• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

INDUSTRIA_gameplay.gif

INDUSTRIA is a first-person shooter that takes you from East Berlin into a parallel reality, shortly before the end of the Cold War. On the search for a missing work colleague, you decypher a dark past in a mysterious parallel dimension.

On the evening of the fall of the Berlin wall, a young woman plunges headlong into a parallel dimension to find her missing work colleague who has disappeared under mysterious circumstances. While the checkpoints in East Berlin are still being overrun by crowds of people, Nora escapes from this world, into unknown layers of time and into an unknown fate.

- Profound story: Experience a classic story-driven first-person shooter with about 4 hours of gameplay
- Tight atmosphere: Dive into a lovingly designed world full of mystery and lynchesque surreality
- Deadly danger: Enemies lurk around every corner - defend yourself with 4 different weapons
- Unique setting: Berlin at the time of the fall of the wall meets a surreal industrialized city
- Experimental soundtrack: Synthesizer, acoustic instruments and melancholic vocals

PC-only for now with the possibility of a console release some point after the PC version is published in Q1 of 2021 (just a team of 4 building the game).

Last edited:

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Honestly, this looks great. 2021 is a bit of a bummer. Hope they do some crazy story and world stuff with parallel reality.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the half life but I do see the atomic heart

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay for INDUSTRIA was shown off here (German, timestamped below):

Last edited:

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the half life but I do see the atomic heart
Half life 2 must be a key point of reference for 'Eastern European' architectural design for a lot of gamers, because I don't see much of it either aside form that in spots.
That said, I am interested as all get out

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Just played the demo. It is rough as hell but loved the atmosphere. It is certainly giving me Half-Life 2 vibes.

indeed. really liked it. I played Half-Life 2 a few years ago on the 360 for the first time and it was so refreshing to play a game where you have to think a bit and dont have a screen clustered with icons that tell you were to go.

INDUSTRIA does this really well too so far. And for it being such an early version it actually played alright. The gunplay and hit feedback is already in a state that I would accept for a full release.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Way too rough. No mouse invert. No save game option. No controls remap. Basic things like no interaction notifications when trying to pick up ammo.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Way too rough. No mouse invert. No save game option. No controls remap. Basic things like no interaction notifications when trying to pick up ammo.

well its an early version. My main problem was that the game didnt switch to fullscren although I tried the option and alt+enter.

With the notification: I actually like the minimal HUD. I guess there will be either an option to show hints later on or there will be a tutorial part to introduce the mechanics.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I rather liked the lack of notifications. Made it more immersive for me, but hopefully for those that want that kind of feed back it's an option later.
The thing that really bothered me was the lack of a reload noise for the rifle. I'd constantly hit the reload key to make sure it had actually been reloaded. Though it's really early in the build, i'm sure these things will be sorted out in time.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Demo is up as part of the Steam festival:
store.steampowered.com

INDUSTRIA - STEAM GAME FESTIVAL: Give our Industria demo another try! - Steam News

Hello fellow Industrians! Once again: Long time, no talk. Shame on us! But we have good news for today: It's Steam Game Festival again! There are more than 500 demos available here on Steam from February 3rd till February 9th. And even better news: Industria is part of it as well! For the next 6...

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
Wow this is my first time seeing this and I'm blown away! Definitely downloading the demo as soon as I'm home

This is still coming this year so far?

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I played the demo of this back in June and it was terrible. Will try and see if the new demo is any better.

edit: Nevermind. The demo still launches at 15fps and triggers SteamVR for no reason. Really poor first (and second) foot forward, IMO. Uninstalling.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
It's great when games have Spanish/Portuguese titles in order to look cool.

Loved the premise, will for sure try to run the demo in my potato PC.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Oh, I played the demo of this back in June and it was terrible. Will try and see if the new demo is any better.

edit: Nevermind. The demo still launches at 15fps and triggers SteamVR for no reason. Really poor first (and second) foot forward, IMO. Uninstalling.

Demo back then ran pretty smooth for me and i really liked it.
Especially since it tries to be similar to half life when it comes to puzzles. Especially with the physics involved. Loved that in HL2.