• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Not expecting Silksong because any Hollow Knight news has never appeared in an Indie Direct. HK was an announcement, HK shadowdrop was at E3 2018, Silksong announcement was via Team Cherry's Twitter, shortly after the Feb 19th Direct and more Silksong gameplay got shown at the Nintendo Treehouse 2019. Never appeared in an Indie Direct and I don't think it will happen now. Hollow Knight might be too big of a name to appear in an Indie Direct

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
These go by quick, but I always end up loving at least one or two games, so I'm in. I'm also happy that the rumors are looking like they're true and that we're more than likely getting that next Direct next week

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, ever since Cadence of Hyrule I have an unreasonable expectation that there will be an indie announced using a Nintendo IP and it's only happened once. :(

Texan365

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man, I didn't even think about Silksong until all the mentions in this thread. Nearly as excited for this as the general direct (please be real) coming after.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
To quote myself from the direct thread:

As much as I'd like to see Silksong news tomorrow, and as much as I feel we are getting news soon,I don't think we will.

Firstly because indie directs primarily feature unnanounced ganes and secondly, because I (like to) think that Silksong is more general material.

Willing to eat crow on this, however.

I think Silksong is more general direct material, rather that indie world material, but I'd be happy to be wrong and get a trailer tomorrow.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
To quote myself from the direct thread:

I think Silksong is more general direct material, rather that indie world material, but I'd be happy to be wrong and get a trailer tomorrow.
Angry reminder that Silksong was announced on Twitter like an hour after a Nintendo Direct for some strange reason.

But I don't disagree that it's Direct material, September Direct material

Oct 25, 2017
Not expecting Silksong at all. I remember the publicity cycle (or lack thereof) for the Hollow Knight port and how Nintendo was dead silent about it on their end until it was ready at E3 2018, and I've been trained to err on the side of pessimism and patience. If the indie presentations adhere to any pattern at all, it's that there are very few repeat appearances if any at all, and that Nintendo likes to come off as the lead platform for new multiplatform announcements we aren't able to guess. Remember: this was their coordinated PR package for GDC. Expect the new.

Likeliest candidate for a high-profile imminent release that we already know about: I'm thinking CrossCode. Biggest potential catch that we don't already know exists, but is perhaps my most-wanted port: Outer Wilds. Other than that, I'm looking forward to totally unknown quantities, not established names in the scene.

I'm backlogged anyway from cutting way back on software spending all year, and it's Animal Crossing week. For me it's best to hear about new names I can get excited about in the medium term, and that's what I think we'll mostly get.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They were still adding new content and enemies to Silksong two or three months ago. That game's further off than some of you seem to think.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
They were still adding new content and enemies to Silksong two or three months ago. That game's further off than some of you seem to think.
Mossbag also talked to Ari and William at PAX Australia and said it sounded like it was quite a ways off as well, which is why I've been saying Holiday 2020 at the earliest.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not expecting Silksong at all. I remember the publicity cycle (or lack thereof) for the Hollow Knight port and how Nintendo was dead silent about it on their end until it was ready at E3 2018, and I've been trained to err on the side of pessimism and patience. If the indie presentations adhere to any pattern at all, it's that there are very few repeat appearances if any at all, and that Nintendo likes to come off as the lead platform for new multiplatform announcements we aren't able to guess. Remember: this was their coordinated PR package for GDC. Expect the new.

Spot on. People expecting Silksong need to temper their expectations; these presentations have always highlighted new indie games for showcase at events such as GDC/EGX Rezzed/etc. I can't think of the last time a major game saw a repeat apperance in one of these presentations.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm really hoping for Spelunky 1 (Derek was teasing it on Twitter) and Touhou Luna Nights which was supposed to have a Switch release in late 2019 but got pushed back an undisclosed number of months. Outer Wilds would be great too, though I don't know if that's possible.

it's becuz that direct was specifically for 2019 games, which silksong wasn't.
I guess that makes sense, but I'm still mad because it feels like they insulted my son

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Spot on. People expecting Silksong need to temper their expectations; these presentations have always highlighted new indie games for showcase at events such as GDC/EGX Rezzed/etc. I can't think of the last time a major game saw a repeat apperance in one of these presentations.

Technically, Silksong hasn't made an appearance yet, so it's still on the table /s

MrBanballow

Not changing this tag
May 1, 2019
Stanley Parable: Ultimate Deluxe available on the eShop... NOW!!

That's all I want. Please. With everything going on in the world, I need a game that teaches about making responsible choices.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017

That's all I want. Please. With everything going on in the world, I need a game that teaches about making responsible choices.
That would be cool.
the last thing we got from that was that weird QA video from december and they've been quiet since then.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that makes sense, but I'm still mad because it feels like they insulted my son
yeah, but nintendo really likes supporting team cherry, i don't think that was a snub. they've been putting demo stations for silksongs at their booth in a lot of 2019 events, for example, and it was at their e3 direct.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Yeah I was surprised to see Stanley Parable announced for everything but Switch at one of the Game Awards

Hopefully the dev reconsidered

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Would Torchlight 3 be an indie game?
To the best of my knowledge, they never actually announced what systems it was coming out for, so I've just been assuming that Switch would be included.
Huh, I remember watching the reveal during the Game Awards and being like, "Wait, no Switch?" for some reason. Also lol at the spiel on the website:
When The Stanley Parable came out, a lot of people asked us for more endings and more content.​

We told them it didn't need more content, that it was fine just the way it was, that it already had the perfect number of endings.​

What a sorry sack of lies that was.​

We knew it. We knew it were lying and we did it anyway. We've carried that shame around with us for years, a burden weighing on every moment of every day.​

Enough is enough.​

It's time to fix this, to unburden our shame. Let us give you our shame, for you to carry it around instead. We're sick of it.​

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Indie showcases are fun because I get in the spirit of hoping to see cool new things I didn't know about before, rather than updates on existing franchises. I'm looking forward to it!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Mineko's Night Market, come oooonnn!!!
I don't want to believe that this game is dead. u_u