• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MF’ers still MAGA MAGA?

• I see more maga people now

• I see less maga people now

• Same

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Yes his supporters have dug in and doubled/tripled down. But, are there less of them?

In my experience I see way less support for him. It's just that the ones that still support him have gotten louder

Happy thanksgiving. Don't forget to talk politics at the table. It's your duty.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
I saw a neckbeard/white male in downtown Seattle of all places with a MAGA hat/shirt. I was actually surprised since it's Seattle, but I had to do a double take (red colored hats are forever ruined for me). This was like a month or so ago.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a lot but the ones I do see tend to start a lot of shit so it looks like there are more than there are

Or at least there are more of the ones you think of when you hear 'Trump supporter' than there are

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a liberal bubble, barely see any MAGA hats outside of proud boy demonstrations.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Theres a hardware store next door to me that has a trump 2020 banner and he walks around with a maga shirt.
But other than that you rarely see it aside from the rare Trump 2020 flag or w.e.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Less, but I get the impression the actual amount is just mostly the same. People are just less interested in expressing Trump support after he's been president for three years.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I saw a pickup truck with a huge punisher skull flag, blue Lives matter flag and a Confederate flag sticker at my Walmart. I'm assuming it's from an employee because I always see it there.

My neighborhood has a lot of cops in it so tons of blue Lives matter flags, but nothing specifically Trump related.

lurksalot

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
My wife and I recently drove thru rural Michigan and Indiana and remarked about not seeing a single Trump yard sign or bumper sticker anywhere on our round trip.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jCeBtds.gif

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I live in a pretty progressive city, obvious MAGA types have always been rare. There have been more white supremacist rallies, but those are often organized by people who don't even live here. Hate crimes have been on the rise I think, but I'm not totally sure.

If anything, the hatred of Trump and his ilk has motivated people who oppose him to be more active and visible. I know several trans people (including me) who are more determined than ever to be our true selves in public because we know it's a (partial) antidote to MAGA terrorism. BIPOC organizing also seems to be gaining new energy and momentum, too.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Work with 3 people who are Trump supporters, we get along for the most part. Two of them voted for him and the other was a younger guy who didn't vote but said he would have voted for Trump. It came up one day I just said they voted for a crook and a con man. We don't talk politics much.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
About the same, but I live in a red state where many people consider him the greatest thing since sliced bread, so it would need a massive drop in support amongst Republicans for me to actually notice a difference.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
I live in a solid red state and it's basically the same amount. It's not rare to see several Trump bumper stickers when I go out somewhere.

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I know in my office, the 3 vocal Trump supporters are now down to 1, with the other 2 regretting ever voting for him. Small pool, I know, but I don't get out much.

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
The people I know who proudly supported him suddenly don't want to talk about politics. I see very few people openly supporting him.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Same, as in barely none. I'll see the occasional trump sticker every few months, that's mostly it.

I saw a neckbeard/white male in downtown Seattle of all places with a MAGA hat/shirt. I was actually surprised since it's Seattle, but I had to do a double take (red colored hats are forever ruined for me). This was like a month or so ago.

I saw a kid walking around with a shit eating grin and a MAGA hat a few months back in Seattle. Haven't seen one since.

It's nice living in a place where most people are at least smart enough not to support a bumbling racist idiot.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I see about the same. They're the double down on supporting Trump types though so I don't think they're growing in numbers.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure. Those I work with stopped saying stuff around me. They generally talk very differently when it's only older white people in the room, but that's mostly stopped around me after I said a few things.

Edit: I haven't seen as many wearing overt Trump gear.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
About the same, but where I live is predominantly black, so that "same" is almost nothing. I have seen one MAGA shirt or hat in the past three years.

I know for a fact we have racist, right-wing white people here. I just don't don't think they walk around advertising it.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
As I take my dog on long walks around our neighborhood every night I still see one or so houses per block with a Trump 2020 flag up where their 2016 were before that since his election. It's pathetic.

Oct 27, 2017
OKC
i see em about the same. mostly in traffic, there is always some huge lifted truck with trump garbage all over it.

edit: also, some of the shitty trumpers in my office are now just full on q-anon people which is.... honestly frightening.

FenninRo

alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2019
I feel like I see more people expressing some manner of acceptance or understanding for Trump in the last year or so (particularly after the Mueller stuff sputtered out). Not MAGA hat wearers by any means, but people who would previously say getting him out of office is the top priority and imperative to the continued existence of our republic, only to now not really care all that much.

Jehuty

Oct 25, 2017
West of Milwaukee, WI is literal Republican land. Having visited some friends who live out there, I can say that there are less of them. Its kinda weird. Its almost like people in the burbs are embarrassed to be associated with Trump. It means very little since they will end of voting for him anyways. I will say this, Evers beat Walker for governor here last year. Evers is about as bland as a politician can get. People in the state were just fed up with Walker. If the same happens with Trump, then he will lose Wisconsin. If trump loses Wisconsin, no way he wins Michigan or Pennsylvania.

OP
OP
Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
West of Milwaukee, WI is literal Republican land. Having visited some friends who live out there, I can say that there are less of them. Its kinda weird. Its almost like people in the burbs are embarrassed to be associated with Trump. It means very little since they will end of voting for him anyways. I will say this, Evers beat Walker for governor here last year. Evers is about as bland as a politician can get. People in the state were just fed up with Walker. If the same happens with Trump, then he will lose Wisconsin. If trump loses Wisconsin, no way he wins Michigan or Pennsylvania.

This makes me believe the whole "we need to run a moderate" argument.

ReAxion

Oct 26, 2017
the same, perhaps slightly fewer. i have not see the street corner group in a few months. their numbers got smaller but they also chose seemingly random times to be there - like nothing was going on politically for them to be out about.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From 2015-early 2019 I saw about 6 MAGA people (hats or whatever) total.

Since about March I've seen 14 hats/shirts/idiots in the wild.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Less but in Massachusetts there weren't a ton to begin with. Only one regular customer still has a trump/ lock her up bumper sticker and she is a fucking bitch to start with.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
The MAGAs didn't invade from MAGAland over night, even if it felt like it. MAGAman just gave the MAGAs a slogan. They've always been ready to MAGA. They will MAGA long after MAGAman chokes on his last MAGAfry.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco

There was a small Trump march (10-15 people) outside my Capital Hill apartment a few months ago. Shit was weird

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I work in retail so I see them all the time. They are however a lot less loud and proud about it lately.

Instead of talking about Trump they are back to generic conservative talking points.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure they still exist en masse but I've definitely seen a notable decrease in the number of them sporting pro-Trump apparel. I imagine this will change once we're in election season again.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I definitely see way fewer Trump bumper stickers these days, but that might just be because of how long ago the election was.

For what it's worth, I'm in Florida, but South Florida. We're about as blue as NYC down here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
If I go to the gym and see people watching Fox news then I feel like I still see them.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I generally see more. I think some felt like they couldn't express themselves for a while.
Trump offered people the one thing no one else would: permission to be the worst version of themselves. Unfortunately, that's quite appealing to a not-insignificant percentage of the population.

Flex1212

Jul 12, 2019
I live in Maryland and I maybe see an occasional car or two but it's rare. We hate Trump in my area.