• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
What things out there live up to the metric ton of money thrown at consumers to convince them, Era? This can pertain to specific slogan/jingles, but also to the general marketing or word of mouth. If a commercial says something is the coolest thing around, do you agree?

I'll start with what put the question in my head:
redhot.jpg

Frank's marketing slogan is "I put that shit on everything" and lately its been true. If I put this stuff on one thing on the plate I'll put it on the rest eventually, too. Its good.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Buckley's

Shit tastes like the most horrendous stuff like puke on a spoon but yeah my cold or flu or whatever won't last longer than 24 hours after I take it.

Thank goodness for the new gel cap ones whewww

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
91CiH8LHPyL._AC_SY741_.jpg

I drink too much coffee and this is so damn handy against any coffee-on-clothing issues.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sonicare. You thought you were brushing your teeth without this? Nah, man.

Cascade Platinum. This cleans way better than other dishwashing packs and doesn't require pre-soaking.

Ninja Foodi Grill. This is so dope. It's a grill and air fryer combination that does both well and is easy to clean.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eames Lounge Chair

Red Wing Boots

LG OLED

Vitamix Blender

I don't want to admit it, but the AirPods have been pretty fantastic.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Instant Pot, Kindle (not sure about the marketing but this device is pretty much perfect), and Masterpiece Transformers.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dyson vacuums.

I live with two dogs, a German Shepherd with medium hair who sheds like mad and a Pitt Bull who is shorter hair and sheds a decent bit. With normal maintenance the vacuum pulls more than it's weight, just a mid-teir battery powered model. I use it typically 3-4 times a week on the hardwood floor and sofa, easy to clean, lightweight and makes cleaning pretty quick. I was hesitant about the price initially, but two years in I'd say it's worth it.

OP
OP
GenericBadGuy

GenericBadGuy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree about insant pots and Yankee Candle. Yankee is irritating actually - the cost is ridiculous but knock offs don't come close.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Dyson vacuums.

I live with two dogs, a German Shepherd with medium hair who sheds like mad and a Pitt Bull who is shorter hair and sheds a decent bit. With normal maintenance the vacuum pulls more than it's weight, just a mid-teir battery powered model. I use it typically 3-4 times a week on the hardwood floor and sofa, easy to clean, lightweight and makes cleaning pretty quick. I was hesitant about the price initially, but two years in I'd say it's worth it.

Yep, it's disgusting how well these work on max suction modes. One boxer dog here but compared to our old vacuum(s) a Dyson really shows you how dirty your dog hair made things. It wasn't cheap by any means but having two young kids and seeing the difference in results I'd never buy a different brand anymore.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yep, it's disgusting how well these work on max suction modes. One boxer dog here but compared to our old vacuum(s) a Dyson really shows you how dirty your dog hair made things. It wasn't cheap by any means but having two young kids and seeing the difference in results I'd never buy a different brand anymore.
Yeah, they tout the engineering of their unique suction system and it really lives up to the hype. I'm mad I didn't get one sooner, I doubted them for years.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree about insant pots and Yankee Candle. Yankee is irritating actually - the cost is ridiculous but knock offs don't come close.
I quite enjoy being able to get yankee candles at like $4 per. People donate them to my local thrift store all the time, brand new ones even. Sadly most of the ones I've gotten that I would be tempted to buy again are no longer made so getting another one would be like $100 lol.

So I've seen Air fryers mentioned which was the gadget I got a few years back so I will just say my newest kitchen toy that I've had for like 1.5 years

anova-precision-cooker-sous-vide-wifi.jpg

my sous vide device which allows me to cook a perfect medium rare steak on my stove without much worry that I will screw it up.

Deleted member 46493

Banned
Aug 7, 2018
AirPods Pro, Mr Clean eraser, Instant Pot, pretty much all cleaning products that have been around for a while.

EternalWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Oklahoma, USA
Man I miss Market Basket.
Instant pot
Sonicare toothbrush
SSD, this is the upgrade I've been looking for
G-Sync with a 1440p, 144hz monitor
Galaxy S10+

Last but certainly not least:
91TrJDxxrkL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Holy shit does this stuff work. I've used these at my previous job when ants invaded my office and twice at home in the kitchen. You're probably thinking, well if they work so well, why did you have to use them in the kitchen twice? There's approximately an 8 year gap between uses. The day after you place it, you'll see an increase is activity. Then after that, it drops off sharply and eventually you stop seeing them all together. It takes a bit of time but works very well.

Jan 2, 2018
E-readers.

I get to take a 1000 books with me on vacation without needing an extra luggage.

The screens are very good now and have backlight for reading in the dark.

I can't live without it anymore.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assumed from their irritating radio ads that Bombas socks would be terrible but they're actually really good.

and those white foam wall/stain erasers really do miracles

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
Active queue management really lives up to promise of good Qos. I don't buy routers that will not employ or aren't capable of it. Make latency your bitch fellas.

Deleted member 4552

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are these those disposable mini flesh lights? What kind of marketing exists for this lol.

halloween-costume-cosplay-shibuya-tokyo-2014-17.jpg

Tenga is a really popular Halloween costume in Tokyo.

I never used the one this guy is dressed as, it's the reusable one but I did try the egg when my girlfriend went on a business trip to Spain .

Poor myself a glass of wine, light a candle, sexy playlist on Spotify, and some time with just me and my egg.

Pop to the sento later on, what more could you want. Gotta spoil yourself sometimes.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Last but certainly not least:
91TrJDxxrkL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Holy shit does this stuff work. I've used these at my previous job when ants invaded my office and twice at home in the kitchen. You're probably thinking, well if they work so well, why did you have to use them in the kitchen twice? There's approximately an 8 year gap between uses. The day after you place it, you'll see an increase is activity. Then after that, it drops off sharply and eventually you stop seeing them all together. It takes a bit of time but works very well.
DUDE those are awesome. We had problems with ants last year. They worked incredibly well.

Also another shout out for Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. Use them every week to clean my shower and tub.

Nov 9, 2017

The marketing on Dr. Bronners is batshit insane, but it has really good word of mouth recommendations. Tried it and now can't do without it.

PRBoricua23

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
Sonicare. You thought you were brushing your teeth without this? Nah, man.

Cascade Platinum. This cleans way better than other dishwashing packs and doesn't require pre-soaking.

Ninja Foodi Grill. This is so dope. It's a grill and air fryer combination that does both well and is easy to clean.

My brother has the Ninja blender & coffee pot and he SWEARS by them.