• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mommers

Nov 3, 2017
Be careful. My wife sliced off a big chunk of flesh, almost to the bone, using one of them.

I got some gloves like these for an additional safety measure.

Microplane® Cut Resistant Glove | Williams Sonoma

<p>No more shredded knuckles when you grate or zest. This knit mesh glove is made of a unique synthetic fiber that resists cuts to protect your hands.</p> <ul> <li>Made of a seamless, wire-free knit material that resists cuts.</li> <li>Fits

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
The only feature that I really want that is not possible in a $30 bidet is a tankless water-heater. The water here gets damn cold in winter, and I don't want to squirt ice cold water onto my sensitive nethers. The seat warmer, light-sensing night light, remote control, etc. are just added fluff.
That requires an outlet nearby? I might have paid extra for mine but I would have had to add an outlet. Either way, I'm jealous. Pretty sure the next toilet i buy will require a small loan.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Coffee/Tea warmer. don't have to worry about your drink getting cold. 3 temp settings.

ACtC-3d0jqk59auONL36DfSpuVdCULJK39z3Oa0efffYmhMZ0e7SfOU7_ZVPg7bFIwD1sz0f8g0R1PJva0nTIARkFOPGkKXvCTBHjTbmtRyqr28zxaKZ5TavZ09yuwCu0GaZIJiXrL_cHBXyoJdEK6dvfHjJ=w922-h1229-no
I recently bought this exact same thing and am disappointed by it. It keeps the drink a little warm but that's it. I mean, it is called a mug "warmer" so I guess I can't complain too much, but it would great if the max temp was like 30 degrees hotter.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the fine people in this thread I have also joined Team Bidet and am currently in the planing stages for convincing everyone I know to buy one as well.

Deleted member 11173

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
61TzpjZH8nL._SL1300_.jpg

wubbanub pacifier. It had enough weight where it wouldn't fall out of the babies mouth and they loved playing with the animal.

Haha, yea this thing is bad ass. I actually popped the stitches off of the pacifier and replaced it with a better one for her age group (8-15 months). We are about to chop the nipple part of the pacifier off, or change it to a teething ring.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Wal-Mart gift card and I think I'm going to use it tomorrow to get an Instant Pot Vortex Air Fryer. I looked up some of the recipes and they look fantastic.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
These single-cable magnetic clips are great

53-C17-B78-B1-EB-4-FC1-88-E5-48-CC52-D55204.jpg

I love these (lots of different types on Amazon) but I find I spend a lot of time fishing for the clip after it slides down the cable. But we have about 5 in the corner of the room for lightning and usb cables for our 'charging area'

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
A packable down jacket. I've got a Uniqlo one.

packable-down-jacket.jpg

They weigh nothing and pack down small enough to always have in your bag.

Once you put it on and get moving they are pretty warm. It's much better than taking a bucky jacket that you may not wear, then be stuck wearing or carrying it.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I love these (lots of different types on Amazon) but I find I spend a lot of time fishing for the clip after it slides down the cable. But we have about 5 in the corner of the room for lightning and usb cables for our 'charging area'
I use these instead of magnets. They're not as pretty but I stick them out of sight (and you can get them in white). But to fix your clip problem couldn't you wrap a bit of tape around the cable below the clip, so it can't slide down?

s-l640.jpg

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
One of these
7b088c0a-7c07-491a-9e6f-624185833f3c_1.f608e09b3d5ad68482d41db996befd7d.jpeg

If you don't already have a kitchen sink faucet that has a built-in hose, getting one of those things is great and makes it so much easier to wash the sink or anything in it.

Bought mine for like 5$ at Walmart, it has two different spray modes that you can swap by pulling/pushing on it and it literally takes 30 seconds to install on your faucet.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I use these instead of magnets. They're not as pretty but I stick them out of sight (and you can get them in white). But to fix your clip problem couldn't you wrap a bit of tape around the cable below the clip, so it can't slide down?

s-l640.jpg

.. of course I can ..

:runs off to find some tape:

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
For those who commute by bicycle, investing in a proper rack/panniers system has done wonders for my back and overall comfort.

No more sweaty backs, no more heavy loads pressing you down.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
scotch tape the clips to the cables? could be ugly but problem solved.

edit: d'oh already suggested.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
An echo dot + an amazon smart plug. Have the smart plug attached to the fan I run in my bedroom. Turn it on and off with voice at least 3 or 4 times a day. Use my echo dot as an alarm clock too.
Instead of having a constantly hot mic we just use smart outlet plugs to attach our lights to and use an app on our phone to toggle them on/off. Paired with smart LED bulbs and you get a lot of customization.

It's great to not get out of bed to turn off the lights.

Additionally, you can set a bunch of lights up together so you can have different lighting arrangements to turn on with a single tap on the phone. All our christmas lights were attached to smar outlet plugs so we could turn all them on/off with a single tap.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Instead of having a constantly hot mic we just use smart outlet plugs to attach our lights to and use an app on our phone to toggle them on/off. Paired with smart LED bulbs and you get a lot of customization.

It's great to not get out of bed to turn off the lights.

Additionally, you can set a bunch of lights up together so you can have different lighting arrangements to turn on with a single tap on the phone. All our christmas lights were attached to smar outlet plugs so we could turn all them on/off with a single tap.

I know people don't want listening devices all over your house but controlling stuff like lights by voice is a lot different than controlling by app, as far as life changing goes.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
It's not exactly a purchase, but "spending" the time to move your passwords into a password manager like Last Pass, etc. is pretty dang worth it. Spend the time importing all your accounts, and change each of your passwords using the password manager to something randomly generated and different between accounts. I did this with my parents over the holidays. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours, but the peace of mind and time saved in the future is worth it. Especially if you're the type who uses the same password for more than one site/account.

Oct 29, 2017
It's not exactly a purchase, but "spending" the time to move your passwords into a password manager like Last Pass, etc. is pretty dang worth it. Spend the time importing all your accounts, and change each of your passwords using the password manager to something randomly generated and different between accounts. I did this with my parents over the holidays. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours, but the peace of mind and time saved in the future is worth it. Especially if you're the type who uses the same password for more than one site/account.

Great shout. This has been a great thing for me too.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States

Spanglo

Oct 29, 2017
I recently bought this exact same thing and am disappointed by it. It keeps the drink a little warm but that's it. I mean, it is called a mug "warmer" so I guess I can't complain too much, but it would great if the max temp was like 30 degrees hotter.

Need to use a mug with a flat bottom for max effectiveness.

Like this: MUG

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll raise you this. Looks stupid as hell but man sometimes I just want to lay in bed and watch something.
4db63c1b-ea3d-42eb-86cd-74173e817668.7760e4ad5827dd170bb4efee4eb2c062.jpeg

Was on sale for like $3 at Walmart so bought a bunch and been handing them out as gifts. Their retail price originally was $20 and I lol'd so hard and now they are bargain bin

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'll raise you this. Looks stupid as hell but man sometimes I just want to lay in bed and watch something.

Was on sale for like $3 at Walmart so bought a bunch and been handing them out as gifts. Their retail price originally was $20 and I lol'd so hard and now they are bargain bin

Do you wear that around your neck? I swear it's something straight out of Wall-E. ;)

AHK-Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Oh interesting! Haven't seen this kind before, it hooks to your neck!? Is it comfortable?

The kind I use can attach to the bedframe and hold full-size tablets if you're looking for that peak laziness life beyond the smartphone screen size. Can't beat that price though lol.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'll see your popcorn popper and raise you A DIFFERENT POPCORN POPPER:

81oGPdZmkwL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It's a silicon popcorn popper. It's $10-$20 on Amazon depending on which one you buy. You throw some kernals in the bottom of the bowl, (with or without oil, it's fine either way,) microwave it for 2-3 minutes, and you got yourself a bowl of fresh hot popcorn.
Real talk, I was dubious about it. I wanted a new popcorn popper, and this random-ass silicon bowl was the highest-rated popcorn popper on Amazon. But for $12, I took a chance, and it works amazingly well. I have two now so that when I'm making large batches of popcorn I can swap them out of the microwave.

Great recommendation! Bought one.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ok that body sponge cloth thing people keep posting about is turning cult-like and i'm starting to wonder if it's an mlm

Cilidra

A friend is worth more than a million Venezuelan$
Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa
Epoxy Putty. There several types but this stuff is great. You can fix some much stuff with this, you can use it to make items or modify items for various use. You can use it for craft or cosplay stuff.

Think of it of a playdough that set permanently it the shape you made it, that does not shrink is super hard, sandable and paintable.

For example, I broke the base of my blender (part that holds the container). I shaped a piece of Epoxy putty to replace the broken corner and it works. I recreated the base of a plastic electronic doll of one of my kids with it. Fixed leaky pipes. Sealed the hole around a downpipe and a drainage hole. Modified and repaired wargame miniatures.

Nov 12, 2017
I know people don't want listening devices all over your house but controlling stuff like lights by voice is a lot different than controlling by app, as far as life changing goes.
This. If I pull out my phone in the middle of the night to fiddle with stuff it wakes me right up. Going 'Alexa turn fan on or off' was game-changing for me lol.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
ok that body sponge cloth thing people keep posting about is turning cult-like and i'm starting to wonder if it's an mlm

I'm a believer now, and they're cheap as fuck so what do you have to lose. Really good backscratchers to when dry.

It's just a flat loofah.

Right, the concept is the same but loofahs etc don't apply enough pressure on your back. All those scrubbers on handles etc are bullshit compared to this. This is like soapy sandpaper, works wonders.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a believer now, and they're cheap as fuck so what do you have to lose. Really good backscratchers to when dry.

Right, the concept is the same but loofahs etc don't apply enough pressure on your back. All those scrubbers on handles etc are bullshit compared to this. This is like soapy sandpaper, works wonders.
Personally I use a free attachment called "spouse", but also I think salt scrub for body skin and pumice stone for feet is a better mix.

They're all fine options, depends on the individual needs/preferences.

BorkBork

Oct 25, 2017
I just did this for New Year's! Been meaning to for a long time and it's a bit of a relief after getting everything more shored up security-wise.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Bought both a Waterpik and a Phillips Sonicare electric toothbrush and my teeth always like I just walked out of the dentist's office. Waterpik $70 and Toothbrush $40. Not a bad investment at all.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Epoxy Putty. There several types but this stuff is great. You can fix some much stuff with this, you can use it to make items or modify items for various use. You can use it for craft or cosplay stuff.

Think of it of a playdough that set permanently it the shape you made it, that does not shrink is super hard, sandable and paintable.

For example, I broke the base of my blender (part that holds the container). I shaped a piece of Epoxy putty to replace the broken corner and it works. I recreated the base of a plastic electronic doll of one of my kids with it. Fixed leaky pipes. Sealed the hole around a downpipe and a drainage hole. Modified and repaired wargame miniatures.
One caveat is that if you're going to fix anything that will be touching food, you should use DAP instead:

allpurpose_rtvsilicone_00755_6x6.jpg

But otherwise, yes, epoxy is the best, though I like the instant kind.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I want to get an Air Fryer now and I looked on Amazon. Some people are saying they for the Instant Vortex it smells like burning plastic? Anyone else experience this?