 100% sure if there is that much of a difference between the 1st and 2nd games regarding that. I might also just be more forgiving of the first game because, to be fair, it's the first game. The second game should be expanding on the concept of the first game and it does do that in a lot of ways but in others, I feel, it doesn't (again, notably, how much it leans on the "shooter" aspect they came up with in 1). You have a super hero styled character with electric powers, there's a lot more potential there than just "lightning bullets" and "lightning grenades". And again in some cases they tap into that potential but the encounter design, eventually, just gives in to those "shooter roots" the game allows it to have because of Cole's lightning bullets. And how to make more interesting enemies to fight than just enemies that are mutants with "guns".

Like I said, I don't remember much of the day to day mechanics of the first game. But in the second, I definitely felt less powerful than I remember feeling in the first. Could just be fuzzy memories and rose-tinted glasses, but perhaps not. I also feel like I made a mistake in saving the Evil playthrough for Hard. Hero had this awesome shield that would absorb bullets' kinetic energy and convert it into electricity reserves. Evil didn't. Would have come in very handy in Hard mode. I barely used that shield ability in my Hero/Normal run. Didn't need it. I distinctly remember that in InFamous 1, it was recommended to do Evil/Hard together since you were generally more powerful with the Evil powers than you were the Hero ones. I don't feel that this is true of inFamous 2.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
The Infamous games were really good and I was really sad when I learned that they were moving away from the franchise with Ghost of Tsuchi-thingy.
I still am actually. I hate samurais.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
I really did love this series, even Second Son which I thought left the franchise at a point where it could neatly rap around with delsin turning into the beast with a canonical evil ending as he absorbed more and more powers.

Could wrap around and have cole show back up after having retired thinking he stopped it all in 2.