• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I used to dream about Level-5 surprising everyone and putting out Dark Cloud 3

Now I dream about Level-5 surprising everyone and putting out a single game that's not an enormous disaster in some way.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Level 5 should start doing contract work again. They could use the reliable revenue. Maybe Square Enix would be willing to let them do Dragon Quest again since DQIX turned out well.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This just tells me I need to move on. This has been one of my most anticipated game for years now, but it's hard to remain interested with so many delays/

At least Yokai Watch 4 was a really good game.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i wonder how many more times ushiro is gonna get rebooted.

Level 5 should start doing contract work again. They could use the reliable revenue. Maybe Square Enix would be willing to let them do Dragon Quest again since DQIX turned out well.
SE made 11 mostly in-house and it was a success, not sure why they'd go back to level-5 (specially now).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I don't think it would hurt Hino to pitch something to MS. Yes, there's the whole TFLO thing as prior history, but Phil is several exec's removed from that whole situation and he's definitely looking for content in the country.

Part of Level 5's recent issues are that they think they're too big for that kind of thing now, they even ditched the relationship with Nintendo that made Layton, Yokai Watch and Fantasy Life international hits.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
level-5 is probably a waste of money for any big publisher to go after now, 1st or 3rd party. their name and their IPs aren't worth much anymore.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Very surprised Level 5's idea to oversaturate the shit out of all their ips and turn them into multi media franchises has failed miserably.

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is happening at Level-5? This isn't normal.
Get rid of Hino. Seriously. He has no idea what he's doing now.
And get back into your partnerships. Ni no Kuni 2 has been your only global success in the past few years because it came out the same time worldwide thanks to Bamco. International audiences are sick of your "2-3 year localization delay" bullshit, and no amount of cute winks & nods about it on Twitter will fix that.

Part of Level 5's recent issues are that they think they're too big for that kind of thing now, they even ditched the relationship with Nintendo that made Layton, Yokai Watch and Fantasy Life international hits.
I know that, but I think that their grand experiment has reached its conclusion and it simply does not work. Even if Hino has to hold his nose up in order to do it, I don't think he can avoid it without grave repercussions.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is happening at Level-5? This isn't normal.
Get rid of Hino. Seriously. He has no idea what he's doing now.
And get back into your partnerships. Ni no Kuni 2 has been your only global success in the past few years because it came out the same time worldwide thanks to Bamco. International audiences are sick of your "2-3 year localization delay" bullshit, and no amount of cute winks & nods about it on Twitter will fix that.

Hino IS Level 5. He writes, produces, and/or directs most of their output and I'm not even sure if he owns the company outright.

I know that, but I think that their grand experiment has reached its conclusion and it simply does not work. Even if Hino has to hold his nose up in order to do it, I don't think he can avoid it without grave repercussions.

I would agree, Hino needs to swallow his pride.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
They could have released the missing Inazuma games in this time for the 3ds or switch. I'm sure they would have seen some sales.

Didn't this exact thing happen last year, though?

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't this exact thing happen last year, though?
More like every year
www.gematsu.com

Inazuma Eleven Ares delayed past May 2019 in Japan, constant delays explained

Level-5 president and CEO Akihiro Hino hosted a special, 15-minute broadcast today to explain the constant delays faced by Inazuma Eleven Ares, the latest title in its soccer RPG series. While its …
www.nintendolife.com

Inazuma Eleven Ares Gets A New Name And A Delay To 2020

Inazuma Eleven: Heroes’ Great Road

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I have to imagine Bandai Namco is funding another Ni no Kuni at some point at least, but yeah in-house Level-5 appears to be a complete mess

They need to work on a new IP without focusing so much on the potential licensing. In the meantime port up older games like Fantasy Life, or something.

I have to imagine Bandai Namco is funding another Ni no Kuni at some point at least, but yeah in-house Level-5 appears to be a complete mess

They need to work on a new IP without focusing so much on the potential licensing. In the meantime port up older games like Fantasy Life, or something.
After how poorly the remaster and the movie did, I wouldn't be so sure about Bamco's commitment to the IP abroad.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they do? they did an enhanced port of 8 for 3DS with no involvement from level-5. expect the same to happen if they ever remade 9.
the mobile port wasn't done by L5 either. but L5 had some credit (a special thanks or whatever) for DQ11. don't think they worked on it though

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Well, what to think of my 2nd favorite game company during the DS and 3DS years...

But I still have faith.

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt MS want to wait 5+ years to release niche JRPGs that won't make profit on Xbox.

Nintendo or Square would make sense, but I doubt they are interested.
Nintendo probably would be - they keep funding Bayonetta after all. The question is if they are still interested given that since L5 stopped their partnership they became such a mess.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
I just feel L5 is on its last legs with YW not being popular anymore and new Inazuma development, which will probably not sell that much. Hopefully I'm wrong.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Its almost impressive how level 5 mismanages every franchise they have have.

Oct 31, 2017
I never watched the anime or played the series, but.... Weren't those "ties" to the animated version basically the main selling point?
Seems like a questionable strategy.

bunikerrim

Oct 3, 2019
It must be depressing to do a game on a story that's 2-3 years old, knowing that you're not going to be able to cover all the arcs in the anime, but this is probably one of the worst directed messes I've seen. At this point, this "freedom over volume" thing sound like the game will be done fast to get it out as soon as possible, being completely barebones and focusing on the e-sports like they have said in the past, so basically a Pokemon Sword/Shield scenario

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
FOR
FUCKS
SAKES
HINO

JUST..... STOP! PLEASE

The fact that they're acknowledging GO already makes this a shitshow.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
  • Due to game development issues, production was difficult and the schedule was significantly delayed. The critical user feedback online led to a decline in staff motivation, putting the game in a difficult situation.
  • While Level-5 once considered stopping the game's development, there were fans who sincerely supported them, so they decided to try and resume development somehow.

This is both touching and concerning at the same time.