• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
He talks mostly about racial inequality in america in his videos. I didn't hear anything too extreme, although his views are probably fringe.

There's a disturbing short of him just filming a crowded subway...

He admits in one video being high while making them. Not sure on what, could be weed or meth maybe? It's a little difficult for me to understand him. I gathered that he used to live in NYC and PHilly. Then he moved to Milwaukee, and recently moved back to Philly.

Oct 27, 2017
He talks mostly about racial inequality in america in his videos. I didn't hear anything too extreme, although his views are probably fringe.

There's a disturbing short of him just filming a crowded subway...

He admits in one video being high while making them. Not sure on what, could be weed or meth maybe? It's a little difficult for me to understand him. I gathered that he used to live in NYC and PHilly. Then he moved to Milwaukee, and recently moved back to Philly.
Haven't watched his videos yet, but he talks about racial inequality but decides to shoot at a crowded subway in a low-income diverse part of NYC?

Huh?

I guess he's just off the deep end?

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
It seems he was anti-defund the police, made videos claiming that we should bring stop and frisk back, etc.

He could have tried to prove his point by....causing more violence? It's clearly not rational.

I don't really want to watch any more of his videos, but there are a lot of them.

SevKnight

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
City of Apples
Before the pandemic, riding the subway was like playing an oldschool Shin Megami Tensei game, now I fear it's turned into a masochist romhack of Super Meat Boy.

This is just reason #627 why I'm grateful for my car. I'd rather deal with the costs of owning a car and have to scramble around for parking like a sweaty rodent than put up with random perverts trying to feel up my crotch or gross sweaty bald guys sweating all over my back and arm in a crowded train.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Before the pandemic, riding the subway was like playing an oldschool Shin Megami Tensei game, now I fear it's turned into a masochist romhack of Super Meat Boy.
Underrated, not as hard if you actually delve into the mechanics and really enjoyable? American public transit pre-Covid sounds great.
But on topic, it is a bit strange to me as European to see footage from like a hundred years ago of how much great public transit there was in some American cities with lots of money flowing into it, and it seems now it's just ageing and barely maintained.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017

This is just reason #627 why I'm grateful for my car. I'd rather deal with the costs of owning a car and have to scramble around for parking like a sweaty rodent than put up with random perverts trying to feel up my crotch or gross sweaty bald guys sweating all over my back and arm in a crowded train.

Grass is greener, I guess. I just got back from a week long NYC trip and the subway pretty much solidified my desire to move somewhere where driving isn't a necessity to get around (I've also had vast experience with Seoul's subway and other systems in Asia). As a Houstonian, I fucking abhor cars and driving. I'd get rid of my car today if subways or buses were a legitimate and valid way to get around here.

Driving isn't safe either:
www.khou.com

Kids, cars, guns and rage on Houston roads

At least a dozen Houston-area children have been injured or killed in road rage cases over the last six months.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Grass is greener, I guess. I just got back from a week long NYC trip and the subway pretty much solidified my desire to move somewhere where driving isn't a necessity to get around (I've also had vast experience with Seoul's subway and other systems in Asia). As a Houstonian, I fucking abhor cars and driving. I'd get rid of my car today if subways or buses were a legitimate and valid way to get around here.
You're not wrong. This isn't a New York only problem.

FQKZXWnXEAozM-v

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Nope.
Parking is hell. NYC 'traffic enforcement' that ignores moving violations but will ticket you double parking for two seconds running in for a deli pickup at the same time.

I have a car that I need because its how I get to my elderly parents but I avoid it like the plague. My fav is walking and seeing everyone in their cars double parked during an alternate parking day browsing their phone for an hour and a half so they don't lose their spot. Id rather risk getting stabbed.

Overall I don't feel less safe in the subway*. But I think its because I don't see the increase in homeless as crime because most just want to be left alone (not saying your doing this, its just often thats the proof for it being unsafe in media). Its a well earned side effect of reaping what we've sewn. It was also an uptick I noticed before covid; I would see homeless men from outside the community in deep disenfranchised minority outer borough neighborhoods that would have been unheard of during even 90's NY when homeless mostly tended to stay in Manhattan because of better hustle opportunity and easier to stay faceless.

*That said, the above is not factoring in covid/crowds/mask enforcement which trust, I get why people want to avoid the subway for those reasons.

Last edited:

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Underrated, not as hard if you actually delve into the mechanics and really enjoyable? American public transit pre-Covid sounds great.
But on topic, it is a bit strange to me as European to see footage from like a hundred years ago of how much great public transit there was in some American cities with lots of money flowing into it, and it seems now it's just ageing and barely maintained.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galveston–Houston_Electric_Railway

The fact that this used to exist makes me sad. Now there's a highway running where it was.

RedBaron17

Oct 27, 2017
Just got an Emergency Alert on my phone about this guy. Everyone in the office got one in fact. Kinda creepy hearing all of our phones go off at the same time with that alarm sound.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some reporter needs to challenge Gov. Hochul on her NRA history. All these guns on the street are unacceptable.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yeah. That would be unsettling if everyone in my office received that at once.
I can't recall them ever using the city-wide alert system to hunt for a suspect, though it may have happened a couple times in the past. The sound alone is extremely jarring, as it should be. Very likely millions of phones in the city and surrounding areas went off at the same time with it, though my SO's didn't so I imagine this is the type of alert that can be disabled in a phone's settings. Would've definitely been surreal if not still WFH to hear the office light up.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Would've definitely been surreal if not still WFH to hear the office light up.
It was. It was frightening and alarming at first... I honestly couldn't tell if it was a fire alarm or not - because it was SO loud across the office.

They have used it before for suspects or amber alerts in the city - but it's pretty rare, so when it happened it spooked everyone. I think the last one that I remember was the bomber in Chelsea - when they uncovered his name, they blasted that out.

The train in this morning was a bit strange overall - lots of heads on swivels, everyone was HIGHLY aware, and believe it or not, just lots of eye contact with fellow passengers as people were scanning around.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was. It was frightening and alarming at first... I honestly couldn't tell if it was a fire alarm or not - because it was SO loud across the office.

They have used it before for suspects or amber alerts in the city - but it's pretty rare, so when it happened it spooked everyone.

The train in this morning was a bit strange overall - lots of heads on swivels, everyone was HIGHLY aware, and believe it or not, just lots of eye contact with fellow passengers as people were scanning around.
It's scary. I will be back in the office fulltime in a couple weeks, and this certainly isn't helping matters.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Thought I had seen a report that he was caught but must have been fake.

Surprised he isn't caught yet.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
It's a shame that often times these days, shooters will kill themselves instead of getting caught and tried. Really hope that's not the case and he sees some form of justice.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Overheard ppl in the city calling him a "black supremacist terrorist", so thats great

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017