• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What are some of the best console exclusive Indies out there?

Switch (+PC)
PS4 (+PC)
Xbox (+PC)

I'm really looking forward to Cadence of Hyrule on switch but I'm looking for more stuff you can't get elsewhere. Ape Out looks pretty great too. What're some of your favourites?

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

ProtossX

Jul 24, 2020
We need to see more indie exclusives. They probably aren't that hard to buy compared to a 3rd party AAA exclusives.

Jan 3, 2019
There are a bunch from the the early Vita days and the Santa Monica incubation program in the PS3 days

-Escape Plan
-Monsterbag
-Murasaki Baby

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the first ones that come to mind either had platform holder backing or were from last generation. Definitely a good thing a lot of the biggest indies are available in multiple places!

None of the games in this trailer are exclusive or console-exclusive to Xbox One.

Drake Hollow is a console exclusive.

ProtossX

Jul 24, 2020

True. I just meant a really good exclusive indie could help move some systems and get fans excited. Imagine if like Bloodstained Ritual of the night 2 was a PS5 exclusive. Everyone loves metroidvania's. You'd get a ton of PC/Xbox/Switch gamers excited to get a PS5 and PS5 owners would be cheering. It would help differentiate the platforms its just like a little cherry on top of your milkshake.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
True. I just meant a really good exclusive indie could help move some systems and get fans excited. Imagine if like Bloodstained Ritual of the night 2 was a PS5 exclusive. Everyone loves metroidvania's. You'd get a ton of PC/Xbox/Switch gamers excited to get a PS5 and PS5 owners would be cheering. It would help differentiate the platforms its just like a little cherry on top of your milkshake.
The main, and maybe only, positive part of an indie being exclusive is being funded by the platform holder in some way.
I think I get your point, but this can be applied to any game, not only indies.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Into the Breach (Switch and (PC) is one of the best video games ever made.

Katana ZERO (Switch and PC) is also amazing.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, you'd just get a bunch of pissed off people saying, "well, guess I'm not buying the next Bloodstained."

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Can't think of many modern examples sorry OP, but this had me wishing thatgamecompany put out more stuff, their PS3 run was so good between Flow, Flower, and Journey. I know these were all ported eventually but at the time they felt like some gems on the platform when indies weren't nearly as prevalent. Feels like Sony has steered away from more indie type spotlights and MS has taken their place. Game Pass really is a great platform for them to shine. I honestly can't keep up with how many are on there, and do miss the more curated spotlights of individual releases. Things get a bit lost in the shuffle otherwise.

Oct 29, 2017
Absolutely not. Stop it with this way of thinking. It doesn't benefit gamers in any way.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Can't think of many modern examples sorry OP, but this had me wishing thatgamecompany put out more stuff, their PS3 run was so good between Flow, Flower, and Journey. I know these were all ported eventually but at the time they felt like some gems on the platform when indies weren't nearly as prevalent. Feels like Sony has steered away from more indie type spotlights and MS has taken their place. Game Pass really is a great platform for them to shine. I honestly can't keep up with how many are on there, and do miss the more curated spotlights of individual releases. Things get a bit lost in the shuffle otherwise.

I have noticed that there have been less and less indies appearing on PS platform day 1 and more indies being timed exclusive on Xbox and Switch.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
As someone who only uses portables due to lack of time for a home console, all it would do is annoy me over the pointlessness of it, not make me excited to run out and buy a PlayStation.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there's a bunch of indies on switch which are also on PC and apple arcade, but not on ps/xb

personally an indie game being exclusive to a platform (in most cases, the exclusivity is timed) doesn't bother me as much as big games from big companies cuz i know the devs of these games could really use the money (and the marketing that comes with it) from these deals. and in some cases, it becomes a matter of time and resources and the devs prioritizing the platforms that they think makes the most sense for their game. of course tho in an ideal world every dev would have the resources to launch their games on as many platforms as possible.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017

Now imagine the same scenario, only the game is exclusive to Xbox and PS5 owners can't play it without spending hundreds of dollars on hardware. How does that milkshake taste now?

Indie developers sometimes taking exclusivity deals may be understandable if they lack the funds to release their games on all platforms but it is always bad news for customers.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The original Shantae for Game Boy Color is still a Nintendo console exclusive, and Limited Run Games just opened preorders for physical versions of it for both GBC and Switch. It's also digital too. I believe it's still on the 3DS eShop as well.

www.resetera.com

"Shantae" for Game Boy Color and Switch and "Shantae: Risky's Revenge" for Switch - Limited Run Collector's Editions ON SALE NOW!

PREORDERS CLOSE ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11TH AT 11:59PM EASTERN TIME! Shantae - Game Boy Color Collector's Edition: https://limitedrungames.com/products/shantae-gbc-collectors-edition Shantae - Nintendo Switch Collector's Edition...

Baba is You is a really good game. (Switch and Computers)

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

That sounds terrible.

Also, if anything, it would be moneyhatted for Switch, because that's where the audience is...

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I would like to know what indie exclusives do we get for Xbox and PlayStation in this and next year, be it crossgen or next gen

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Most of them are only going to be timed exclusives. There's few real big indie exclusives that last that way. Why would they stay exclusive if they are truly indie?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Exclusive indie games are usually owned by the platform holder, so not really indies (like Journey, Cadence of Hyrule...)

But there's a bunch of timed exclusives with the new consoles.