• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
According to Harrison Ford himself, Indiana Jones 5 is set to start shooting in "about two months," which would see Ford back on set as Dr. Henry Walton "Indiana" Jones Jr. around April 2020.

Speaking to CBS Sunday Morning, Ford was asked by correspondent Lee Cowan what the challenges are when returning to roles such as Han Solo and Indiana Jones after such a long period of time.

"Trying not to look silly... you know... hang around in tight pants and high boots," Ford joked. "I'll give you a more appropriate answer, considering I'm going to start doing Indiana Jones in about two months."

More at: https://za.ign.com/indiana-jones-v/...to-start-shooting-in-april-says-harrison-ford

Don't call me Junior if old

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky

This'll be when he loses the eye.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Spielberg was announced to work on some Blackhawk movie next? Or is that going to end up as another of a dozen projects Berg says he'll direct but never does?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
So will it be the North Vietnamese army tracking down some illustrious treasure this time?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hope they go all out with body doubles for Harrison Ford, replacing him with a 50 years younger double to do some crazy stunts, and back again to Ford

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
They should go full circle and have him try and find the Ark in the government warehouse.

2 hours of looking through crates would wear a man his age out.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
He was already old as shit in Force Awaken and that was 5 years ago, I can't think of how they can make it work with Indiana Jones. All he'll do is talk, sit and walk and most of the action will either be younger actors or CGIed.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
He was already old as shit in Force Awaken and that was 5 years ago, I can't think of how they can make it work with Indiana Jones. All he'll do is talk, sit and walk and most of the action will either be younger actors or CGIed.

DescriptiveSpeedyAlbino-size_restricted.gif

Yup. I'm worried we'll get this. And De Niro is younger than Harrison Ford.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I take it Spielberg is done with West Side Story.

Did Jon Kasdan ever formally depart from the project? Curious if it's still his script, or some form of it.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
so should be indy circa 1972... should be interesting.

though late 50s B-movie Indy sounded cool on paper as well. and... sigh

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
NO SHIA, NO BUY-A.

indy-skulls-25.JPG

I should probably go see that movie with the CGI dog with human expressions, but I'm terrified.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it normal to be going ahead when the script isn't there? I hope they don't screw this up, I want to see it and Ford to go out with a good film.

He is really old but apart from less meat on the bones he is in pretty good shape, he has always run like a old man that doesn't run. Doubt he can put on the weight to fill those pants though which is just getting old unfortunately and he doesn't go on the roids which is fine.

Just make a good Indie film and don't waste the opportunity.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Who wants that? Who is asking for that?

They need to recast and go back to the 30's or retire the character.

yeah there's really no arguing that

though personally i'd like to see a decent bookend to Ford's Indy, it's not like he aged like Marlon Brando or anything. would feel kind of like a wasted opportunity to pass up though i'm aware we have crystal skull as exhibit A against that

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd take the current version of Shia in an Indy film over the one we had swinging on vines with monkeys.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
As I've said in the past, if this is less cartoon, cgi action Indy and more Hitchcockian North by Northwest Indy this could be good. Lessen the physicality required by Ford and rely more on suspense, which we all know Spielberg can handle.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Crystal Skull is the only movie I've ever walked out of*. And I even knew it was going to be awful. It was somehow worse than that. So, uh, best wishes, but I'll wait for a review.

*Garden State, technically, but a tornado saved me from having to see the end of that. I didn't choose to leave.