• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
There is a segment in Sly 2 where the main characters are split apart, incapacitated, and you have to rescue them, to effectively 'get the band back together', after a climactic defeat. The moment you are all banded at the hip once more, it is a warm bandage, wrapped around a fissure alit. And yet it is the separation that nonetheless lingers. It lingers because Sucker Punch succeeds in creating dramatic stakes for characters in narrative turns of phrase that aren't afraid to conjure a proper illusion of consequence, of tension, where it elects to take itself seriously suddenly, in all its cheekiness, even in a kid's game starring anthropomorphic animal thieves. Say what you will, but Sucker Punch is just as invested in their characters as the player is -- it's what gives their work such an ember of preciousness, to some degree. No matter the reductiveness of some elements. Take the karma system in inFamous, for one.

The same one that, in the inFamous sequel, can lead to a road ending with you going toe-to-toe with your best 'bro', Zeke himself.

The scene is debatable. Some players never liked Zeke much if at all. Others didn't feel it was earned, or that neither Zeke nor Cole were really being reasonable to begin with.

But in a way, inFamous 2 was able to tell a story from start to finish about a ragtag band of superhero hoorah's just trying their damndest to do right by what they believed, and in a fun and solidly playable manner. The fact that it was also a tale of old-fashioned companionship between two guys making the best out of their crapshoot world, and randomly taking some cheesy figure of speech and making it a de facto motto for the game, is but icing on the cake.

Having gone to this:

...after, once, just being able to do this.

Half as long, twice as bright, brother.

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I didn't like how one choice was made out to be "good" and one "bad" when they both involved killing lots of innocent people. The "good" choice was just less of them

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man that youtube video is roooough. Worse than I remembered.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Say what you will about Sucker Punch, but one thing they absolutely nail a 100% of the time are endings.

All of their games have great endings. I don't remember much of Second Son/First Light and their endings, but the entire Sly trilogy and both the mainline PS3 inFAMOUS games have great endings. I also just finished Ghost of Tsushima's story a few days ago and that was a great ending as well.

It's honestly an underappreciated aspect of their games. Not a lot of games have great endings, and to have consistently good ones is definitely a feat.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
www.youtube.com

inFamous Ending + Good & Evil Aftermaths

Finished the game twice both as good and evil Cole. I was able to finish it early because I got my hands on a Promotional Copy of the game early after winnin...

I find the ending of 1 more sucker punch. One of the best ending I've seen.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
I still, after all these years, can't get over the way Cole looks. It soured the game for me. I felt like it was still a pretty solid game. Way better than Second Son at least.

Oct 25, 2017
Shoud have been the canon ending. Second Son makes waaaaaaaay more sense with this as an ending and also opens up for the possibility of a Cole boss fight.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
www.youtube.com

inFamous Ending + Good & Evil Aftermaths

Finished the game twice both as good and evil Cole. I was able to finish it early because I got my hands on a Promotional Copy of the game early after winnin...

I find the ending of 1 more sucker punch. One of the best ending I've seen.

This ending is way better than it has any right to be. It outshines pretty much anything else in the game and elevates it all on its own. I still get goosebumps when the music cuts out at the photograph.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
The infamous series is one of the few franchises in which I played twice each game. I played my canon good karma playthrough and then I went for the all evil karma playthrough.

And oh boy, it was fun been an evil asshole in those games. The evil powers were so much more fun lol

OP
OP
TissueBox

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
This ending is way better than it has any right to be. It outshines pretty much anything else in the game and elevates it all on its own. I still get goosebumps when the music cuts out at the photograph.

Dat twist will always be a beautifully wild, cornball classic.

(And is pro'lly still my favorite 'punch to the sucker' of SP's canon. Previous thread here.)

Last edited:

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The inFamous 1 ending gives me chills everytime I watch it.

Wish we could get a true inFamous 3.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
When I did the evil ending, I let Zeke kill me a bunch of times. Then had to pull the trigger sadly. Such a heavy and memorably moment.

Neko_No_Naku

Jan 9, 2018
Something I really liked about the karma routes inFamous 2 is that during the whole game, you have Nix, the red-dressing swamp-living vicious witch, as the "evil mission companion"; and Kuo, the blue-dressing law abiding cop, as the "good mission companion". Then for the final beat of the game the roles get reversed (even though on a superficial level), and you kill Nix and Zeke and finish the game with Kuo if you do evil ending.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I still wish they had made a sequel following the evil ending, dropped the open world and focused on a story where you go around the world to activate conduits. I think it would have a more interesting premise than what we got in second son

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Man that youtube video is roooough. Worse than I remembered.

Yeah, pity they never remastered the PS3 titles. Solid games, but in dire need of a tune up.

Man, Sony left a lot of good stuff stuck on the PS3. It's hitting me now just how little they ported this past generation. Not counting cross-generation titles, they got Naughty Dog's stuff, one God of War, and... ...WipEout?

It's a stark difference from the number of PS2 games they remastered for PS3, and that console even had backwards compatibility for a time.

Last edited:

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Jeez that's a trip down memory lane.

Remember when everyone freaked out over Cole's redesign? Honestly I thought it looked better, dude just grew his hair out and everyone went crazy lol.

I loved these games, they were good, the cutscene and direction was janky, but they had some kind of heart to em.

ColeiF2Comparisons.jpg

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Would be a damn shame if we don't see another Infamous game.

Props to SP for having a launch window title Infamous secondson, but the game wasn't as good as the previous entries because of it.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez that's a trip down memory lane.

Remember when everyone freaked out over Cole's redesign? Honestly I thought it looked better, dude just grew his hair out and everyone went crazy lol.

I loved these games, they were good, the cutscene and direction was janky, but they had some kind of heart to em.

ColeiF2Comparisons.jpg

I liked that they decided on making Cole more similar to how he looked in the first game, the redesign was just so jarring.

Infamous 2 is a great game, one of the PS3's best. It is puzzling the games didn't make it over to PS4/PS5, both this series and Resistance deserve a nice remaster that runs silky smooth. They still play great and it's a shame a lot of people missed out on them.

I have yet to play Second Son but Ghost Of Tsushima and the Infamous games I did play have great endings.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I liked that they decided on making Cole more similar to how he looked in the first game, the redesign was just so jarring.

Infamous 2 is a great game, one of the PS3's best. It is puzzling the games didn't make it over to PS4/PS5, both this series and Resistance deserve a nice remaster that runs silky smooth. They still play great and it's a shame a lot of people missed out on them.

I have yet to play Second Son but Ghost Of Tsushima and the Infamous games I did play have great endings.

Legit the only difference is that he didn't have a buzz cut. The face is very similar and he has tattoos yeah, but he wore a jacket in the first game so we could have just not seen him.

Im not saying it didn't look generic, but cmon its not like Cole's original design was stellar lol

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Legit the only difference is that he didn't have a buzz cut. The face is very similar and he has tattoos yeah, but he wore a jacket in the first game so we could have just not seen him.

Im not saying it didn't look generic, but cmon its not like Cole's original design was stellar lol

Haha! He did have a generic design, that's true! I still remember how many protagonists in PS3 games had the same type of buzzcut look to them.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the series for the gameplay but that ending was so forgettable...I got it and couldn't recall what you were talking about until I read the OP.

And I even liked Zeke.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Infamous 2 was a fucking blast. It was just so much fun to play, the powers felt great and even if the narration was a bit janky it had its moment. Clearly one of my best PS3-era memories.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is something where I feel like the majority of people that loved that second game aren't going to argue or oppose the next one, but GoT is everything the original Infamous games was trying to achieve. You can love one or the other but not cause it's overall attention

Kotto

CEO of Traphouse Networks
Nov 3, 2017
Shoud have been the canon ending. Second Son makes waaaaaaaay more sense with this as an ending and also opens up for the possibility of a Cole boss fight.
They chose the good ending because of trophy data. More people sacrificed Cole in the end. They probably also did it because explaining the world after Cole turned into the Beast would be more difficult.

Either decision is good with me. Cole's design is offensively bland.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
the first infamous is still my favorite infamous. loved the atmosphere, the comic book cutscenes and Kessler.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Infamous 2 is the best game with coherent super powers and their implementation imo.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I found Zeke to be one of the most unlikable characters in all of gaming so I feel like the ending didn't quite have the impact on me that it was supposed to.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Zeke was like the only character I liked on inFamous 1 (except John), and him and Cole were great together on 2, so having to kill him sucked for me.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Evil Ending is good on its own merits but everything leading up to it, Cole acting like a completely violent lunatic divorced from reality while everyone smiles and nods until his shocking reveal that, actually, he's going to kill everyone, makes it impossible to enjoy.

Infamous 2 is my favourite PS3 exclusive but none of the three games in the series managed to do the alignment system well.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
The evil ending is so powerful. You as the player didn't want to kill him, and cole didn't, but you can't progress if you don't. One of those scenes that gaming can do better than any other medium, because it's you pulling the trigger

JPLC

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So inFamous 1 and 2 are a couple of weird ones for me. I think they're great games and I had a great time playing them, but there was an aspect of the story that always stuck out to me:
So I was absolutely convinced that, considering the whole time travel shenanigans with Kessler, that the Beast was going to turn out to be Cole himself from a darker "bad karma" future. I dunno if it was just my tunnel vision, but I felt like game 1 and 2 were foreshadowing it pretty hard until the latter sections of game 2, especially with the visual design of the Beast himself. I thought the whole karma system was leading up to it; if you were "good" Cole, it would be the ultimate showdown against "what could have been", and if you were "bad" Cole, it would be a pure contest of power, likely ending with you going back in time or something to fulfill the "predestined" role of the Beast.
Did anyone else ever feel similar about that story aspect? Or was it just me?