• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
www.wsfa.com

Tuskegee city councilman welcomes arrest over damaged Confederate statue

A Tuskegee city councilman who was among two people responsible for damaging a 115-year-old Confederate monument Wednesday struck a defiant tone Thursday as charges are mulled by the sheriff’s and district attorney’s offices.

A Tuskegee city councilman who was among two people responsible for damaging a 115-year-old Confederate monument Wednesday afternoon struck a defiant tone Thursday, even as charges are mulled by the sheriff's and district attorney's offices.

Johnny Ford, a longtime former mayor and current city councilman, says the Confederate statue, which has stood for more than a century in the predominantly-Black city, represents slavery and that he is prepared to do whatever is necessary to have it removed.

"Yes, bring it on, bring the charges on, I'm prepared for good trouble, like Congressman John Lewis, take me to jail," Ford explained. "I don't mind going to jail. Let me tell you something. Martin Luther King said if you, if you're not willing to die for something, there's really no reason. I'm willing to die for these issues, voting rights, civil rights, health rights, and in this case, justice and an end to slavery."

MVP Quote

"One leg has been sawed through," Ford said. "It is actually unsafe now for the statue to remain standing. It may fall and hurt someone. So, therefore, it is the county's responsibility, since they are assuming responsibility, to come and take it down."

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Opposition to the statue's removal don't really have a leg to stand on

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Its astonishing how many confederate monuments are still up. I hope every single one of them is eventually torn down.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
e9c0rk801mfz.jpg

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, he only cut into it. I thought he had literally cut it off, like the statue was now standing on one leg lol

Jibberhack

Oct 30, 2017
The statue is owned by the daughters of the confederacy. They can fuck off into the sun.

Last edited: