• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
31wfPf83B1L._AC_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Innovera-Softskin-Wrist-Black-51452/dp/B0012YS744

Just cheap, every day purchases that changed your life.

Gel wrist rest. $10. Something so simple, saved my hand.

Last edited:

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Cast iron pan.
Can find it dirt cheap second hand; easy to fix and season. Treat it properly and it's the best cooking ware out there.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
The day I found out shoes come in widths.

I used to be super picky but the second I found out about widths and tried a 4E pair on, I didn't care what they looked like.

TOM 2

Oct 28, 2017
Ghost Planet Spaceship

I used to be super picky but the second I found out about widths and tried a 4E pair on, I didn't care what they looked like.
This, I started actually looking at shoe sizes because I could never find two that were as comfortable as the next. Then I found wide sizes.

It's made shoe shopping a bit easier, although wide sizing still varies by brand.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
As a person with back trouble Kizik shoes.... you just step into them and they hug your foot...

They don't cost any more than other shoes, cheaper than a lot of brands...

I no longer dread leaving the house because putting on shoes is so painful.

kizik.com

Kizik: The World's Best Hands-Free, Slip On Shoes

Kizik: The easiest shoe you'll ever put on. No tying, no pulling, no heel crushing, no hands. Never bend down to put on shoes again. Free shipping and returns!

Last edited:

WEGGLES

Oct 30, 2017
Good quality kitchen tools.

Stuff like sensibly designed spatulas, cups, bowls, tongs etc.

Don't necessarily need to spend an arm and a leg, but well designed kitchen tools are a godsend.

Also banish unitaskers to the bin

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
Cut your nose hair in a safe & sanitary way with safety scissors such as these:
eA88Y15.jpg

Cast iron pan.
Can find it dirt cheap second hand; easy to fix and season. Treat it properly and it's the best cooking ware out there.
Lies. I bought pretty good ones (De Buyer) for a trial, seasoned them 4 times before attempting to fry an egg. Terrible experience. Kind of afraid to touch them again.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
10020_contour_main

Contoured memory foam pillows. Eliminated a lot of basic sleep pain. I loved it, and others loved it so much I managed to gift it to a bunch of peeps.

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
eA88Y15.jpg

Lies. I bought pretty good ones (De Buyer) for a trial, seasoned them 4 times before attempting to fry an egg. Terrible experience. Kind of afraid to touch them again.
It isn't super easy to get right but once you do - it's magic. I have non stick, titanium, steel and cast iron and eggs are by far easiest to make on the cast iron.
Also, sometimes in the mornings I make pancakes for the family and to make it go fast I often use the cast iron and the non stick at the same time. the difference in heat is just jaw dropping. I run the non stick at 9 (max setting) and the cast iron at 5, but even then the pancake takes about a third of the time on the cast iron. And with better results. Creamier interior with proper outsides.
Making indian or thai food that in many cases absolutely -demand- high heat is just impossible to get right o a non stick.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017

If you season properly and enough times those fried eggs should slide around the pan like a hockey puck on fresh ice. Honestly you probably didn't do it enough times.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
It isn't super easy to get right but once you do - it's magic. I have non stick, titanium, steel and cast iron and eggs are by far easiest to make on the cast iron.
Also, sometimes in the mornings I make pancakes for the family and to make it go fast I often use the cast iron and the non stick at the same time. the difference in heat is just jaw dropping. I run the non stick at 9 (max setting) and the cast iron at 5, but even then the pancake takes about a third of the time on the cast iron. And with better results. Creamier interior with proper outsides.
Making indian or thai food that in many cases absolutely -demand- high heat is just impossible to get right o a non stick.
If you season properly and enough times those fried eggs should slide around the pan like a hockey puck on fresh ice. Honestly you probably didn't do it enough times.
Hmm. Maybe those aren't just good pans. Or maybe I should try the oil frying method. The way I did it was by backing them for an hour with a thin oil coating. Thought doing it 4 times would be enough.
Thanks.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
is there any reason to get these over a smart speaker?

We've been using both the Echo and the Home with SleepSounds and we love it cause we can switch from white noise to rain, fireplace, and dozens of others

Not really, they pretty much do the same thing. I just like having a device that has a sole purpose and doesn't rely on my phone, plus it is great for travel when in hotel rooms.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
mini-cutter-ceramic-blade-1-a.jpg

Any box cutter would do, but in the era of online shopping having a dedicated one or two around the house for opening and breaking down shipping materials is a big improvement over (and much safer than) using knives or scissors.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
eA88Y15.jpg

Are you kidding me?Something line this is way safer and more convenient.
Consider your life changed, thank me later!
Nasenhaarschneider-Nasenhaare-entfernen.jpg

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Hmm. Maybe those aren't just good pans. Or maybe I should try the oil frying method. The way I did it was by backing them for an hour with a thin oil coating. Thought doing it 4 times would be enough.
Thanks.
Some pans have a pretty rough base surface. I find those really hard to get right. Mine was like that so I bought some sandpaper and went to work. Was some preseasoning etc on it as well, so it changed color to pretty shiny and smooth bare metal. But then, I seasoned it. 3 times, properly. And I just felt that that time, it worked. Now, I never wash it with anything but water and I never let it sit for long with acidic foods such as tomato sauce in it.
A good way to clean it is to put some water in it then put it on the stove. When the water starts boiling use a heavy wooden utensil and scrub hard. Then rinse and wash with a brush. Works well

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I have to echo a bidet. You don't need a fancy model but your butthole will never be the same again.

I've never gotten a cast iron pan to cook eggs well. I know the newer ones are coarser in finish (I've read of some people sanding them smoother) but I prefer to keep mine for searing meats and cooking other things.

I keep a non-stick pan around almost exclusively for eggs.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
These are just small convection ovens. If you've got a convection oven, you don't need an air fryer.
Not true. Their design is different than a convection oven. Convection ovens just blows around the air in the big space of the oven. While an Air Fryer has a big fan right above the heating element and blows down directly onto the food and goes around underneath it. It makes the food differently because of that as well as being faster. Due to how it's designed you don't need to preheat either.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. But if you get one, I recommend either the Ninja Foodi Grill or the Ninja Foodi, as both offer additional functionality.
I have the Ninja Foodi 5 in 1. It's an excellent device that I use near daily, but when not on sale, I could see this being too pricy for someone if they only care about air frying.

With that said, it has a permanent spot in my kitchen counter and I pretty much don't have any room for this for the kitchen in my 1 bed room apartment haha.

Last edited:

darkside

Oct 26, 2017

100 percent this. I used to get sneakers that were bigger than my feet by about a size or size and a half just because they weren't wide enough by default. Then I realized some sneakers have extra wide and I don't have to do that.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Got one of those scrubby brush things with a built in washing up liquid dispenser and it's completely changed how I do the dishes.

... God I miss having a dish washer.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
A good bicycle is not terribly inexpensive but it's such a great tool, and has saved me thousands of dollars for commuting and being my main form of exercise. No car and no gym dues.

Huge boost for my mental and physical health and not expensive at all.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I bought a knock off squatty potty.

As someone with prepH wipes and creams on standby at all times, anything to streamline the process helps.