• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 5, 2018
For me I started properly with the forced unleashed which was a fun for what it was (the sequel was one of the most cash grabby game's I've played) from there I went into the SWTOR mmo which I enjoyed but being an mmo could never really get into it, since then I fell in love with kotor, 2 was so fun (that mining section at the start is awful though) but since playing them none have really worked for me.

What are you experiences with them and when was the last time you really enjoyed one? Also are they any your looking forward to?

May 19, 2020
the force unleashed is stupid fun and the beginning part where darth vader drops a mega force shit on all the wookies is still hilarious to this day

Ukumio

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Australia
Jefi: Fallen Order was enjoyable and a lot of fun. I've played it multiple times and even 100%'d it. Which i rarely do. Have still yet to get all the collectibles for the last two Tomb Raider games.

Oct 27, 2017
Fallen Order, looking forward to that sequel. But I really miss the Rogue Squadron series. Squadrons is a cool game, but I just love the Rogue squadron games mission design and arcade feel. Battlefront flying didn't do it for me either, just wish Factor 5 would come back :(

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
I would say I enjoyed Fallen Order enough to qualify that. Before that... Eh, maybe Force Unleashed (1, NOT 2). I loved the Jedi Knight series quite hard before that. Kyle Katarn is still my favorite SW character, and they fucked him hard by not using him for Rogue One.

I'd imagine the next enjoyable SW game will be whatever a Fallen Order follow-up is, unless something smaller comes out of nowhere before then (like Squadrons).

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed Fallen Order, really looking forward to seeing how they build on it, as there's lots of potential. Probably be out within a few years I think.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Fallen Order was an excellent game min general and I am excited for whatever news we get on its sequel whenever it is ready.

May 19, 2020
if fallen order wasn't this like reheated casserole of better action/adventure games i'd probably enjoy it more but it does nothing particularly well, it's also criminally boring character/story wise

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Fallen Order was a great one and done game pass game. I probably wouldn't want to spend full price for it though.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed Fallen Order. Squadrons is already out but that's one I hope to try at some point and the sequel to Fallen Order.

May 19, 2020
i'd really like more star wars games to basically throw lore in the garbage like the force unleashed did so they can just make something actually fun/funny like darth vader having an edgy son who does god of war QTEs to kill people lol

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Haven't played Fallen Order, but I've put over 100 hours into SWTOR and had a good time with it overall, so that would be my pick for now.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
Squadrons is not perfect but it's still quite cool and fun. So it's very recent.

I was also really into Fallen Order, can't wait for a sequel.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Squadrons was great. So was Fallen Order.

I anticipate whatever is cooking up next at EA, whether it's FO2 or a game from Motive or Bioware (pipe dream) will be great.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Star Wars: Squadrons. Jedi: Fallen Order before that. Battlefront 2 before that.

And from there it's a biiiiiiig gap back to probably KOTOR II. We're finally in something of a Star Wars game revival as far as I'm concerned. I didn't like Force Unleashed.

Oct 25, 2017
Squadrons and Fallen Order were legitimately good.
Battlefront 1&2 were too big of disappointments to be properly enjoyed personally

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I have had plenty of fun with Battlefront 2, Fallen Order, and Squadrons.

I too loved Force Unleashed but never played the sequel.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Fallen Order but I hear good things. I liked the new Battlefront games.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Fallen Order was a lot of fun. Hope they have more time for the sequel and make something really special

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Squadrons, it only released almost three months ago.

Squadrons was pretty much the game I wanted out of Star Wars for a while: an X-Wing/TIE Fighter successor. I haven't played the originals, but I had been playing Elite Dangerous for years, and wanted a modern take on that. Also good multiplayer PvP without the risk of losing resources for the rest of the game the wasn't dead (aka Elite Dangerous Arena/CQC).

The flight model is more "gamey" than Elite's, but that's fine honestly since these are made up ships and technology in a franchise that involves space wizards. Everything behaves reasonably though. There's advanced mechanics like power management and drifting. They even have the power management on "simple" by default, and you have to change that to "advanced" to truly get the most out of it. The drifting is a lot simpler than the equivalent in Elite Dangerous, but still a mechanic you should master.

It's also just a $40 game with no live service MTX, and no MTX period. They even added post launch content in the form of maps and ships already! They added support for headtracking on PC, something the community had been begging for since day one.

I use all of the following to play Elite Dangerous:

Flight Stick
Throttle
Rudder Pedals
Headtracking device or VR headset

Squadrons supports all of those.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
The last game I'd say I truly enjoyed was probably KOTOR2 (with all the mod fixings to restore the lost content).

The main thing I'm hoping for, with the slate of Star Wars content being revealed and released in the years to come, is that we'll see more and more games that are able to do what I want most: be far removed from the setting of the movies, and tell their own stories.

Needless to say, stuff like the rumors of a "reboot" of KOTOR are stuff that I've been paying attention with great interest. Between the new nifty-peachy High Republic media project starting in January, and other media possibly exploring the Jedi's origin, there's a lot of potential to tell stories about Jedi, Sith and other stuff far beyond eras where Skywalkers and Yoda were a thing.

KAMI-SAMA

Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I really enjoyed Fallen Order but even more than that I enjoyed Star Wars Battlefront 2. The original one from 2005.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I really loved Fallen Order. Before that, Force Unleashed 1/2 were both pretty fun. Just a pretty wide gap between those and Fallen Order. I've got hope for the Fallen Order sequel whenever that comes, and maybe any other singleplayer title that's put out in the meantime.

Alex Connolly

Oct 27, 2017
Kagoshima, Japan
Probably the ugly but endearing Renegade Squadron on PSP. Huge achievement for a handheld. Hundreds of hours online.

images

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

I was in my dormitory, alone, in the middle of bumblefuck Oregon...
The feeling of being in a Star Wars game was immense and so immersive to my 16-year-old self. <3

Roshin

Oct 30, 2017
Sweden
That would be Rogue Squadron and Republic Commando, even though they have their flaws.

I haven't played Squadrons yet. Fallen Order is great if you somehow associate Star Wars with lots of jumping, swinging, skating, and wallrunning.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
KOTOR was probably the last super memorable one, prior to that Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and Mysteries of the Sith. Outcast was cool but didn't hit me in the same way the others did.

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
Battlefront 2015 was great. I played a few hundred hours of it.

As for if they will be good again, I haven't played Squadrons or Jedi Fallen Order, so it could be _right now_.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I want my mandalorian bounty hunter game loosely modeled after JFO and made by Respawn and I want it in a reasonable 24 months and not a moment later.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Enjoyable? Squadrons, Fallen Order, Battlefront 2, Battlefront. If it wasn't so damn buggy I would honestly put Fallen Order up there with Jedi Outcast and either KOTOR.

Genuinely looking forward to the next Star Wars game, whatever shape that takes.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter

I was in my dormitory, alone, in the middle of bumblefuck Oregon...
The feeling of being in a Star Wars game was immense and so immersive to my 16-year-old self. <3

This. Squadrons don't quite capture the same magic.

Also TIEs having so much hp basically brings it down to meh.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars: Squadrons. Jedi: Fallen Order before that. Battlefront 2 before that.

And from there it's a biiiiiiig gap back to probably KOTOR II. We're finally in something of a Star Wars game revival as far as I'm concerned. I didn't like Force Unleashed.

You're forgetting all the awesome Lego games.