• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
Looks great!

I'm ok with the "coming soon" Switch release as I'm already buying Astral Chain, Zelda, DQXIS and LM3 :D

Hopefully, that port won't be a mess...

Last edited:

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Very excited to see this finally coming to fruition. I'm happy to hear they're delaying the Switch version to avoid the problems Bloodstained had (is still having?) at launch. I understand if you develop a game primarily for PC, it takes some optimization to get it running properly on the Switch.

With how packed September - November is already going to be for me, I have no issues waiting on my Switch copy.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
They also noted that the official "Writer" was hired later into development to put the story pieces together from prior years of development. It's hard to say whether that can come out clean or not as it would take a very skilled writer to manage that.
Yeah, that was a huge red flag for me too.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Ah, can't wait for that Steam backer key! Hopefully we get it a bit earlier than launch.

This split platform thing was a good idea on Lab Zero's part, now I can wait as long as it takes for the physical Switch backer copy to arrive in the post.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoyed the demo and the theme is used regularly on my PS4.

Looking forward to it!

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
source.gif

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to have a date! Though I'm bummed the Switch version is still TBD. I guess its not surprising given what went down with Bloodstained but it still sucks.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I selected switch for my kickstarter reward. Bummed out, but glad it's finally going to release.

Oct 27, 2017
I missed the news for this at first so I'm just catching up now. Excited to know it's launching soon! Can't wait to play it as I loved the demo and I play it through every six months or so.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
Very excited to see this finally coming to fruition. I'm happy to hear they're delaying the Switch version to avoid the problems Bloodstained had (is still having?) at launch. I understand if you develop a game primarily for PC, it takes some optimization to get it running properly on the Switch.

With how packed September - November is already going to be for me, I have no issues waiting on my Switch copy.
Oh they definitely still having lol. Switch has taken over development, and they barely patch the game atm. This is definitely the way to go forward. Delay the Switch version if you need to.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Yeah, that was a huge red flag for me too.
They seemed to be focusing a lot on character interaction and growth through the game so at least I'm hopeful that it'll bring some good moments. As long as it isn't all "battle your way from point A to B" and we continue getting interactions with our recruits as the main story develops, I'm fine.

I never thought about it before, but I guess we should compare this game a bit to Muramasa or Child of Light because of the sidescroll aspect to decide on our expectations.