• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Tennis era....I was SO pissed when I heard about this. This is going to reverberate dramatically over the next few months, especially in light of the fact that Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer are at the height of the GOAT race with so many records at stake. Nadal could have overtaken Djokovic in the rankings after Indian Wells, but won't because the tournament was cancelled. And because of that, Djokovic is guaranteed to remain No. 1 -- for now -- in his chase down of Federer's all-time ranking record.

And if the French Open is cancelled....all hell will break loose.

2020 BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament canceled because of outbreak of coronavirus

The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, continues to spread across the globe and is increasingly impacting the world of sports. So far we've seen soccer games in Italy played behind closed doors, the NBA inform teams they should stop post-game handshakes and the NHL ban media from team dressing rooms.

In the latest development, an ATP and WTA Tour tennis tournament has been shut down, making it the first major sports event in the U.S. to be canceled because of the outbreak. Late on Sunday night, the 2020 BNP Paribas Open issued a press release saying this year's event will not take place because the Coachella Valley in California is now under a public health emergency
www.cbssports.com

2020 BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament canceled because of outbreak of coronavirus

The ATP and WTA Tour event in Indian Wells, Calif., is the first major sporting event in the U.S. called off because of the virus

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
It finally hits me where it hurts. Fed ain't gonna complain considering he's in recovery tho.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Tennis era....I was SO pissed when I heard about this. This is going to reverberate dramatically over the next few months, especially in light of the fact that Djokovic, Nadal, and Federer are at the height of the GOAT race with so many records at stake. Nadal could have overtaken Djokovic in the rankings after Indian Wells, but won't because the tournament was cancelled. And because of that, Djokovic is guaranteed to remain No. 1 -- for now -- in his chase down of Federer's all-time ranking record.

And if the French Open is cancelled....all hell will break loose.

www.cbssports.com

The ATP and WTA Tour event in Indian Wells, Calif., is the first major sporting event in the U.S. called off because of the virus
Local-ish person here. They just admitted someone to the nearby hospital who tested positive just the other day. That was probably the big reason.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Rumors of all professional tennis tours going on hiatus for at least six weeks are floating around right now.

Should be announced tomorrow.

Deleted member 45211

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Dude, it's highly contagious, the full status of the infection rate is unknown, and players and fans deserve to be safe.

Social distancing is the way to go. Cancel everything for at least the next month.